SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I hope I'm explaining this correctly.

I have a sageTV Media Center 6 license that I dont use anymore. Would it be possible to install SageTVClient_V7_1_9Setup.exe on a brand new PC, replace the respective SageTV.exe with the one provided in this thread and use my sageTV 6 Media Center license. I'm just trying to find a creative way to add an extra client to my LAN.

Thanks in advance,
Michael
What you can do in this scenario is install SageTV 7 Media Center and input your extra V6 key into that. Then when you run it, do it as "SageTV.exe -client" and it'll act as a SageTV client using a regular SageTV license. This is NOT a way to get a free license; but it useful if you have an extra full license lying around for some reason.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
What you can do in this scenario is install SageTV 7 Media Center and input your extra V6 key into that. Then when you run it, do it as "SageTV.exe -client" and it'll act as a SageTV client using a regular SageTV license. This is NOT a way to get a free license; but it useful if you have an extra full license lying around for some reason.
Well that may actually help me since I am not actually using my second server license. You would think with 5 Client licenses I would be fine but I seem to need a new one every 6 months or so.

Any similar tricks for a PlaceShifter license?

Perhaps you could talk your new overlords into taking the license off the Client and PlaceShifter components completely. They are almost useless without having purchased the server license anyway and since you can't get a new server what would be the harm.

I just got my one and only extender delivered this week. It really does work well. I sure hope Google comes up with something similar in the future since there is nothing like it on the market right now.

Retired SageTV in favor of Plex\Emby and YouTubeTV.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Sage Expert

This really helps a lot. I had a v6 system that I was planning to upgrade last week, so I thought I was stuck. I also had one last v4 license on a lightly-used notebook Win 7 partition that I'd hoped to upgrade. I guess this means I should think long and hard about combining some servers and deploying some of my (previously-superfluous) client licenses ...
Old 06-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Not sure what we can do about the clients right now....that's sort of a different situation.

We are trying to figure out solutions to the problems the community is having...I can't promise anything at this time...but we do value the community and are trying to make everyone happy.
By this do you mean that the 'patch' you posted won't work on SageTV 7 Clients? Can I view sagetv7 on my existing 6 client? or is the 'not sure what we can do' pointed at my situation?

While we're at it, I expect the HD 200 extenders will work with 7 without any intervention?

BTW, I do appreciate the gesture. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBurke View Post
While we're at it, I expect the HD 200 extenders will work with 7 without any intervention?
I have used my HD200s quite a bit with version 7 without issue. My HD200s are upgraded to the latest non-beta release, although I suspect I will be upgrading to the latest beta soon, due to the Google situation.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 06-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

I use an hd100 with v7 almost daily with no problems, i imagine the hd200 work just as well.
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 06-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
By this do you mean that the 'patch' you posted won't work on SageTV 7 Clients? Can I view sagetv7 on my existing 6 client? or is the 'not sure what we can do' pointed at my situation?
You don't need a licence for a v7 client if you have one for v6, it's still valid. Jeff is talking about people wanting extra client licences.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 06-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Gotcha, Thanks everybody

And Thanks Jeff for the work to keep the community working.

I didn't see it in the 'announcement' and don't know if you can say, but are you staying on when SAGooglETV continues?
Old 06-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Sage User

THANK-YOU !

I just wanted to thank Jeff and SageTV for looking out for its loyal customers.

I was one of the procrastinators until just over a week ago. Installed Sage 7 but didn't take the time then to upgrade the license. Then a day or two later, the Google announcement and no Sage website other than these forums and the announcement page. I thought I was SOL and would have to go back to ver 6.

Then, Jeff started this thread with the required files.

Saved the day !!!!

Hopefully Google will leave the Sage team do what they do best, and only be an endless source of cash to add functions, etc. to Sage TV.

There is no doubt that Google picked up the cream-of-the-crop PVR software.... now Google, don't screw it up!

Thanks-again.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Sage User

Got to say this is a great move from Jeff AND Google. I think it goes some way to show that they really do care about the SageTV community (not that I ever doubted that Jeff did, but Google.......)

Anyway, great gesture and it solves a problem a friend of mine has that sat on the fence too long for the V7 upgrade.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
Perhaps you could talk your new overlords into taking the license off the Client and PlaceShifter components completely. They are almost useless without having purchased the server license anyway and since you can't get a new server what would be the harm.
Or just have it require that it interact with a server that has a valid license, if reworking the logic on that isn't too much trouble. Considering there are a couple things the clients can do without a server... Although I'm not sure why anyone would want to go through that kind of trouble.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Not sure what we can do about the clients right now....that's sort of a different situation.

We are trying to figure out solutions to the problems the community is having...I can't promise anything at this time...but we do value the community and are trying to make everyone happy.
It's great of you offering those with previous version licence can use it in SageTV 7 now but I think most of us are in needing of either extenders or client licences.

It would be cool if you could set any SageTV version licences we purchase to run in any software including clients with no restriction on same LAN network.

Like I could use my SageTV 7 licence I brought from you in my other 3 clients on same LAN networks.

That will give most of us a great relief and a peace of mind.

Could you look into allowing this?

Thank again for you software

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 06-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Sage User

Jeffrey,
Is there any hope that you will have an answer any time soon for those of us who need new client licenses?
I was well on my way to converting my whole system to STV, with the plan to have 4 clients and two HD300s. I was getting the third client up and running on the trial and when I went to pull the trigger I found out about the Google purchase. Now I have a ready to go set-up in my daughter's room and am having to listen to her whine every day until I can get her TV back. You can't imagine how annoying that is - she's starting to sound like Fran Drescher!
Anyway, I know you are under constraints now, but any indication you can give on how long we might have to wait for a definitive yea or nay would be helpful. Even if its just a way to extend the trial for another 21 days to give us some time would be helpful. I'm definitely not looking for a free ride, just some relief while the powers that be come up with a decision.
Congratulations on having your hard work pay off, and thanks for continuing to care about the community.
Bob
Old 06-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
I didn't see it in the 'announcement' and don't know if you can say, but are you staying on when SAGooglETV continues?
Just look at my sig....I am a Google employee now.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealsdyker View Post
I have V7 already, but am stuck in the middle of expanding a new client. Was testing on a machine to make sure it worked first (was trying to decide between 300 and a sage client). This is great, but doesn't help me in the middle of my transition because my temp key expired. Anything you can do in my situation?
I am in the same boat. I was running 2 new machines while testing with sage client and now I can not get keys for. and I had talked my boss into me setting his house up for a total setup like I have and now I have to say sorry I cant do what I said I could do for him.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The term's Googlers... try to fit in.. ;-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-28-2011, 02:35 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
The term's Googlers... try to fit in.. ;-)
Has your company space hopper arrived yet ?
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 06-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Just wondering if the company logo on your new business cards changes regularly like the website?

Grant
Old 06-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
And as a Google employee, you get 20% of your work time to work on whatever you want, right? How about working on a version of the HD300 firmware that we could flash on other Sigma-based hardware?
Old 06-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Attorney View Post
And as a Google employee, you get 20% of your work time to work on whatever you want, right? How about working on a version of the HD300 firmware that we could flash on other Sigma-based hardware?
+1 Trillion