SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
You're my hero! I was able to login as admin and create a few users. Now time to customize the users. So far, I'm extremely impressed with the amount of work you have done on this. For the case of Hulu queue videos that get automatically imported to the recordings, is there a way to specify which users will see the show or do all get them?

Thanks
Glad it's working.

I haven't tried it with the Hulu plugin but what I expect will happen is that when the files are imported all users will see them. You're the guinea pig on this so let me know what happens.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielcab View Post
I wonder if with this plugin could be used as a parental control kind where i could assign certain channels to a user and it would automatically only shows recordings from the channels i selected?
No, it doesn't work that.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.6

I just uploaded version 0.6. It corrects the problems reported by ryttingm and jpaddock3000.

Tom

Old 03-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

So I set the setting of requiring a password to false on the server, but the HD300 still asks for a password when logging into a user. Why is this? Shouldn't settings be done globally on all devices?
Old 03-02-2011, 08:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So I set the setting of requiring a password to false on the server, but the HD300 still asks for a password when logging into a user. Why is this? Shouldn't settings be done globally on all devices?
No, almost all of the settings local.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
No, almost all of the settings local.
Do you plan on updating this in the future? If I want to enable passwords or disable passwords, I should only need to do it once. I tried resetting the password for Admin on the server and then tried to login via the HD 300, but it stated the password was invalid. I don't know of a way to type lowercase keys on the HD 300. Can you make it so the Admin password is ADMIN or provide a way that a reset of the password resets it for all clients?

Thanks
Old 03-03-2011, 07:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
..... I don't know of a way to type lowercase keys on the HD 300. ......Thanks
Use the pause key to cycle thru caps, small letters, etc.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Do you plan on updating this in the future? If I want to enable passwords or disable passwords, I should only need to do it once.
Probably not. For me it makes more sense to have these settings local. In the bedroom (where my wife and I watch TV and the kids don't) I don't want to have to enter passwords, I just want to use the "Fast User Switch" key. In the Great Room where the kids watch TV I want to use passwords so they can't delete each other's shows.

I see Gerry answered the question about changing to lower case on the extender. You can also go to a client and change the Admin password to whatever you like.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
You can also go to a client and change the Admin password to whatever you like.
Tom,
I changed the Admin password to ADMIN on the server, but when I tried to login via the HD 300, it stated the wrong password was used. I will try hitting pause. I only have 2 HD 300's, so I guess it isn't too big of a deal to setup it up twice.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2011, 01:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Tom,
I changed the Admin password to ADMIN on the server, but when I tried to login via the HD 300, it stated the wrong password was used. I will try hitting pause. I only have 2 HD 300's, so I guess it isn't too big of a deal to setup it up twice.

Thanks
It shouldn't matter where you change a password, once changed it should be changed on all UI's because it's stored in a centralized database. If that's not happening for you let me know.

I do this all the time in my test environment so as far as I know it's working.

Tom

Old 03-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It shouldn't matter where you change a password, once changed it should be changed on all UI's because it's stored in a centralized database. If that's not happening for you let me know.

I do this all the time in my test environment so as far as I know it's working.

Tom
Yeah, not working for me. (I seem to be your problem child )

I tried Admin for the password on the HD 300 and it let me in, when the password is set to ADMIN on the server's client. I thought it was odd as well, but not really that big of a deal so I don't care about passwords and now that I know how to change case on the remote.

Side note question, where do I find the list of all the favorites in the new UI? It is very easy to find in SageMC, but I can't seem to find it to remove favorites for a user.

Also, do you plan on having a web ui component in your road map or do you think the current web ui could integrate into your system?

BTW, Hulu queue recordings do get added to all users automatically. This would be nice to be able to control which users get which Hulu video.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2011, 02:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, not working for me. (I seem to be your problem child )

I tried Admin for the password on the HD 300 and it let me in, when the password is set to ADMIN on the server's client. I thought it was odd as well, but not really that big of a deal so I don't care about passwords and now that I know how to change case on the remote.

Side note question, where do I find the list of all the favorites in the new UI? It is very easy to find in SageMC, but I can't seem to find it to remove favorites for a user.

Also, do you plan on having a web ui component in your road map or do you think the current web ui could integrate into your system?

BTW, Hulu queue recordings do get added to all users automatically. This would be nice to be able to control which users get which Hulu video.

Thanks
Problem child

I'll need to look into why the password is different in two places - I'll probably send you more test code. When you bring up the login dialog are there two entries for Admin or just one? Did you use Admin in one place and admin (note the capitalization) in another?

Favorites can be found in TV->Schedule Recordings->Manage Favorites. (I'm going from memory on that one.)

I have no plans for a web GUI. That's way to complicated for me!

How do you propose the plugin decide which users see the Hulu videos and which do not?

Old 03-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'll need to look into why the password is different in two places - I'll probably send you more test code. When you bring up the login dialog are there two entries for Admin or just one? Did you use Admin in one place and admin (note the capitalization) in another?
I didn't modify the user name and there is only 1 Admin user that shows up. I have no issues performing tests for you.

Quote:
Favorites can be found in TV->Schedule Recordings->Manage Favorites. (I'm going from memory on that one.)
Great, I will take a look into that later.

Quote:
I have no plans for a web GUI. That's way to complicated for me!
I totally understand that.

Quote:
How do you propose the plugin decide which users see the Hulu videos and which do not?
Hmm, this is a tuff one, but the only thing I could come up with is a way to select a specific show and state don't show this show title in my user profile. Thoughts?
Old 03-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Sage User

After installing the plugin and adding users etc, I have found that I am unable to create "shared" favorites. After creating a favorite by 'user1' the other users can see the favorite in the guide and scheduled recordings and indeed they can create a manual recording of a show.

The options presented to 'user2' for recording are:
Record this show
Record one of # future airings
Remove this favorite
Adjust Favorite Options
Close.

This doesn't give user2 the opportunity to share the favorite with user1. Should the options be:
Record this show
Add this show as a favorite
Close

Regards and thanks for your work on what is highest on my list of SageTV improvements.

Last edited by gdfisher; 03-03-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdfisher View Post
After installing the plugin and adding users etc, I have found that I am unable to create "shared" favorites. After creating a favorite by 'user1' the other users can see the favorite in the guide and scheduled recordings and indeed they can create a manual recording of a show.

Record this show
Remove this favorite
Adjust Favorite Options
Close.

This doesn't give user2 the opportunity to share the favorite with user1. Should the options be:
Record this show
Close

Regards and thanks for your work on what is highest on my list of SageTV improvements.
The way I handle wanting to have a favorite for multiple users is to first create the favorite as admin, then delete from the users I don't want. It would be nice to have a "share favorite" feature like the current "share show" feature.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryttingm View Post
The way I handle wanting to have a favorite for multiple users is to first create the favorite as admin, then delete from the users I don't want. It would be nice to have a "share favorite" feature like the current "share show" feature.
That isn't working for me. A favorite added by Admin shows the 'Multiuser' symbol for all other users. In fact, if I look at the show requester it says 'No users will be recording this airing' This also happens if a favorite is added with no users logged on.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Sage User

Some further information. A favorite added by Admin (or with no user logged on) can be deleted from the core by any user.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Record this show
Remove this favorite
Adjust Favorite Options
Close.

Record this show
Close

user2 should be given the option to add the favorite. I'll investigate.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That isn't working for me. A favorite added by Admin shows the 'Multiuser' symbol for all other users. In fact, if I look at the show requester it says 'No users will be recording this airing' This also happens if a favorite is added with no users logged on.
I just tried this and can't reproduce the problem on my test system. Please enable Sage debug logging, set the loglevel of the Plugin to Trace, and attach a log for me to look at.

Also let me know if you are running from an extender, placeshifter, or SageClient and if you are running the Sage server as a service or not.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hmm, this is a tuff one, but the only thing I could come up with is a way to select a specific show and state don't show this show title in my user profile. Thoughts?
I have no idea either. About the best I could think of was a user setting to specify if newly imported Hulu videos (or any imported videos) should be included in the users view or not.

Please enter a feature request on my google code site: http://code.google.com/p/tmiranda/issues/list