SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:49 AM
Sage User

Can we have an option to hide the OSD options from the "option" menu? Once set I don't need to see them again and they clutter up the place?

Cheers
Old 05-11-2011, 04:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost5 View Post
Can we have an option to hide the OSD options from the "option" menu? Once set I don't need to see them again and they clutter up the place?

Cheers
That's a bit undoable...You don't ever wNt to hide an option that you admit you adjust....sorry it seems cluttered we could put it under another menu but then that is another menu to drill down too.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Create a custom TV view with the Simplified option and then using filtering set "only include imported tv", then turn on season option. All of your imported tv will be shown grouped by show and then by season when you drill down on the show. Set the sort for the shows (first level) to be alphabetic and you will have a nice alphabetic show/season listing with fanart.

Then for your movies create custom movie views (each based on the type of view you want :list, cover, wall) for each "grouping" of movies. One for "Kids" that only shows the movies in the folder you want to show (using folder filtering include/exclude) and then create another movie view based on the "Mom and Dad" folders you want to include (using folder filtering include/exclude)

As for moving movies to a watched folder just set the show watched filter to no and you don't have to move them around. Same in TV, filter out watched and they won't show.

Have a look at the wiki, jusjoken has put a lot of work into it.

http://code.google.com/p/sagediamond...ondInformation

Hope this works for you.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Well - that comes a lot closer. I didn't even realize you could create the custom views. That makes the movies work pretty much perfectly. However - I'm still struggling with my TV shows I guess. Couple reasons:

1) I Utilitize SageTV as a DVR to record OTA shows - and prefer to keep those completely separate from the rest of my tv shows.

2) I can't get the imported tv shows to group right for some reason. Don't get why - but it is putting every single show in it's own series/season folder. So - if I have 14 episodes for a season.. it will show 14 entries on the main screen - each that drills down to a season showing a single episode in it. All the metadata for the episode seems to be there (the video details properly lists Episode X, Season X) ... so not quite sure what I'm doing wrong.

3) Is there any way to create custom views for the TV shows? For instance - would be nice to be able to separate out my kids TV shows from my TV shows.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Last edited by moothekow; 05-11-2011 at 05:49 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by setherd View Post
I'd love a way to launch an external program.
Ideally XBMC or Boxee. Minimize sagetv and run the application. Like the hulu option on the onlne menu.
I used to be able to do this in V6
This can be done very easily in studio.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

I don't have a screenshot handy, but I'm wondering if it is expected that the Video Preview for recordings sits over top of the timeline bar. On my setup (HD200) it overlaps and sometimes seems odd that way especially when there is comskip information in the bar or I want to see playback status.

Also, When I show the weather widgets some of the text is slightly clipped. It's as if there just isn't enough room to show it all. Maybe there is a font setting somewhere I haven't noticed?

Just wondering...
Old 05-11-2011, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk51 View Post
I don't have a screenshot handy, but I'm wondering if it is expected that the Video Preview for recordings sits over top of the timeline bar. On my setup (HD200) it overlaps and sometimes seems odd that way especially when there is comskip information in the bar or I want to see playback status.

Also, When I show the weather widgets some of the text is slightly clipped. It's as if there just isn't enough room to show it all. Maybe there is a font setting somewhere I haven't noticed?

Just wondering...
The first item is a known issue ... see this issue on the issues list

The second item likely can be resolved by making the widgets wider using the Widget Control Panel. Or, check your setting in Detailed Setup, Customize, under Font size Limitation Settings and set it to something like "9".

k
Old 05-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by moothekow View Post
Well - that comes a lot closer. I didn't even realize you could create the custom views. That makes the movies work pretty much perfectly. However - I'm still struggling with my TV shows I guess. Couple reasons:

1) I Utilitize SageTV as a DVR to record OTA shows - and prefer to keep those completely separate from the rest of my tv shows.

2) I can't get the imported tv shows to group right for some reason. Don't get why - but it is putting every single show in it's own series/season folder. So - if I have 14 episodes for a season.. it will show 14 entries on the main screen - each that drills down to a season showing a single episode in it. All the metadata for the episode seems to be there (the video details properly lists Episode X, Season X) ... so not quite sure what I'm doing wrong.

3) Is there any way to create custom views for the TV shows? For instance - would be nice to be able to separate out my kids TV shows from my TV shows.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
Re #1 - Here is how I do it, I have three TV views that I use, one called "All Recordings" (existing with filtering changed), one called "Imported TV" (repurposed "Archived TV" with filters changed) and one called "Recorded Movies" (existing filters).

In "All Recordings" I only have recorded TV (no movies showing as then get lost in the listing of TV and I prefer them in their own view or in the movie views) showing and turn off the filtering in of any extra TV show sources like "imported", "Imported TV from Playon" (don't have queque in Canada), "Recorded Movies".

Here are the filter settings,

In "Imported TV" I only have the following set so that I only see my Archived/Imported TV, that I don't want all mixed in with my daily recordings.

Re #2 - I think that based on your prior post you may be having issues with your storage method.

If you have archived stored like this,

C:\TV SHOWS\LOST\SEASON1\Pilot_S01E01.mkv

then BMT may be having a hard time figuring out what it is and as a result they are all treated like different shows in the main listing. BMT will have a hard time figuring out what to do with "Pilot_S01E01.mkv" as it doesn't read the folder structure for the show name that I am aware of. (unless I am missunderstanding your description...)

I store my archived shows like this,

C:\TV SHOWS\LOST\Lost_Pilot_S01E01.mkv
C:\TV SHOWS\LOST\Lost_Episode Name_S01E02.mkv
C:\TV SHOWS\LOST\Lost_Episode Name_S01E03.mkv
Etc...

I have never had a problem with BMT not getting the proper metadata and them being grouped in Sagetv with this method. I have more than one season in my "LOST" folder but the SXXEXX in the names makes sure that the right metadata is found for them.

Re #3 - Create a new TV view from the options menu slide out and call it "Kids" and then set the filtering to be the same as "All Recordings" but then add additional filtering by using the "Categories filtered in:" option at the bottom of the filtering options screen for the view. Select "Children" or whatever it is and make sure the option is to "include".

It will look like this after,

Best of luck.

J
Attached Images
File Type: jpg All Recordings.jpg (118.7 KB, 643 views)
File Type: jpg Imported TV.jpg (118.9 KB, 616 views)
File Type: jpg Categories filtered in.jpg (115.3 KB, 631 views)
Old 05-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the detailed help Jorton, but in regards to #2 I don't understand how/why metadata would be the problem. I do actually have the correct metadata (I actually don't only use BMT for metadata... I used to use Windows Media Center/MediaBrowser in addition to SageTV -- I wrote my own windows service that actually scrubbed/created metadata which I stored in an SQL DB for MediaBrowser to use and generated .properties files for SageTV to use).

So - even though my files are:
Tv Shows\Lost\Season 01\Name-S01E02.mkv I have metadata with all the information for the shows.

I've attached a couple screenshots showing the information it has for Season 2 Episodes 1 and 2 -- as well as an example of how it separates them out into different groups for some reason.
Lost_example_1.png
Lost_example_4.png

Lost_example_3.png
Lost_example_2.png

Also - When you say 'Create a new TV view from the options menu slide' - can you elaborate a little further? I've been digging through all the menus I can find - and the only thing I've been able to find is ways to create new custom movie views.

Last edited by moothekow; 05-11-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed help Jorton, but in regards to #2 I don't understand how/why metadata would be the problem. I do actually have the correct metadata (I actually don't only use BMT for metadata... I used to use Windows Media Center/MediaBrowser in addition to SageTV -- I wrote my own windows service that actually scrubbed/created metadata which I stored in an SQL DB for MediaBrowser to use and generated .properties files for SageTV to use).

So - even though my files are:
Tv Shows\Lost\Season 01\Name-S01E02.mkv I have metadata with all the information for the shows.

I've attached a couple screenshots showing the information it has for Season 2 Episodes 1 and 2 -- as well as an example of how it separates them out into different groups for some reason.
Attachment 12580
Attachment 12583

Attachment 12585
Attachment 12586

Also - When you say 'Create a new TV view from the options menu slide' - can you elaborate a little further? I've been digging through all the menus I can find - and the only thing I've been able to find is ways to create new custom movie views.
Right now BMT is the only option to get correct TV metdata into sageTV. MyMovies will be eventually once I get to it. Your metadata is not picked up by sage as it is not universal. So you must use BMT your metadata is your problem.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Right now BMT is the only option to get correct TV metdata into sageTV. MyMovies will be eventually once I get to it. Your metadata is not picked up by sage as it is not universal. So you must use BMT your metadata is your problem.
I total missed you wrote your own properties files can I see one? You also might need to force a reindex if you did that after adding the folders to sagetv.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Sage Icon

Reading through this thread I see an awe full lot of references to SageMC.

I for one would love to see a more simplistic approach to screens like SageMC did. For that reason I still use SageMC with sage 7.x.x. The colors do get a little boring though. I primarily use the HD300 for my clients.

-Skybolt
Old 05-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I total missed you wrote your own properties files can I see one? You also might need to force a reindex if you did that after adding the folders to sagetv.
I don't actually have an example of the one for those Lost videos readily available at the moment - but here is an example of one for the show Mad Men:

Title=Mad Men - (03) 09 - Wee Small Hours
MediaTitle=Mad Men
Director=Scott Hornbacher;
Writer=Dahvi Waller;Matthew Weiner;
Description=There is trouble for Don and Sal in giving their clients what they ask for. Meanwhile, Betty hosts a fundraiser.
Rated=
UserRating=8
MediaType=TV
EpisodeNumber=9
EpisodeTitle=09 - Wee Small Hours
SeasonNumber=3
MediaProviderDataID=tvdb\:80337
ReleaseDate=2009-10-11
Old 05-11-2011, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't actually have an example of the one for those Lost videos readily available at the moment - but here is an example of one for the show Mad Men:

Title=Mad Men - (03) 09 - Wee Small Hours
MediaTitle=Mad Men
Director=Scott Hornbacher;
Writer=Dahvi Waller;Matthew Weiner;
Description=There is trouble for Don and Sal in giving their clients what they ask for. Meanwhile, Betty hosts a fundraiser.
Rated=
UserRating=8
MediaType=TV
EpisodeNumber=9
EpisodeTitle=09 - Wee Small Hours
SeasonNumber=3
MediaProviderDataID=tvdb\:80337
ReleaseDate=2009-10-11
Your title should just be "Mad Men" that is part of the issue. Also the episode title doesn;t need or shouldn't have the episode number in it.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Your title should just be "Mad Men" that is part of the issue. Also the episode title doesn;t need or shouldn't have the episode number in it.
Note.d. I can easily change that.. Did that because SageMC didn't display fancy information for each file as i browsed through them - so needed that information in the title so I properly navigate things.

I'll let you know what happens when I change it.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Note.d. I can easily change that.. Did that because SageMC didn't display fancy information for each file as i browsed through them - so needed that information in the title so I properly navigate things.

I'll let you know what happens when I change it.
Yeah that title is what diamond/sage are grouping by and why you have so many and they aren't gouped

ps if you want to share your tool other WMC converts I am sure would love it.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Here is a post that I did awhile back that explains it,

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...60&postcount=2

J
Old 05-11-2011, 03:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Here is a post that I did awhile back that explains it,

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...60&postcount=2

J
And I made an FAQ entry from JOrton's post as even though it is a default SageTV function it has been asked a few times...

FAQ for Custom TV views....

It is also mentioned breifly in the Wiki here...

k
Old 05-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yeah that title is what diamond/sage are grouping by and why you have so many and they aren't gouped

ps if you want to share your tool other WMC converts I am sure would love it.
Ok - so much closer now :-). Quick question - what is the difference between 'title' and 'mediatitle'? Should the 'MediaTitle' be the actual episode name Here is what I'm seeing now when i browse into a season. Note that all the entries just say 'Futurama' and then the SxEx. Also - it looks like I'm seeing each season listed on the main screen - is that intentional, a problem with my metadata.. or just a setting I haven't found yet?

futurama-season2.png

Here is an example of some metadata I am using for those futurama episodes.

Title=Futurama
MediaTitle=Futurama
Director=Mark Ervin;
Writer=Patric M. Verrone;
Description=Professor Farnsworth installs an empathy chip in Bender after the inconsiderate robot flushes Nibbler down the toilet. With his newfound emotions, a concerned Bender ventures into the mutant-infested sewers to rescue Leela's beloved pet.
Rated=
UserRating=7
MediaType=TV
EpisodeNumber=5
EpisodeTitle=I Second That Emotion
SeasonNumber=2
MediaProviderDataID=tvdb\:73871
ReleaseDate=1999-11-21
Old 05-11-2011, 04:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Looks like you are missing the episodename= flag

Mediatitle is used by Phoenix to resolve the fanart folder. Ie mediatitle matches the fanart folder name.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Looks like you are missing the episodename= flag

Mediatitle is used by Phoenix to resolve the fanart folder. Ie mediatitle matches the fanart folder name.
PluckyHD - you are fantastic. I really appreciate your help. What is the difference between 'EpisodeName' and 'EpisodeTitle'? Is there a document that explains the fields I can set in that properties file? I think I found one a long while ago when I originally wrote my metadata collection service - but I think it was pretty old even at the time I used it..

Also - so far as releasing my windows service.. I'd be happy to - not sure how useful it would be to the WMC crowd. MediaBrowser actually stored metadata by creating a bazillion files with random GUIDs as filenames.. I had actually changed the MediaBrowser plug-in to use an SQL database instead -- and that is what my service updated (well - in addition to also creating a bunch of .property files). I'll create a post a little later explaining what it is and what it can do (and how it works) and see if anyone around here has any interest though. (basically sits and monitors a pre-defined list of folders in real-time subscribing to the windows filesystem events for file created, renamed, and deleted).