SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-24-2011, 07:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Smile

Thank you very much for doing this! I had about a week left on my v7 trial and wasn't sure what I was going to do.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Jeff. Way to look out for us that have been here a while . I can now continue with my plan to go to v7 this summer during TV slow season.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:50 AM
Sage Fanatic

Many thanks.

Jesse
HD300 X1
Old 06-24-2011, 08:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Now, wait just a second here. Shouldn't I be really p1ssed off about the fact that I PAID for a V7 upgrade license and now they're just being handed out to everybody?!?! This is ridiculous! WTF?!?! Why should everyone else get for free what I was FORCED to pay for??? What a rip off! Way to look out for your customers!!! Anyone who paid for a V7 upgrade should be given a REFUND!!!
</sarcasm>

You know someone was going to post something like this sooner or later. So, as someone who did pay for the V7 license, I want to say that I'm NOT upset about this move and I think it's an awesome gesture. I got what I paid for and I'm satisfied with that. It's all about timing. I bought "early" and "lost". Quite a few people are now complaining that they waited too long to buy something and still "lost". It works both ways sometimes. You know the saying... you snooze, you lose.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 06-24-2011, 08:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
Now, wait just a second here. Shouldn't I be really p1ssed off about the fact that I PAID for a V7 upgrade license and now they're just being handed out to everybody?!?! This is ridiculous! WTF?!?! Why should everyone else get for free what I was FORCED to pay for??? What a rip off! Way to look out for your customers!!! Anyone who paid for a V7 upgrade should be given a REFUND!!!
</sarcasm>

You know someone was going to post something like this sooner or later. So, as someone who did pay for the V7 license, I want to say that I'm NOT upset about this move and I think it's an awesome gesture. I got what I paid for and I'm satisfied with that. It's all about timing. I bought "early" and "lost". Quite a few people are now complaining that they waited too long to buy something and still "lost". It works both ways sometimes. You know the saying... you snooze, you lose.
So true!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Great move Jeff! One more example of why this isn't quite the same as when Meedio sold to Yahoo. Keeping my fingers crossed that Google does well with this acquisition. Thank you!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
</sarcasm>

I was going to post the very same thing! I paid for an update and could care less that many are getting it free. Anyone that has an inkling of the feeling they got ripped of needs to chill out and think about this: People with the most current version of Sage are the least likely to jump ship, The less people jumping ship, the longer this community will survive. And obviously the longer it survives the longer the fantastic 3rd party folks will keep makin' it work. Truly none of have any idea what the next thing will be, but the longer we can hold out the better!
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 06-24-2011, 08:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Please make a build of Sage.exe that let's my existing client license keys be *DUPLICATED* on my own LAN.

I don't really care that I paid for my v7 upgrade. I just want to be able to complete it with the Sage Client licenses I need and was testing for my finished basement and bedroom. I was testing on 2 slow computers first to make sure it worked OK. Otherwise I was going with extenders. I don't really care if I can buy extenders (hardware) or not. Just please let me get those machines working with client licenses again cuz the keys died!!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealsdyker View Post
I have V7 already, but am stuck in the middle of expanding a new client. Was testing on a machine to make sure it worked first (was trying to decide between 300 and a sage client). This is great, but doesn't help me in the middle of my transition because my temp key expired. Anything you can do in my situation?
You can use your v6 cliient ser# with v7 server sers#. There was no requirement to purchase new Client licenses when I upgraded.

Grant
Old 06-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Sage User

Thanks Jeff!!! That certainly helps a lot!

Quote:
</sarcasm>

To be fair, I almost bought my upgrade 2 months ago but I had to pay for a trip first. I wouldn't be upset if I had already bought it when this happened. At least then I would have had the security of having V7 already. I get the snooze you loose thinking but at the same time you got the security and extra use that some of us didn't. Just sayin' is all
Old 06-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Great move Jeff! One more example of why this isn't quite the same as when Meedio sold to Yahoo. Keeping my fingers crossed that Google does well with this acquisition. Thank you!
+1
Old 06-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealsdyker View Post
Please make a build of Sage.exe that let's my existing client license keys be *DUPLICATED* on my own LAN.
This would be extremely helpful.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Just sayin' is all
I think if you reread Skirge's post you'd see the - </sarcasm> lol..

Grant
Old 06-24-2011, 09:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Can I get some client .exe's please? I only have 2 clients.

(not expecting to get anything, but it doesn't hurt to ask.)

I do think this gesture says quite a bit about this whole thing.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thank you Jeff for 'helping' out us SageTV users ... I, too, don't really need this but it shows that you do care about the community and it is sincerely appreciated!
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.8.0/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB
EXTERNAL DEVICES: 4x HD-PVR's Firewire Channel Changing
TUNERS:NO LONGER RECORDING LIVETV
CLIENTS: 2xHD300 2xHD200 SONY ANDROIDTV MINI-CLIENT
Old 06-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfMany View Post
You can use your v6 cliient ser# with v7 server sers#. There was no requirement to purchase new Client licenses when I upgraded.

Grant
If you bought your v6 license before Dec 2009 then yes, you had to pay for the upgrade I paid, I don't mind that others are getting it free, it's a great gesture and much needed for those who were stuck in between.
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 06-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Grant
I don't have extra client keys for this location. It is a new bedroom TV and newly finished basement TV. I was using temp keys on 2 old computers before buying (to make sure it was fast enough). So now my home Entertainment environment/hub is half baked cuz those temp keys expired.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Sage Expert

This is very welcome news! I don't need these since I already have version 7, but this is great to see.

This is the first time since the buyout that I have a little hope for what Google is going to do with the SageTV acquisition. Nice to know we haven't been forgotten.

Thanks Jeff.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Grant
So are you saying that we can pull out our old V6 key and load up this V7 client? That's good news. I'm not going to do it yet as essentially, I'm happy with Sage as-is and probably won't seek an alternative. However, I am concerned that when the HD300 dies, I'll need to replace it with PC hardware but with no client licenses available, I was expecting to have have to ditch SageTV altogether.

I'm not sure about what license the HD300 has embedded and if I could use that. Someone said something about a Placeshifting license but I'm not certain if that's the same as a client license.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey Jeff,

This was very kind of you to go to bat for us. It is truly appreciated! Even though I am running Linux primarily now, it is good to know my Windows license an be made use of in the future should I choose.

B