SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
I tried Admin for the password on the HD 300 and it let me in, when the password is set to ADMIN on the server's client. I thought it was odd as well, but not really that big of a deal so I don't care about passwords and now that I know how to change case on the remote.
I'm trying to see what funky things are happening with your passwords. Please stop sage and replace the MultiUserSupport.jar with the attached file. It is functionally equivalent to 0.06 but I added some specific debug code.

Start sage and make sure debugging logging is enabled and the Plugin loglevel is set to Trace.

Try to login as Admin on the HD300 and then on the server's client. Send me the logfile from both the server and the sageclient.

Thanks for the debugging help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MultiUserSupport.zip (40.7 KB, 223 views)

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I just tried this and can't reproduce the problem on my test system. Please enable Sage debug logging, set the loglevel of the Plugin to Trace, and attach a log for me to look at.

Also let me know if you are running from an extender, placeshifter, or SageClient and if you are running the Sage server as a service or not.
The issue occurs on the Local UI, SageClient and a HD300 extender. I am running the SageTV service. Log is attached (I hope).
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (9.5 KB, 219 views)
Old 03-03-2011, 07:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdfisher View Post
The issue occurs on the Local UI, SageClient and a HD300 extender. I am running the SageTV service. Log is attached (I hope).
Thanks for the log. I think the problem may be because the Plugin thinks it's Thursday night and your system says it's Friday morning

I'll have a look at the log and let you know what I find. I'm getting ready to put the kids to bed so it will not be until tomorrow.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ah, I should have looked at the log a little more. You have the Plugin loglevel set to Warn, it needs to be set to Trace. Go to the Configuration dialog and change it please.

You also need to do whatever you do to produce the error. Since it seems to happen on every UI you have it's probably best to reproduce the problem on an extender so I can see it in the server logfile.

Last edited by tmiranda; 03-03-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Ah, I should have looked at the log a little more. You have the Plugin loglevel set to Warn, it needs to be set to Trace. Go to the Configuration dialog and change it please.

You also need to do whatever you do to produce the error. Since it seems to happen on every UI you have it's probably best to reproduce the problem on an extender so I can see it in the server logfile.
New log attached. The steps I took were:

Started Extender
Logged on as Admin
Set Logging to Trace
Added favourite from the Program guide
Verified by checking Recording Schedule
Switched user
In recording schedule, selected Record this show and deleted the favourite.
Switched user to Admin
Verified that the favourite has been deleted.
Logged off Admin
Turned Extender Off
Stopped the service.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (39.0 KB, 207 views)

Last edited by gdfisher; 03-04-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have no idea either. About the best I could think of was a user setting to specify if newly imported Hulu videos (or any imported videos) should be included in the users view or not.

Please enter a feature request on my google code site: http://code.google.com/p/tmiranda/issues/list
For the OP, is this meant to be a parental control of some sort?

I have no idea what kind of info is available for these videos, so I'm just throwing stuff out there. Is there any way to use ratings or even SageTV's user categories on Hulu videos for this purpose? Could there be a BMT metadata lookup for them to get that data, if it's not already available?
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 03-04-2011, 04:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
New log attached. The steps I took were:

Started Extender
Logged on as Admin
Set Logging to Trace
Added favourite from the Program guide
Verified by checking Recording Schedule
Switched user
In recording schedule, selected Record this show and deleted the favourite.
Switched user to Admin
Logged off Admin
Turned Extender Off
Stopped the service.
I think I see the issue. Please do the following:
- Stop Sage/Sage service.
- Replace MultiUserSupport.jar with the attached.
- Let me know how it goes.

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip MultiUserSupport.zip (41.2 KB, 199 views)

Old 03-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I think I see the issue. Please do the following:
- Stop Sage/Sage service.
- Replace MultiUserSupport.jar with the attached.
- Let me know how it goes.

Tom
Tom,
I am now able to add a shared favorite as 'Admin' in then delete it for users who don't want it.
If I add a favorite as 'user1' I am still not able to subsequently add it for other users. I get the delete favorite option rather than add favorite.

Log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_20110305_0.zip (35.5 KB, 209 views)
Old 03-04-2011, 06:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Tom,
I am now able to add a shared favorite as 'Admin' in then delete it for users who don't want it.
If I add a favorite as 'user1' I am still not able to subsequently add it for other users. I get the delete favorite option rather than add favorite.

Log attached.
One fix down, one to go.

I still can't reproduce the bug. Can you create another logfile for me for this specific issue. Please do the following:

- Shutdown sage/sage service
- Edit the Sage.properties file on your server.
- Change "mus/loglevel=50" to "mus/loglevel=25".
- Restart sage and reproduce the problem.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 03-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'm trying to see what funky things are happening with your passwords. Please stop sage and replace the MultiUserSupport.jar with the attached file. It is functionally equivalent to 0.06 but I added some specific debug code.

Start sage and make sure debugging logging is enabled and the Plugin loglevel is set to Trace.

Try to login as Admin on the HD300 and then on the server's client. Send me the logfile from both the server and the sageclient.

Thanks for the debugging help.
Looks like the password never reset itself to ADMIN on the client either so never mind.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Sage User

Quote:
One fix down, one to go.

I still can't reproduce the bug. Can you create another logfile for me for this specific issue. Please do the following:

- Shutdown sage/sage service
- Edit the Sage.properties file on your server.
- Change "mus/loglevel=50" to "mus/loglevel=25".
- Restart sage and reproduce the problem.

Thanks,

Tom
Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_20110305_1.zip (33.4 KB, 207 views)
Old 03-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Sage Icon

It looks like this now working with Diamond's recordings screen. This is an incredibly powerful combination.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here you go.
From which menu are you adding the Favorite for <male name> and from which are you trying to add it for <female name>?

Old 03-04-2011, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
It looks like this now working with Diamond's recordings screen. This is an incredibly powerful combination.
We planned it that way?

Old 03-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Sage User

Quote:
From which menu are you adding the Favorite for <male name> and from which are you trying to add it for <female name>?
I added the favorite (male user) by selecting the show within the Program Guide (Record Options).
I then went to (Female user) the recording guide, selected the recording and hit Record Options. That brought up:
Record this show
Record one of 2 future airings
Remove this Favorite
Adjust Favorite Options
Close

It does the same thing if I access it via the Program Guide.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have no idea either. About the best I could think of was a user setting to specify if newly imported Hulu videos (or any imported videos) should be included in the users view or not.

Please enter a feature request on my google code site: http://code.google.com/p/tmiranda/issues/list
The next version will have the option to set if the user sees newly imported videos or not. This should work for Hulu videos and well as other imported media.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Tom,

Log attached.
I am seeing the same thing. Let me know if you would like logs from me, also.

A feature request: I am using Malore menus and the user name is very difficult to impossible to see on the Recordings menu, the Recording Schedule menu and the Program Guide (white lettering on a grey background). Or is there some other way to change these?

Thanks again for an EXCELLENT plugin! Looking forward to using this for many years to come.

Wayne
Old 03-06-2011, 10:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo View Post
I am seeing the same thing. Let me know if you would like logs from me, also.

A feature request: I am using Malore menus and the user name is very difficult to impossible to see on the Recordings menu, the Recording Schedule menu and the Program Guide (white lettering on a grey background). Or is there some other way to change these?

Thanks again for an EXCELLENT plugin! Looking forward to using this for many years to come.

Wayne
Wayne,

I'm having difficulty reproducing the error. Can you try the attached .jar file? (If you have a file in your JARs directory called MultiUserSupport-0.51.jar delete it.) You need to stop sage before adding or deleting jar files.

SAVE your existing MultiUserSupport.jar file and replace it when you are done testing. You WILL NOT be able to watch anything with the attached file!

AFTER installing the attached jar, please set Sage debug on, set the plugin loglevel to trace and send me a log.

I have a "to do" to make the user name more legible on those menus, I can't read it either

Thanks,

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip MultiUserSupport.zip (45.6 KB, 206 views)

Last edited by tmiranda; 03-06-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Wayne,

I'm having difficulty reproducing the error. Can you try the attached .jar file? (If you have a file in your JARs directory called MultiUserSupport-0.51.jar delete it.) You need to stop sage before adding or deleting jar files.

SAVE your existing MultiUserSupport.jar file and replace it when you are done testing. You WILL NOT be able to watch anything with the attached file!

AFTER installing the attached jar, please set Sage debug on, set the plugin loglevel to trace and send me a log.

I have a "to do" to make the user name more legible on those menus, I can't read it either

Thanks,

Tom
Here is the log file. Hope it helps.

Wayne
Attached Files
File Type: zip Log File 3-6-2011 Thomaszoo.zip (104.0 KB, 202 views)
Old 03-06-2011, 01:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo View Post
Here is the log file. Hope it helps.

Wayne
It did. I am fairly certain it's an incompatibility with the latest 7.1 beta (which I have not upgraded to yet!). I should have seen that from the logfiles that gdfisher sent me because he is running 7.1 also.

I'll fix this after the next beta comes out, I do not want to install the current beta because it had some difficulties with the HVR-2250.