SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveres View Post
SageMC used to allow you to go from a highlighted show to watching in a single click (the enter button on the remote). I miss this a lot. I hate having the options screen popup when I want to play. I know that the play button on the remote will skip past this screen, but that is asking for the UI to be inconsistent and for us to unlearn 5 years of learning.

I would love to have the option of "ok plays TV without info screen first" and then the info key would be used to bring up the info screen.
+1
Old 05-02-2011, 06:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Man, I've gotta figure out some way to type sarcastically...
<sarcasm> whatever </sarcasm>

Old 05-02-2011, 09:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Man, I've gotta figure out some way to type sarcastically...
That's why I put my smiley at the end. I knew what you meant though.

Maybe this will help.

How can I show sarcasm in typing?*? - Yahoo! Answers
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't really WANT to make the sarcasm easy though... if you can't tell I'm being sarcastic, you don't deserve the pleasure of getting the joke.. ;-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-02-2011, 09:43 AM
SageTVaholic

For the On-Topic comment though, Malore does look very good with Diamond... One of these days I'll finish my Malore tweaks, and it will look REALLY good.. ;-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-02-2011, 12:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveres View Post
+1 if this is what I think it is.

SageMC used to allow you to go from a highlighted show to watching in a single click (the enter button on the remote). I miss this a lot. I hate having the options screen popup when I want to play. I know that the play button on the remote will skip past this screen, but that is asking for the UI to be inconsistent and for us to unlearn 5 years of learning.

I would love to have the option of "ok plays TV without info screen first" and then the info key would be used to bring up the info screen.
This option is in the next build. Overrides all plays on tv (already have it for custom diamond views). Enter = play on any show or movie with it on.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
This option is in the next build. Overrides all plays on tv (already have it for custom diamond views). Enter = play on any show or movie with it on.
Thanks Plucky! This is the functionality I was talking about as well. I watch more TV than movies at this point, and it hadn't registered that it didn't work the same between the two.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 05-04-2011, 03:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

IMDB ratings for movies or some sort of movie ratings. By that i mean like 7 out of 10 stars not PG or R rated. Thats the only thing I miss about MYMOVIES now that i just use DIAMOND which ROCKS by the way. Thank you.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Can we get the menu slider on the side of where you list the recorded TV... Next to the TV Show banner... See pics... to be a bit darker/more obvious. It is nearly invisible.

P.S. Great work guys/gals

http://trollshome.dyndns.org:8080/pubpics/screencap.png

Last edited by Opus4; 05-04-2011 at 11:17 AM. Reason: image too wide to post inline; changed to link
Old 05-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

And I would like a MUCH simpler way of deleting shows (as posted earlier by someone). This whole Menu->Delete Show->Delete and set watched business is wearing out my expensive remotes (and my fingers).

I don't care about the set watched, or not set watched or whatever...

Can I get a simple Menu->Delete show-> then a simple dialog saying "Are you sure" Yes/No...

My remote keys woudl go form something like 8 strokes to Select, up, up, up, Select, Select.

Curently I do Select, up, up, up, select, Down, Down, Down, select
Old 05-04-2011, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Can't you just hit the delete key on your remote while browsing shows? If you use a Harmony (or other universal remote) then just map a soft key to delete.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

I would suggest a really stripped down theme for use on an HD100. It was just too much for the HD100 to handle. Or figure out a way so that I can use Diamond directly on my server (LOVE IT), but then just the standard UI on the HD100s.
QTY 2 dual-core AMD 3.0GHz Opteron processors, Windows 7 Pro, 4G RAM, 500GByte system drive, 3TByte recording drives, ATI video Radeon 5500, on-board audio, 3 HD100 Extenders, Gigabyte Switch, 2 Haup. PV150 tuners
Old 05-04-2011, 05:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul View Post
I would suggest a really stripped down theme for use on an HD100. It was just too much for the HD100 to handle. Or figure out a way so that I can use Diamond directly on my server (LOVE IT), but then just the standard UI on the HD100s.
You can disable any plugin independEnt on each extender and server. So you can run diamond on the server and not on the extenders. Simply go to installed plugins and disable on the extenders.

Also try the next version allot has changed performance wise use less posters on wall and sideways should work better
Old 05-05-2011, 04:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_smith1969 View Post
Can we get the menu slider on the side of where you list the recorded TV... Next to the TV Show banner... See pics... to be a bit darker/more obvious. It is nearly invisible.
+1 It is so "invisible," I didn't even know it was there until reading this.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

+1 on Online video display - more space for meta data would be cool on that - potential for fan art perhaps.

I really want to get the wife off sageMC and Diamond is definitely the way forward.

In this respect it would really help if, instead of displaying an options popup clicking on an recording presented a full screen with recording detail, images, fan art and a set of buttons for play, delete, series settings, set watched etc. In other words - just as SageMC does it.

In the same vein also consider integrating the My TV plugin into diamond development. It too gives me that SageMC famiiarity and I believe that plugin is currently not compatible with Diamond.

Thats my tuppence worth - keep up the good work!

Michael

Last edited by michaeldjcox; 05-05-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Sage Icon

I like the My TV plugin. It is simple but very nice to be able to see the most recent recording and quickly navigate over to play them. This is great for News and sporting events that I watch semi live or soon after.

The Diamond Widget allows me to see them but not to play them. You are almost there. Just allow me to click to play.

Also: Maybe on the upcoming Recording Widget a shortcut to the default Recording schedule.

Last edited by SWKerr; 05-05-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
I like the My TV plugin. It is simple but very nice to be able to see the most recent recording and quickly navigate over to play them. This is great for News and sporting events that I watch semi live or soon after.

The Diamond Widget allows me to see them but not to play them. You are almost there. Just allow me to click to play.

Also: Maybe on the upcoming Recording Widget a shortcut to the default Recording schedule.
+1. I agree.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here is a big +1 for being able to use folders navigation. I apologize if I'm missing something (just finished trying out Diamond for the first time - trying to figure out if I want to update to SageTV 7 and install this or stay with Sagetv6 and SageMC). Basically what I am currently doing is as follows:

I have a couple different folders for movies (movies I haven't watched, movies I have watched, movies for my kid) -- sorted into folders.

I also have a folder with TV shows in it (all sorted nicely like:
TV Shows\ShowName\Season#\somerandomfilename-S01E01-blah ..

I like to be able to just navigate my folder structure to find what I want to watch.. currently with SageMC it works nicely.. shows art.. uses metadata to actually grab/display the title i want for the show when showing the files in the folder i'm browsing (i.e. never see the weird/ugly filename..).

Anyways - So far as I can tell Diamond blows my current setup away in almost every way possible --- except that I can't figure out any good way to do the folder/file browsing thing I currently do. The 'folder' option under Video is very close -- but it displays the actual filenames instead of the title from the metadata..

So -- my wish list is a good solution to my problem... I really like the 'list' view so far.. if you added folder navigation to that I would be the happiest person ever :-).
Old 05-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by moothekow View Post
Here is a big +1 for being able to use folders navigation. I apologize if I'm missing something (just finished trying out Diamond for the first time - trying to figure out if I want to update to SageTV 7 and install this or stay with Sagetv6 and SageMC). Basically what I am currently doing is as follows:

I have a couple different folders for movies (movies I haven't watched, movies I have watched, movies for my kid) -- sorted into folders.

I also have a folder with TV shows in it (all sorted nicely like:
TV Shows\ShowName\Season#\somerandomfilename-S01E01-blah ..

I like to be able to just navigate my folder structure to find what I want to watch.. currently with SageMC it works nicely.. shows art.. uses metadata to actually grab/display the title i want for the show when showing the files in the folder i'm browsing (i.e. never see the weird/ugly filename..).

Anyways - So far as I can tell Diamond blows my current setup away in almost every way possible --- except that I can't figure out any good way to do the folder/file browsing thing I currently do. The 'folder' option under Video is very close -- but it displays the actual filenames instead of the title from the metadata..

So -- my wish list is a good solution to my problem... I really like the 'list' view so far.. if you added folder navigation to that I would be the happiest person ever :-).
Create a custom TV view with the Simplified option and then using filtering set "only include imported tv", then turn on season option. All of your imported tv will be shown grouped by show and then by season when you drill down on the show. Set the sort for the shows (first level) to be alphabetic and you will have a nice alphabetic show/season listing with fanart.

Then for your movies create custom movie views (each based on the type of view you want :list, cover, wall) for each "grouping" of movies. One for "Kids" that only shows the movies in the folder you want to show (using folder filtering include/exclude) and then create another movie view based on the "Mom and Dad" folders you want to include (using folder filtering include/exclude)

As for moving movies to a watched folder just set the show watched filter to no and you don't have to move them around. Same in TV, filter out watched and they won't show.

Have a look at the wiki, jusjoken has put a lot of work into it.

http://code.google.com/p/sagediamond...ondInformation

Hope this works for you.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Last edited by jorton; 05-10-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'd love a way to launch an external program.
Ideally XBMC or Boxee. Minimize sagetv and run the application. Like the hulu option on the onlne menu.
I used to be able to do this in V6