SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.04

Version 0.04 is now available. Changes:

- Added display of version number in Configuration dialog.
- Added ability to manually remove all unneeded MediaFile and Airing data from the database.
- Added ability to "Give To Another User" which will move MediaFiles from one user to another.
- Added ability to "Share With Another User" which makes MediaFiles visible to other users.
- Added advanced debugging toggle. If you really want to know how to use this post a request in the forums.
- Changed behavior of setIntelligentRecordingDisabled() to be more consistent with rest of API. Note that if Admin turns IR off it is turned off for all users. Individual users can re-enable IR.
- Fixed bug that prevented tertiary menu from becoming active after using "Fast User Switch".
- Fixed bug that prevented a Favorite recording of another user from being marked as a recording for another user.
- Fixed bug that caused the "Show Requester" option to appear in the single MediaFile options dialog when it should not have appeared.
- Fixed bug that left unnecessary data in the database after deleting a MediaFile or Airing.
- Fixed bug that left unnecessary data in the database after deleting a User.
- Fixed bug that prevented "Share With Another User" function from working propely.
- Fixed bug that prevented Airings that were causing a conflict from appearing on the Conflict Resolution menu.
- Fixed bug that caused MediaFiles to be reset to contain the values in the core. (Will cause all MediaFile data to be reset the first time this version of the Plugin is run.)
- Cleaned up dialog appearances.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Manifest

Here is the manifest.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTVPluginsDev.zip (1.8 KB, 208 views)

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:35 AM
SageTVaholic

I started on a Wiki, see here: http://code.google.com/p/tmiranda/wi...ated=MultiUser

Old 02-26-2011, 06:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.05

I just uploaded version 0.05 to the Plugin repository. Changes:

- Added option that if enabled makes sure that the actions of users who have Intelligent Recording enabled are reflected in the core. (Watched, Don't Like, Archived.)
- Added option to show user disk space usage if the disk space bar is enabled.
- Fixed bug that caused tertiary menu to become unfocusable if the user switched from Admin to any other user, and the last focused item was an Admin only function.
- Fixed bug that caused extenders to forget which user was logged on.
- Fixed bug that would logon user that did not exist (which can happen if the same client is used to connect to multiple servers.)

Tom

Old 02-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

I filed an issue on your googlecode page, but I figured I'd post it here as I don't know how well you track issues there.

Sagetv prioritizes deletion of shows if they are watched. Currently, Multi-User will mark a show as watched in the core if only 1 user marks the show as watched. This means that sagetv will delete the show when it needs space. My wife was unable to watch a show that is on both of our favorites after I watched a show, marked it watched, and deleted it. Then, about an hour later sagetv deleted because it was marked watched in the core.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm very excited to use this plugin. I just installed the plugin via my HD 300. I'm able to see the Admin user under users - log in, but the remote only allows all uppercase characters for the password, so I can't log in. So I go to the server, open the client, go to users - log in and I get a message that "there are no users defined". I also uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin via the server.

What should I do?

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryttingm View Post
I filed an issue on your googlecode page, but I figured I'd post it here as I don't know how well you track issues there.

Sagetv prioritizes deletion of shows if they are watched. Currently, Multi-User will mark a show as watched in the core if only 1 user marks the show as watched. This means that sagetv will delete the show when it needs space. My wife was unable to watch a show that is on both of our favorites after I watched a show, marked it watched, and deleted it. Then, about an hour later sagetv deleted because it was marked watched in the core.
I'll check this out because that should not happen. When a user marks a show as Watched it should NOT change the Watched status in the Sage core until ALL users have marked it Watched. Thanks for the bug report.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
I'm very excited to use this plugin. I just installed the plugin via my HD 300. I'm able to see the Admin user under users - log in, but the remote only allows all uppercase characters for the password, so I can't log in. So I go to the server, open the client, go to users - log in and I get a message that "there are no users defined". I also uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin via the server.

What should I do?

Thanks!
Good question that I do not have an answer for. Enabled debug logging in Sage and then send me the logfile from the server. I don't know why there is no Admin user available on the server

Old 03-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Good question that I do not have an answer for. Enabled debug logging in Sage and then send me the logfile from the server. I don't know why there is no Admin user available on the server
I have very interesting errors and I have attached the debug file.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (241.6 KB, 218 views)
Old 03-01-2011, 04:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have very interesting errors and I have attached the debug file.

Thanks!
Please try this:
- Stop Sage and/or the Sage service.
- Download the attached file and unzip to the JARs folder on your server.
- Edit the Sage.properties file, change the logging property line to read: mus/loglevel=25

Restart sage and do the same things you did before then send another logfile. I don't think this will solve your problem but it will provide me with more data. I see an error in the logfile you provided but I'm uncertain what's causing it.

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip MultiUserSupport.zip (40.3 KB, 192 views)

Old 03-01-2011, 05:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I suspect you have Intelligent Recording enabled. Please verify this for me. Assuming you do have IR enabled there are two workarounds until I fix the problem:
- Turn off IR (probably not want you'd like to do.)
- Change the Configuration setting "IR Users Effect Core IR" to No. If you do this the show will never get marked as Watched in the core so you may see it get recorded again.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

I do have IR enabled. I'll use option 2 as a workaround.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I do have IR enabled. I'll use option 2 as a workaround.
I should have a fix for you soon. I'd like to wait to see if I can fix jpaddock3000's problem as well.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Please try this:
- Stop Sage and/or the Sage service.
- Download the attached file and unzip to the JARs folder on your server.
- Edit the Sage.properties file, change the logging property line to read: mus/loglevel=25

Restart sage and do the same things you did before then send another logfile. I don't think this will solve your problem but it will provide me with more data. I see an error in the logfile you provided but I'm uncertain what's causing it.

Tom
You were correct, it didn't fix the issue . I attached the new log file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (236.9 KB, 216 views)
Old 03-02-2011, 07:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You were correct, it didn't fix the issue . I attached the new log file.
A couple of things:

- Stop Sage and delete MultiUserSupport-0.51.jar. I'm not sure how that got there, I may have messed up the packaging.

- I need the logfile from the server too. Make sure you edit the Sage.properties file and the sageClient.properties file to include the line "mus/loglevel=25".

- Uninstall PodcastRecorder. That has a memory leak and will slow down your system.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 03-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
A couple of things:

- Stop Sage and delete MultiUserSupport-0.51.jar. I'm not sure how that got there, I may have messed up the packaging.

- I need the logfile from the server too. Make sure you edit the Sage.properties file and the sageClient.properties file to include the line "mus/loglevel=25".

- Uninstall PodcastRecorder. That has a memory leak and will slow down your system.

Thanks,

Tom
Attached are both files after deleting the jar file and adding mus/loglevel=25 to the client properties file. FYI, it wasn't even there before.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (239.9 KB, 214 views)
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (147.5 KB, 251 views)
Old 03-02-2011, 10:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Attached are both files after deleting the jar file and adding mus/loglevel=25 to the client properties file. FYI, it wasn't even there before.
Good, this shows me what I needed to see. I will have a closer look at it this evening. I suspect the database is corrupted.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK, Now I think I actually know what is happening. I was right, the database is corrupted. What I was wrong about was which database, it's the database between my ears that is not organized properly.

Stop Sage and replace MultiUserSupport.jar with the attached. Let me know how it goes.

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip MultiUserSupport.zip (40.4 KB, 188 views)

Old 03-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

I wonder if with this plugin could be used as a parental control kind where i could assign certain channels to a user and it would automatically only shows recordings from the channels i selected?
Old 03-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
OK, Now I think I actually know what is happening. I was right, the database is corrupted. What I was wrong about was which database, it's the database between my ears that is not organized properly.

Stop Sage and replace MultiUserSupport.jar with the attached. Let me know how it goes.

Tom
You're my hero! I was able to login as admin and create a few users. Now time to customize the users. So far, I'm extremely impressed with the amount of work you have done on this. For the case of Hulu queue videos that get automatically imported to the recordings, is there a way to specify which users will see the show or do all get them?

Thanks