SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

There is an upcoming movies plugin. It works with diamond.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comitizer View Post
Yup, I'm using JREKiwi's Upcoming Movies and it works well with Diamond. I also use his CMT plugin to edit my fanart / set default fanart from the UI.

J
Old 04-28-2011, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
An enhanced music interface would be nice...the existing one is pretty horrible.

Perhaps you could consider taking some inspiration from XBMC (for music)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_bloom View Post
I will second the "better music interface"

Other then that, I would love to be able to rate my movies (like on a 1-5 star deal) and then be able to sort with said ratings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
+1!!!! for the enhanced music interface/functionality. panteragstk is covering it in this thread, but I would love to see this rolled into Diamond. Thanks again for the great work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechRx View Post
+1 for the enhanced music interface/functionality. Absolutely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie14 View Post
I'd love to see an improved music interface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwr View Post
+4 (my whole family) for a better music interface.

Didn't Plucky have a music wall at one point that was a spin-off of his movie wall? A music wall would be great.

As usual, I suggest the Windows 7 Media Center's music interface as an example.
A music UI is in the works. Planning stage now. See this thread and add what you'd like to see. It won't be included in Diamond, but will be compatible. We'll have to see about using themes in a similar way to SMM, but nothing is set in stone at all. Let me know what you guys would like to see in a revamped music ui in the above thread.

EDIT: I can't speak for jorton or plucky, but I don't think a music ui is in the works for diamond. The only one I know of is with phoenix, and even then I don't know what they are planning.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.

Last edited by panteragstk; 04-28-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Got another one that just came up over on this thread. Could you make a TV series (or video for that matter) searchable in some fashion such that it could be directly linked to (via keyboard/remote/macro). That may be beyond the scope of Diamond, but I would love to setup soft keys on my Harmony remote for my favorite shows and use EventGhost to send a command to Sage to find them. Perhaps this is a long shot request but Skirge01 says if anyone can do it, you guys can.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Sage User

One of the things I really like about the movies views is the ability to pop up the alphabet bar at the bottom and seek by letter. I realize it's a different orientation, but would it be possible to do something similar for the simplified view for TV?
Old 04-28-2011, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Great ideas and feedback so far all. Really helps us find a path and go on it.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Thanks! Will give that a look.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:17 PM
SageTVaholic

1. A TV Wall view where you see Fanart of all your TV series just like the current Movie Wall. Click on the series and then you go into another wall where you see all of the shows (or seasons) of shows.
  2. An integrated Netflix/Hulu interface negating the need for PlayON. It may not be easily doable but would be totally awesome.
  3. A web browser.
  4. An improved music interface.
  5. Dynamic pictures for menus allowing you to have your menu photo be any one of X pictures. Or seasonal-specific menu photos that change each month - if your daughter's birthday is in April then the April menu photo is her blowing out candles on a cake, Christmas themed photos for December, etc.
  6. A sports score page like on MCE.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Sage User

* A method to manage Diamond profiles.... for instance, I would like to be able to create a Diamond profile for the guest bedroom. It would only have a couple of menu selections. I would have a different profile for the children's bedroom, one for the home theater, etc.
* A currently on / upcoming Sports guidelist that would allow me to select the channels I want in the guide. For instance, during the fall, numerous college football games are on which I would like an easy method to see what is playing and change to that station
* Better integration / more consistent ui with TV
* Dynamic menus with ability to assign Diamond custom views to homepage.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh, I forgot - ability to have all clients use the setting inherited from a master rather than having to customize settings on all clients.

LittleJohnny brings up a good point - having a User selection would be ideal - you could have Guest, Mom, Dad, Johnny, Sally, etc and they would each get their own custom menu structure depending on their likes and dislikes and restrictions. Of course there would be optional passwords.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Oh, I forgot - ability to have all clients use the setting inherited from a master rather than having to customize settings on all clients.
Yes! my family is consistently confused by having the "kids" filter, for example, on the bottom of the list in the living room, but mid-way through the list in the bedroom.

It'd be nice to be able to setup one TV and have the setting propagate to the others.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuhkov View Post
One of the things I really like about the movies views is the ability to pop up the alphabet bar at the bottom and seek by letter. I realize it's a different orientation, but would it be possible to do something similar for the simplified view for TV?
Related to this, if you're sorting by release date (or whatever it's called) it would be cool if the alphabet bar would be come a year bar. That way, you could jump to a specific year for movies.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
Completely integration of styling with SMM
Yes I would love SMM to use the same styling as Diamond (but maybe that is for SMM to sort out?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
  1. Dynamic pictures for menus allowing you to have your menu photo be any one of X pictures. Or seasonal-specific menu photos that change each month - if your daughter's birthday is in April then the April menu photo is her blowing out candles on a cake, Christmas themed photos for December, etc..
+1 for dynamic pictures
Old 04-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Guide favorites. Favorite channels, whatever you would call it.
I assume you're talking about channel groups, which I'd love to see in Sage. There is an old v6 plugin that does this, which I think partially works in v7 but I haven't tried it.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Please

A "Click OK to play" for recored TV just like you have for movies.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Listening to all of these feature suggestions and having recently helped a newbie set up SageTV, I am reminded of something that is confusing/intimidating to new users. That is knowing where to find the options to tweak/enable features for Diamond. Perhaps if there were a dedicated "Diamond Options" (like the current) in Detailed Setup that had all the options for all the screens, nicely organized into categories, that would be helpful. And if you could have screenshot thumbnails that represent how these changes would look, that would be a bonus. Of course, you would still keep the "Diamond Options" in the right click menus for the individual screens as well. Just a thought.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
Perhaps this is a long shot request but Skirge01 says if anyone can do it, you guys can.
Man, turned in already?!
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 04-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Sage Icon

Dynamic menus.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think my biggest remaining gripe with the interface is the number of clicks it takes to do certain things. I *really* liked the SageMC method of "select" = play on a media item, "info" = detailed information, and "Menu" = right-click menu. I think my wife is slowly unlearning that but she was pretty pissed when I switched from SageMC to the default Sage7 STV. Diamond has gotten her back to being mostly happy, other than the music interface (which I'm +2 on, but somebody outside of Diamond is working on it I guess).

Parental controls would be the next item. Being able to filter and password protect different views would be awesome. I think the filtering in the movies views is probably at the right level, but I'd need to be able to password protect the non-kids one. On the TV side, having views which could be filtered by favorites (your "favorite favorites"), and then passworded in a similar way would be great.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 04-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

A Home movie view that would use the folder structure for navigation/sorting.