SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, the issue is because of running on the server in service mode. I'll have to look into fixing that.

The plugin will not work with TVE, or any other plugin that replaces the menu that displays the recorded shows. I've created a whole new API that must be used in place of the core API, so when getting the recordings the STV must invoke my new API instead of the core's method (GetMediaFiles()).

Once the basic functionality is complete I can create a Plugin that modifies the TVE Plugin - that's actually not very difficult. Getting the new API's to function is the hard part

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Found two bugs that will be fixed in the next version:

- Once a show was archived it would not be unarchived.
- Setting Intelligent Recording for one user changed it for all users.

I also added the ability to "give" a show to another user.

Please let me know when you find bugs.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Next problem is that I can't get anything to play with this plugin enabled and using TVE.
I just ran into a bug that prevents some shows from playing. I think it's because I'm not always setting the "watched times" correctly.

Are you saying no shows play, or only shows that you tried to play through the plugin?

Old 02-13-2011, 03:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.03

Here is the manifest for Version 0.03, it's a big improvement over 0.02. (I'm sure it's still not perfect.)

Release notes:

- Added ability to share MediaFiles with other users.
- Added ability to share scheduled recordings with other users.
- Added ability to see what users will be recording Airings.
- Added check to ensure General Plugin is installed on Sage server before allowing multi-user access.
- Added icon to recordings that will be recorded by other users.
- Added "Fast User Switch". On main menu, if "Use Passwords" is not enabled, pressing Forward (Ctrl-F on keyboard) will switch to the next user.
- Moved configuration options into new dialog.
- Fixed bug that prevented MediaFiles from being unarchived.
- Fixed bug that prevented Intelligent Recording from being set on a per-user basis.
- Fixed bug that prevented some MediaFiles from being played.
- Fixed bug that caused an error if multiple sage servers were being used.

Let me know how it goes.

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTVPluginsDev.zip (1.2 KB, 186 views)

Old 02-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Sage Icon

Now play works. How do you assign favorites to specific users?
Old 02-14-2011, 06:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Now play works. How do you assign favorites to specific users?
When a user is created they inherit all Favorites, MediaFile status (watched, archived, like/don't like, play times), and Intelligent Recording status. As Favorites (and the other items) are updated, they are updated on a per-user basis.

So in my situation I created users "Daddy", "Mama" and "Kids". I then logged in as Daddy, deleted all the Favorites that I'm not interested in, and deleted all the shows I'm not interested in. Now I only see things I like and will not see Mama and Kids shows as they are recorded. I did the same thing for "Mama" and "Kids".

When a Favorite is actually recorded, it only shows up in the recording list of those users that have not deleted the Favorite. (The same goes for newly added Favorites, recorded shows only show up for the user that defined the Favorite.) The same thing happens for manual recordings, the manual only shows up for the user (or users) that set the manual recording.

When deleting things (or removing Favorites), it is only physically deleted when ALL of the users have deleted it.

If you are logged in as "Admin" OR not logged in as anybody anything that is deleted (or changed) is done as if the Plugin was not installed (so deleting something deletes it for all users.)

I started using it on my "production" system and have found some small bugs but the major functions seem to be working. (Good thing, if I accidentally deleted all of my wife's soaps operas and design shows it would be a VERY bad Valentines Day!)

Old 02-14-2011, 06:55 AM
SageTVaholic

A caveat to the above: The Plugin will NOT work properly if you are using TVExplorer (or any other Plugin that replaces the default menus.) It will work in the default STV is you are using the default menus or the Malore menus.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'll create a "TVExplorer friendly" version once I get the core functionality working properly. (I appreciate your help in testing, so I'll put the TVE version high on my priority list.)

Old 02-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Sage Icon

For now I've given up TVE. This plugin is far more important to me right now. I'm working my way through the favorites as each user. I know that once I get through the initial set up this will be invaluable in my house.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I know that once I get through the initial set up this will be invaluable in my house.
I'm doing the same thing

Last night I found a small bug that will cause the "People Icon" to appear in some places that it should not. It's not a show stopper but it is an annoyance. (The "People Icon" should be displayed in the upcoming recordings menu for those shows that will be recorded, but are not for whatever user you are logged on as.)

Old 02-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Sage Icon

I just realized that Diamond isn't completely compatible either. Is there any way I could talk you into supporting either Diamond or TVE?
Old 02-15-2011, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes. It will not be difficult to support either of them once I get the basic plugin working 100%.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:48 AM
SageTVaholic

I'd like to make 0.04 the last "forum beta" and I'm trying to get it ready before the weekend so I'd appreciate any feedback testers can provide. So far nobody has posted a single issue, and I know it isn't perfect!

Tom

Old 02-17-2011, 10:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I'd like to make 0.04 the last "forum beta" and I'm trying to get it ready before the weekend so I'd appreciate any feedback testers can provide. So far nobody has posted a single issue, and I know it isn't perfect!

Tom
I haven't tried it yet because of your early comment about Comskip:

"I have only done limited testing with ComskipPlayback enabled so I suspect it will not work correctly. The CommercialDetector UI mod uses ComskipPlayback so that will not work either, but the General plugin should work fine."

I am thinking of trying it this weekend when there is a little less activity recording-wise. Make no mistake that this is a much wanted feature by many if not most of us (which I am sure that you know). I have been very surprised by the lack of activity on this thread. My guess is that folks have either not seen the thread or have the same hesitation that I have and are waiting for a more compatible version.

On behalf of the Sage community, thank you for this plug-in.

Wayne
Old 02-17-2011, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo View Post
I haven't tried it yet because of your early comment about Comskip:
I'm actually thinking about including the comskip features into the plugin so I don't have to modify the comskip playback Plugin directly.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

I tried comskip playback and I think it actually works as is. It might need a little tweaking, but it's mostly compatible.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I have been very surprised by the lack of activity on this thread. My guess is that folks have either not seen the thread or have the same hesitation that I have and are waiting for a more compatible version.

On behalf of the Sage community, thank you for this plug-in.
Yep, watching carefully from the sidelines, waiting for comskip and Diamond compatibility. The other half has a certain lifestyle that needs to be maintained. And she's picky about the DVR interface.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 02-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Sage Icon

Comskip is working fine for me. The only problem I am seeing is that the watched portion of the OSD timebar does not change colors. That is really picking nits to try to find "problem". I would really love support for Diamond or TVE, but can live without it for a while.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

That is close enough for me . I will be trying it this tomorrow (after a full system backup, which is due anyways). I wouldn't mind if Comskip support was built into it; one less plugin to load! I will post my results hopefully by tomorrow evening.

Wayne
Old 02-18-2011, 05:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Comskip is working fine for me. The only problem I am seeing is that the watched portion of the OSD timebar does not change colors.
I've got that one on the bug list also. I just haven't figured out to fix it

Old 02-18-2011, 05:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That is close enough for me . I will be trying it this tomorrow (after a full system backup, which is due anyways). I wouldn't mind if Comskip support was built into it; one less plugin to load! I will post my results hopefully by tomorrow evening.

Wayne
The plugin adds information to the wiz.bin so that is the only thing you need to back up for this Plugin. (I'm not discouraging you from doing a system backup, but just noting to others what this plugin does and does not change.)