SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Here you go...of course the libraries that go with these are installed.

jetty
web
cmt
comskipplayback
phoenixfanart
phoenix-core
activeaspectratios
scrollingsetup

Last edited by nyplayer; 05-27-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Sage Icon

Any chance active aspect ratios could detect AR for non-broadcasted content? For example I have cartoons for my son some are DVD's, AVI's, MKV's etc... They are 4:3 and I would love for them to fill the entirety of the screen.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Any chance active aspect ratios could detect AR for non-broadcasted content? For example I have cartoons for my son some are DVD's, AVI's, MKV's etc... They are 4:3 and I would love for them to fill the entirety of the screen.
It will work for any video as long as there is a .aspects file. Just run comskip against the video and make sure the comskip .ini file is set to produce a .aspects file.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just found this plugin while installing Sage for my mom last week. Gotta say this is a great plugin. Explaining aspect ratio to my mom just wasn't working
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 06-22-2011, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePaladinTech View Post
Just found this plugin while installing Sage for my mom last week. Gotta say this is a great plugin. Explaining aspect ratio to my mom just wasn't working
Music to my ears, thanks

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just started using this and so far so good. The only complaint I have is I can't change the aspect ratio on shows that don't have aspect data. This will pass over time, but I do occasionally run into shows that don't have comskip data. I know I could reprocess with comskip but I have about 2TB of recorded TV. Thanks for the work on this.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusing View Post
Just started using this and so far so good. The only complaint I have is I can't change the aspect ratio on shows that don't have aspect data. This will pass over time, but I do occasionally run into shows that don't have comskip data. I know I could reprocess with comskip but I have about 2TB of recorded TV. Thanks for the work on this.
Almost everything I have has AR info but I agree it's a pain when they do not and I have to manually change the AR. What I normally do is temporarily disable it (by pressing the Aspect button on the remote twice while the video is playing - the first press brings up the options, the second press temporarily disables - and then closing the menu) and then set the AR manually.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.20

Version 1.20 of this plugin is now available. Changelog:
  • Added an informational pop-up on the first run warning that comskip.ini must be setup properly.
  • Added an option to disable showing current aspect ratio on timeline.
  • When displaying the OSD Options Menu give the user the choice to display the AAR Options or go to the default Aspect Ratio Mode sub menu.
  • If no ratio information is available then the Aspect Ratio Toggle key will have the default behavior.
  • Do not allow user to exclude the channel for an Airing that does not have a channel.
  • Fixed a NPE if a non-mpg video was missing an .aspects file.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the close button to disappear on the mode mapping menu.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the Options menu to be too narrow if the user was not using advanced options in other menus.
  • Fixed a bug that would reset aspect ratio to default if show had no aspect ratio information and the user had selected a custom aspect ratio.
  • Migrated hosting to bintray.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:09 PM
Sage User

Any aspect ratio plugin for sagemc

I looked and anything that looked like it would work with sagemc was not available.
Running sagetv 7 with sagemc
Old 04-21-2016, 07:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Scoobz View Post
I looked and anything that looked like it would work with sagemc was not available.
Running sagetv 7 with sagemc
I've never tried it with SageMC. I'm not sure if it will work or not. It mostly depends on if SageMC uses the default OSD or creates its own. It it uses the default OSD it should work. If it creates its own OSD it will not.

Old 08-15-2020, 01:56 PM
Sage User

Can't set "Channels with Fixed Aspect Ratios"

Hello all, and TMiranda if you're still out there.

I've been using the ActiveAspectRatios for a long time now, and it works well for the most part. However, there is one channel, "This TV", that distributes to all of their stations in 4:3, but some of the stations apparently tag it as 16:9 so that the video is always extra wide, which I hate. If I'm watching live, there are no .aspects files yet. Since "This" on channel 3.4 in Phoenix is always 4:3, I looked through settings to see if I could set a fixed aspect ratio for this channel at a fixed 4:3. I found the menu: Active Aspect Ratios ->Channels with Fixed Aspect Ratios -> Select -> Scroll to the channel I want to change -> Not Set. It pulls up a menu saying "Select the new Aspect Ratio for ..." with radio option buttons: Fill, Source, 4x3, 16x9. However, when I click on a radio button, nothing happens. The radio button doesn't 'light up'. All I can do is select either the 'close' or the "remove the Fixed Aspect Ratio" option to close the window. And thus I can't set the fixed aspect ratio for this channel (or any channel, as the inability to set a fixed ratio is problematic for all channels - not just the one I'm trying to change.)

I verified I'm updated to the latest. I tried disabling, enabling, and uninstalling neilm's Automatic Aspect Ratio Mode Switcher as well, as I wasn't sure how it might interact or interfere with this plugin. Nothing I did changed the inability to set a fixed aspect ratio.

Is this a known problem? Or is it just my setup?

All help is appreciated!
Old 08-15-2020, 02:01 PM
Sage User

Update

Thought it might be appropriate to provide some version info:
Sagetv V9.2.268 (client and server)
Java: 1.8.0_261
STV: SageTV7 Version 9.2.0.0
ActiveAspectRatios version: 1.20

Thanks