SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes that was it sorry for being a pain! You and slugger tried helping me and I was thick didnt think it would be that easy. Next to each task I see like orange in the DOT and says running should I assume its going to work?

Under state says : Returned <is this normal?>

Also under the dialog when I edit the task where it says Executable I cant see what I am typing, is my resolution to high? I made it full screen same thing but it takes it because when i press enter I see it perfect e.g. c:/comskip/comskip.exe the same for Test script. But the script arguements and max instances showed up fine.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Sage User

tmiranda - SJQv4 UI install question

tmiranda,

I am trying to install the UI and must be doing something wrong. I have followed your guide and installed the engine (licensed if it matters), then installed the UI, then the Task Client.

The problem is that the the UI does not appear to have loaded. The plugin manager claims it is installed and enabled but there is no menu available under Setup:
Setup -> Sage Job Queue (SJQ)

Any thoughts? I have restarted SageTV as well as reboot the computer with no effect.

edits:
I just noticed that the UI is working just fine on my extenders, just not the server. Note: I do not have any client PCs

-Nutball

Last edited by Nutball; 12-14-2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: more info
Old 12-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Sage User

issue with UI solved

tmrianda,

I found the issue with the UI not loading on my server. It appears to be a conflict with the "Restart Sage from Setup Menu" plugin that I also had installed.

Your UI loads just fine when i disable the "Restart Sage...." plugin.

-Nutball
Old 12-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Sage User

I am running client as a Windows service. Have 2 recording drives on Server. In SJQ 3 I use to have this:

Code:
:MAPDIR "D:\\SageTV1" "\\\\LenTV\\SageTV1"       # Mapping D:\SageTV1 to UNC path \\LenTV\SageTV1
:MAPDIR "E:\\SageTV2" "\\\\LenTV\\SageTV2"       # Mapping E:\SageTV2 to UNC path \\LenTV\SageTV2
How do I specify correct UNC path for Comskip.exe command line?
I tried using simple 2-liner VB code wrapper with Shell command for comskip.exe which provides correct UNC path to the file.
But there I loose Return Codes from comskip.exe and unable to kill instance of comskip.exe when stopping task. It would instead try to kill my wrapper.

Is there a way to use something like MAPDIR? Maybe as an additional setting for the task?

Thanks.
4 x HD-PVR, 1 WinTV 1850 Composite and TS
SageTV V7.0.23
Old 12-14-2010, 11:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutball View Post
tmrianda,

I found the issue with the UI not loading on my server. It appears to be a conflict with the "Restart Sage from Setup Menu" plugin that I also had installed.

-Nutball
That's my plugin. I took another look at it and I don't believe I am doing anything that I shouldn't be. I'm not quite ready to upgrade to SJQ 4, and I only have my production server. So I can't install the SJQ UI to debug the problem.

If tmrianda figures it out, and the problem is on my end, I'd be glad to fix it.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
If tmrianda figures it out, and the problem is on my end, I'd be glad to fix it.
I'm going on vacation and will not look at it for a week or so.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunny View Post
Also under the dialog when I edit the task where it says Executable I cant see what I am typing, is my resolution to high? I made it full screen same thing but it takes it because when i press enter I see it perfect e.g. c:/comskip/comskip.exe the same for Test script. But the script arguements and max instances showed up fine.
I can't reproduce this on my system. What resolution is your screen?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I can't reproduce this on my system. What resolution is your screen?
Are you using PlaceShifter? I can reproduce this on PlaceShifter.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 12-15-2010, 06:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenkost View Post
I am running client as a Windows service. Have 2 recording drives on Server. In SJQ 3 I use to have this:

Code:
:MAPDIR "D:\\SageTV1" "\\\\LenTV\\SageTV1"       # Mapping D:\SageTV1 to UNC path \\LenTV\SageTV1
:MAPDIR "E:\\SageTV2" "\\\\LenTV\\SageTV2"       # Mapping E:\SageTV2 to UNC path \\LenTV\SageTV2
How do I specify correct UNC path for Comskip.exe command line?
I tried using simple 2-liner VB code wrapper with Shell command for comskip.exe which provides correct UNC path to the file.
But there I loose Return Codes from comskip.exe and unable to kill instance of comskip.exe when stopping task. It would instead try to kill my wrapper.

Is there a way to use something like MAPDIR? Maybe as an additional setting for the task?

Thanks.
I will try to add some kind of :MAPDIR equivalent for the next build.

Last edited by Slugger; 12-15-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

I woke up this morning to find a bunch of failed tasks. How do I log or turn it on to view what the trouble might be in my setup?

I checked logs and then pressed both nothing views. Is there something I need to set before it executes or in the setup?

One other question with the groovy script. I have SAGETV directory running in

c:/Program Files(x86)/sagetv/sagetv/sharedocs/comskip_test.groovy

In the client would it be //sagetv/sagetv/sharedocs/comskip_test.groovy

??
Thanks

PS tmiranda I will get back to you, I am at work on the resolution of my screen
Old 12-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutball View Post
tmrianda,

-Nutball
I'm also having this issue. Hope it gets fixed soon, as I want both plugins.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

problem: The completed task list shows a dozen or so completed on second, then goes blank and says completed task list is empty, exit and return and presto, they're back.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Are you using PlaceShifter? I can reproduce this on PlaceShifter.
I'll try to look into it before my vacation, but no promises.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal24 View Post
I'm also having this issue. Hope it gets fixed soon, as I want both plugins.
OK. Probably not until after vacation. My suspiction is that we are both editing the same widget causing a conflict.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunny View Post
I woke up this morning to find a bunch of failed tasks. How do I log or turn it on to view what the trouble might be in my setup?
This is almost always an issue with the location of the groovy script and/or the exe file. Check the sjqagent.log file for the task client assigned the task, it will probably tell you it couldn't find the groovy script. Fix the path.

Quote:
I checked logs and then pressed both nothing views. Is there something I need to set before it executes or in the setup?
Nothing needs to be done to enable the logging, but if there is no logging then it's pretty much a problem with the path to the groovy script and/or exe you setup for the task.

Quote:
One other question with the groovy script. I have SAGETV directory running in

c:/Program Files(x86)/sagetv/sagetv/sharedocs/comskip_test.groovy

In the client would it be //sagetv/sagetv/sharedocs/comskip_test.groovy

??
Only if that network share is setup. If not, then you need to copy the groovy script to each task client machine and then set the path properly.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:55 AM
SageTVaholic

@bikesquid

To fix the logging issues with the Windows service task client do the following:

1. Go to the dir where you installed the task client
2. Go into conf\ subdir
3. Open sjqagent.log4j.properties
4. Comment out log4j.logger.sagex=ERROR, sjqAgentApp (i.e. prefix the line with a #)
5. Restart SJQ4Agent service

Logging should start working in sjqagent.log file.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Sage Fanatic

Is there a way to turn off the query every time I set a manual recording?

I prefer to just use the global trigger on recording stop.

Jim
Old 12-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
@bikesquid

To fix the logging issues with the Windows service task client do the following:

1. Go to the dir where you installed the task client
2. Go into conf\ subdir
3. Open sjqagent.log4j.properties
4. Comment out log4j.logger.sagex=ERROR, sjqAgentApp (i.e. prefix the line with a #)
5. Restart SJQ4Agent service

Logging should start working in sjqagent.log file.
OK, done that and the client shows on line but isn't picking up any jobs (and there are plenty)... how long might it take I wonder if deleting the client/recreating the client screwed something up as the task was still there when it was recreated....?
Old 12-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
This is almost always an issue with the location of the groovy script and/or the exe file. Check the sjqagent.log file for the task client assigned the task, it will probably tell you it couldn't find the groovy script. Fix the path.

Nothing needs to be done to enable the logging, but if there is no logging then it's pretty much a problem with the path to the groovy script and/or exe you setup for the task.

Only if that network share is setup. If not, then you need to copy the groovy script to each task client machine and then set the path properly.
Ok Ok I either need to set up a shr for the groovy file I see now maybe ill move it out to C:\groovy\comskip_test.groovy will make it that much more easier. Thanks ill go try it tonight
Old 12-15-2010, 12:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
OK, done that and the client shows on line but isn't picking up any jobs (and there are plenty)... how long might it take I wonder if deleting the client/recreating the client screwed something up as the task was still there when it was recreated....?
Look at the sjq.log file. It should say that it couldn't find a suitable client to assign the task to. If so, then check that remote client, is it configured to handle the task type?