SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ability to mark some podcasts as favorites and to get information if a new episode of these podcasts was released (e.g. a widget on main page or a list of recently published favorit podcasts)
Old 04-29-2011, 04:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubdich View Post
Ability to mark some podcasts as favorites and to get information if a new episode of these podcasts was released (e.g. a widget on main page or a list of recently published favorit podcasts)
this not in the scope of diamond nor will it be. Check out toms podcast recorder addin. Not sure what all it does, but diamond doesn't nor will it handle podcast changes.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
  1. A TV Wall view where you see Fanart of all your TV series just like the current Movie Wall. Click on the series and then you go into another wall where you see all of the shows (or seasons) of shows.
  2. An integrated Netflix/Hulu interface negating the need for PlayON. It may not be easily doable but would be totally awesome.
  3. A web browser.
  4. An improved music interface.
  5. Dynamic pictures for menus allowing you to have your menu photo be any one of X pictures. Or seasonal-specific menu photos that change each month - if your daughter's birthday is in April then the April menu photo is her blowing out candles on a cake, Christmas themed photos for December, etc.
  6. A sports score page like on MCE.
Tv wall in the works already

Native Netflix/hulu not that it is hard it is impossible without play on on our end.

Music as of now we aren't touching music section might change at some point but not high on priority list

You realize you can change this images yourself pretty simple/easy why do we need to make them dynamic not seeing the point here

Web browser is out of the scroe of this project

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJohnny View Post
* A method to manage Diamond profiles.... for instance, I would like to be able to create a Diamond profile for the guest bedroom. It would only have a couple of menu selections. I would have a different profile for the children's bedroom, one for the home theater, etc.
* A currently on / upcoming Sports guidelist that would allow me to select the channels I want in the guide. For instance, during the fall, numerous college football games are on which I would like an easy method to see what is playing and change to that station
* Better integration / more consistent ui with TV
* Dynamic menus with ability to assign Diamond custom views to homepage.
Confused all clients already keep their own properties or profiles os it is already per room?

Agree on the sports have something similar to wmc in mind here

Don't know what you mean by better integration?? It is hard if not sometimes impossible to use the same Layout for tv as movies because they function so differently. So really takes different view to use them both at least in my opinion.

Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comitizer View Post
Related to this, if you're sorting by release date (or whatever it's called) it would be cool if the alphabet bar would be come a year bar. That way, you could jump to a specific year for movies.
Doable and already do that code in smm so not hard. Good suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost5 View Post
Yes I would love SMM to use the same styling as Diamond (but maybe that is for SMM to sort out?)

+1 for dynamic pictures
Takes a complete rewrite of smm to go beyond the current themeing in smm. But is on my thought list

Again you can change the pictures anytime you want I am still not seeing the value in this
Quote:
Originally Posted by alton987 View Post
A "Click OK to play" for recored TV just like you have for movies.
Doable for now play works in fact play works right from the show screen to play the next episode as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipshod View Post
I think my biggest remaining gripe with the interface is the number of clicks it takes to do certain things. I *really* liked the SageMC method of "select" = play on a media item, "info" = detailed information, and "Menu" = right-click menu. I think my wife is slowly unlearning that but she was pretty pissed when I switched from SageMC to the default Sage7 STV. Diamond has gotten her back to being mostly happy, other than the music interface (which I'm +2 on, but somebody outside of Diamond is working on it I guess).

Parental controls would be the next item. Being able to filter and password protect different views would be awesome. I think the filtering in the movies views is probably at the right level, but I'd need to be able to password protect the non-kids one. On the TV side, having views which could be filtered by favorites (your "favorite favorites"), and then passworded in a similar way would be great.
You can change enter = play on diamond views just in case you didn't now. And info does equal info

Parent control is coming the the form smm does it. Password protects and hides movies based on current access level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusing View Post
A Home movie view that would use the folder structure for navigation/sorting.
On the list
Old 04-29-2011, 05:08 AM
Sage User

I'm a huge fan of Diamond. Functionally it does everything I want. My main request would be the continued development of the eye candy. A few things I would like to see:

Here is a nice view that show cases the fanart.
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7403/screenshot082.png

Another view that is less fancy: http://www.edho.com/wpcontent/upload...ieshowcase.jpg

I also have idea for a theme whose back ground picture changes dynamically as a function of the time of day. I have a google theme that does this which I think is neat.

Anyway I look forward to what's next.....

Last edited by Gunserotti; 04-29-2011 at 05:23 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunserotti View Post
I'm a huge fan of Diamond. Functionally it does everything I want. My main request would be the continued development of the eye candy. A few things I would like to see:

Here is a nice view that show cases the fanart.
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7403/screenshot082.png

Another view that is less fancy: http://www.edho.com/wpcontent/upload...ieshowcase.jpg

I also have idea for a theme whose back ground picture changes dynamically as a function of the time of day. I have a google theme that does this which I think is neat.

Anyway I look forward to what's next.....
You more than likely won't see views like that on Diamond. Had some like that originally with SMM. While they are nice the extenders can't do 3d transformations. We like to keep diamond extender friendly
Old 04-29-2011, 07:57 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
You more than likely won't see views like that on Diamond. Had some like that originally with SMM. While they are nice the extenders can't do 3d transformations. We like to keep diamond extender friendly
how about a fanart view?
Old 04-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Tv wall in the works already

You can change enter = play on diamond views just in case you didn't now. And info does equal info

On the list
You can't do that for TV recordings can you? (Thats what I want)
Old 04-29-2011, 10:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You can't do that for TV recordings can you? (Thats what I want)
No but play works for now. Add it a a a request on google code if you don't mind.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Sage Icon

I really love the ability in TVExplorer to easily toggle between the recordings and scheduled content. Something similar would be great.

In general I really like have the quick links icon bar to the left of the screen in TVExployer as well.

... and of course Music and Dynamic Menus same as everyone else.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

Man you opened up Pandora's box w/ this post.

I'd like to see some diamond flare w/ some of the other non TV and Movie menus.

Music has been mentioned and put aside for now since someone else is working on it.

Online Services menu is another. Any way you guys could pretty that up? I've never been a fan of how things are presented there. The only other plugin that modifies that menu is Fuzzy's malore for online services. With many using Playon, some eye candy in these menu's would be awesome.

Oh and dynamic menus would be nice.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

A simplified delete options. All the delete options drive us nuts and are unnecessary as we never use intelligent recording.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchacho View Post
A simplified delete options. All the delete options drive us nuts and are unnecessary as we never use intelligent recording.
+1
Old 04-30-2011, 07:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchacho View Post
I don't think this is just for intelligent recording. If you select Watched - Delete then it won't rerecord thata episode but if you select Delete -Wrong recording then it will. I occasionally have failed recordings for one reason or aother and select the second option, paricularly for TV series where I want to archive all episodes. But you may not care about that either.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJohnny View Post
* A method to manage Diamond profiles.... for instance, I would like to be able to create a Diamond profile for the guest bedroom. It would only have a couple of menu selections. I would have a different profile for the children's bedroom, one for the home theater, etc.
Or even just a way to configure one client, save that client profile so that I can then have all my clients setup the same way without having to reconfigure each new client. I found this painful to do for the 5 clients I have.

Thanks
Greg
Old 05-01-2011, 07:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
A "Click OK to play" for recored TV just like you have for movies.
+1 if this is what I think it is.

SageMC used to allow you to go from a highlighted show to watching in a single click (the enter button on the remote). I miss this a lot. I hate having the options screen popup when I want to play. I know that the play button on the remote will skip past this screen, but that is asking for the UI to be inconsistent and for us to unlearn 5 years of learning.

I would love to have the option of "ok plays TV without info screen first" and then the info key would be used to bring up the info screen.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
Listening to all of these feature suggestions and having recently helped a newbie set up SageTV, I am reminded of something that is confusing/intimidating to new users. That is knowing where to find the options to tweak/enable features for Diamond. Perhaps if there were a dedicated "Diamond Options" (like the current) in Detailed Setup that had all the options for all the screens, nicely organized into categories, that would be helpful. And if you could have screenshot thumbnails that represent how these changes would look, that would be a bonus. Of course, you would still keep the "Diamond Options" in the right click menus for the individual screens as well. Just a thought.
+1
Old 05-01-2011, 07:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

One other request:

Movie sort by running time. My wife likes to pick movies by how long they are based on how tires she is.

Great work BTW!
Greg
Old 05-01-2011, 01:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Make everything look/work like the Malore screens...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-01-2011, 06:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Make everything look/work like the Malore screens...
Couldn't you just use the malore menus?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Couldn't you just use the malore menus?
Man, I've gotta figure out some way to type sarcastically...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room