SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Sage Icon

See the first post for the v2.1 update of the gadget with auto reconnect to clients and custom Recording Schedule information. It also fixes the new channel logo problems. You have to update the Windows Gadget Plugin inside SageTV to v1.1 first.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Sage User

LOVE IT, it's perfect...

When hovering on the flyout to get the show description could you add the episode name?

When I hover and I click the link is anything suppose to appear on the webpage that it opens?
Old 04-03-2011, 05:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
See the first post for the v2.1 update of the gadget with auto reconnect to clients and custom Recording Schedule information. It also fixes the new channel logo problems. You have to update the Windows Gadget Plugin inside SageTV to v1.1 first.
Why 1.1? Isn't this 2.1?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyMaker View Post
When hovering on the flyout to get the show description could you add the episode name?
This could be added in a future update.

Quote:
When I hover and I click the link is anything suppose to appear on the webpage that it opens?
If you have the Sage Web Interface installed it will open to the details page for the selected recording.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Why 1.1? Isn't this 2.1?
The Plugin and Gadget are somewhat independent. Each one of them can be updated without affecting the other so the versions don't necessarily have to match. I only updated the Plugin this time because the newest version of the sagex apis were necessary to support the new logos.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Sage User

I figured out how to add the episode name. I added the season number and the ep number also..

When I click on flyout link I get a blank page. I do have the Sage Web installed and it works fine. Any ideas where to look. Last version and this one were both blank. The page is completely blank and says connecting on the tab forever.

Last edited by ToyMaker; 04-03-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:53 PM
SageTVaholic

I upgraded and for some reason Free Disk Space now shows as NA
Old 04-04-2011, 07:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
When I click on flyout link I get a blank page. I do have the Sage Web installed and it works fine. Any ideas where to look. Last version and this one were both blank. The page is completely blank and says connecting on the tab forever.
Which browser? Try both the "Web Server with login" and "Web Server" settings in the Options ("Launch When Clicking Logo" in General Options).
Old 04-04-2011, 07:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I upgraded and for some reason Free Disk Space now shows as NA
There was a change that will cause v2.0 of the gadget to not retrieve the disk information. Make sure you have closed the old gadget and are using the new v2.1.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
There was a change that will cause v2.0 of the gadget to not retrieve the disk information. Make sure you have closed the old gadget and are using the new v2.1.
Thanks - I missed the part a about updating the gadget file.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Which browser? Try both the "Web Server with login" and "Web Server" settings in the Options ("Launch When Clicking Logo" in General Options).
OK I got it now. Made Chrome my default browser and it works. No matter using "Web Server with login" or "Web Server" it passes user and pass to Internet Explorer and it don't like it. Is there a way to strip the user and pass out if IE is the default?
Old 04-04-2011, 07:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Is there a way to strip the user and pass out if IE is the default?
Sorry, I thought it followed that "Launch" setting in the Options. I will have to fix it in a future update.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Sage User

I added "linkStr = linkStr.replace(/sage:frey@/,"");" before the shell.execute and solved my problem.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Sage Icon

Cool. I will make it follow the Options setting in the next version (if there is one).
Old 04-30-2011, 08:54 AM

Awesome gadget. But is there anyway to change the font size? Obviously on the flyout, the font is bigger...but if there was someway to adjust it on the desktop gadget itself...that'd be awesome. Also, I second the suggestion about the "Show system messages in the gadget". Also, while i'm being a pain...would there be anyway to add your tuner information as far as what their status is? Whether they are idle, recording, whatever?

Thanks

Last edited by fierygt; 04-30-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Sage Icon

What font did you want to change? It probably is as easy as modifying one of the HTML strings in the Options.

As to adding additional things like listing System Messages, tuner status, etc. - these things could be added but the gadget is already potentially quite big and items like this would make it somewhat unmanageable in my opinion (there can be several system messages and the message text can be quite long). You do currently get the System Message icon on the gadget and you can click on it to open the web interface to read and manage System Messages.

But that is just my opinion and you can, of course, modify the gadget "source" files (.html and .js) to show anything you want.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Sage Icon

I have been troubleshooting with support so for that reason do not have any plugins installed and haven't yet tried this one. Take my suggestion with a grain of salt.

How about this. Use two different System Message icons, a regular one for when there are no new System Messages and one that looks "lit up" for when there are new System Messages. If the icon was "lit up" users would know there are new messages and could open the web interface to manage them.

S
Old 05-01-2011, 12:07 AM

The font I would like to change is pretty much all the program listings underneath your 'recording schedule'. I didn't know there was a system message icon within the gadget that popped up if something went wrong. that's good enough for me. But...so "how" would I change that font again? I understand you should be able to do it within the html string for recording schedule items(?), (and I read your second post in this thread about it)...but you might as well tell me to speak chinese. I don't understand html coding.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Sage Icon

Add the font-size style to the first few lines of Recording HTML string as indicated in bold below. Change the number 18 until you have the size you would like (for the titles).

"<div class='RecordingTitle' style='height:20px;font-size:18'>"

Similarly, add this style text later (for the text below the titles):

+ "</div></div><div class='RecordingSub' style='font-size:18'>"
Old 05-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
How about this. Use two different System Message icons, a regular one for when there are no new System Messages and one that looks "lit up" for when there are new System Messages. If the icon was "lit up" users would know there are new messages and could open the web interface to manage them.
I can see how this might be useful but it currently works exactly like the Sage application itself. It shows an icon until you reset the alert level or delete the messages so if you do either of those you won't see an icon again until there is a new message.