SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Sage Icon

Responses about Latest Watched Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
This is amazing and is working great for me. Very nice work!

One small issue/question. For "Support latest watched time when starting and suspending viewing on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad", I tested this on a recording and it doesn't seem to be storing/retrieving the latest watched time. e.g. if I watch 30 seconds of a show on my PC, then watch that same show on my iphone, it starts from the very beginning and not 30 seconds in.

Is that by design or is that not working? If it is not working properly, is there any additional debugging I can do to help you look into this?

Also, are there any plans to get this working for Live TV in any capacity? Or maybe I missed it and it's already working?

Keep up the great work.
I missed your Live TV question on first pass. See my last reply in this thread where I addressed the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
In my experience, it saved the last watched time from using it on the mobile device to restarting on the mobile device. And saves last watched time when going from mobile device to SageTV device, but not going from SageTV device to mobile device.
Hope that explanation makes sense.
Quote:
It does as I was going from SageTV to mobile. Perhaps that is something that could be added in the future?
I'm guessing you're both talking about iOS 4. As stated in the known issues section of the FAQ, when playback starts the media player fires a set of events that I can hook into. For some reason they don't work the same on iOS 4 as they do on iOS 3. I'm assuming it will work if you try it on your iPad, Brent (unless iOS 3.2 has the same bug). It works on my iPhone 3G with iOS 3.1.3.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
I admit that I have not had a chance to try this out yet, but I have a question:

I haven't seen much about this - point me to it if I've missed it, but it seems like everyone's main concern now is streaming video to mobile devices.

How is this (extender/client control) implemented? Screen shots?

It sounds like I can now use my iPod touch as a remote control for my HD Extenders. Is this true? And, if so, how much control does it have? It says "TV recordings" - is that the only thing you can control on the extenders? Any chance for other controls eventually?

I saw that this does not stream videos or music yet, but what about controlling those items on the extenders? Specifically, I would love to be able to control music through my extenders. In other words, if I run my HD300 audio through a home audio system, could I sit in another room and control what music the HD300 was playing?
It is not a "Web Remote". There are two features right now for controlling extenders and clients.
  • From the detailed information page of a tv recording, there's now a section of buttons where you can start playing the recording on an extender or client.
  • If you go to the "Home" page from the main menu, you'll see a section that lists what's playing on all connected extenders and clients. You can stop playback from there.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've tried this out a couple times today and it works great. One thing I noticed though is that the volume of playback even when my iphone volume is maxed out isn't too loud.

Is there a way to increase the gain or add additional volume to the playback so that it streams back at a louder level?
I hadn't noticed. I'll make a note of it.
, Java 1.6.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolefz View Post
Hi, I am getting a 'this movie could not played' error message when I click the play button. I can see a thumbnail of the channel that is being recorded but I get that message when I press the play button, what am I doing wrong?
I'm not sure about that. What OS are you using on your SageTV server? If it's Linux, you need to install libfaac separately before you can transcode videos.
, Java 1.6.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I noticed that my CPU usage was very high after installing this plugin. It basically just sat at 30% until I removed the interface.

Can anyone suggest a reason that this might have happened? I look forward to testing the streaming with the web interface so I'm hoping to get this narrowed down.

Great plugin BTW.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:37 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
I missed your Live TV question on first pass. See my last reply in this thread where I addressed the question.

I'm guessing you're both talking about iOS 4. As stated in the known issues section of the FAQ, when playback starts the media player fires a set of events that I can hook into. For some reason they don't work the same on iOS 4 as they do on iOS 3. I'm assuming it will work if you try it on your iPad, Brent (unless iOS 3.2 has the same bug). It works on my iPhone 3G with iOS 3.1.3.
Yes you're right, I'm using iOS 4.1 on my iPhone. Sounds like iOS 4.2 is coming out on Friday so Brent may have limited time to test and react to this if he upgrades. My request would be to take a look at how this works in iOS 4 and try to get it working the same there as it works in iOS 3.

Or perhaps there's a way in your jsp or javascript to detect what version of iOS is running and tailor the code accordingly from there? Not sure if that's possible but just a suggestion. Nonetheless, this plugin is still an incredible start and working great in most of my use cases.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 11-10-2010, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comitizer View Post
I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I noticed that my CPU usage was very high after installing this plugin. It basically just sat at 30% until I removed the interface.

Can anyone suggest a reason that this might have happened? I look forward to testing the streaming with the web interface so I'm hoping to get this narrowed down.

Great plugin BTW.
Make sure you close out the browser window on any device when done using it. I wonder if it was still running when you saw the higher CPU usage. Either way, you should check the logs and report back what you find.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post

Questions about the video streaming?
While this may be slightly off-topic, in the non-mobile web UI, starting from V2.14, there was an option to stream the file via ORB. While the Mobile UI can now stream via Apple's Live Streaming, there are no clients on Android (well... not released yet.... www.nextreaming.com).

Would it be possible to pull in the code for streaming the file via ORB into the new Mobile UI to 'tide' us non-live streaming capable users some modicum of capability?

-Jason
Old 11-10-2010, 11:20 AM
SageTVaholic

This is great! My only comments are:

1. I wish that I could run this directly from a SpringBoard app icon rather than from Safari. Placing it on the Springboard initially works but when you select a menu item it launches Safari and I have to enter my user and password all over again (for whatever reason my iPhone refuses to remember my web site's password).

2. My other wish is to also have access to all of my imported media.

Air Video works great but I don't get the SageTV integration and have to go in manually to set things watched and delete them. Air Video also uses ffmpeg for streaming. I notice that on my iOS 4.1 iPhone that if I have partially watched a video it will initially start playing the video and then change the playback position to the last position.

I'm not sure any of this is being addressed as I don't really have time to read all the way back but I love it so far! Keep up the good work!
Old 11-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I have to enter my user and password all over again (for whatever reason my iPhone refuses to remember my web site's password).
You can use:

http://username: password@ip: port/address
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 11-10-2010, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
I tried that and Safari throws a phishing warning that won't go away.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I tried that and Safari throws a phishing warning that won't go away.
Can't you hit the "ignore warning", or just disable that warning in Safari's settings?
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 11-10-2010, 01:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes you're right, I'm using iOS 4.1 on my iPhone. Sounds like iOS 4.2 is coming out on Friday so Brent may have limited time to test and react to this if he upgrades. My request would be to take a look at how this works in iOS 4 and try to get it working the same there as it works in iOS 3.

Or perhaps there's a way in your jsp or javascript to detect what version of iOS is running and tailor the code accordingly from there? Not sure if that's possible but just a suggestion. Nonetheless, this plugin is still an incredible start and working great in most of my use cases.
If iOS 4.2 does come on Friday, including for the iPad, then I would think the number of iOS 3 users is going to be dropping pretty quickly and it might not make sense to spend too much time making sure that it works as well on that OS.

By the way, any chance of getting the Web Remote added to the Mobile Web Interface? I often use this on my iPad through the full Sage Web Interface and it would be great to have it on the mobile browser as well, especially if I will be using the mobile browser on the iPad more frequently due to the new streaming capability.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for you hard work. LOVE IT!! I'm trying to set up for when I'm away from home. Set my sagetv computer ip dmz host on my router. know my ip address.

http:myipaddress:8080/sagem/

Don't connect. I try to ping my ipaddress and doesn't ping. Any idea or can someone point me in the right direction?
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:40 PM
SageTVaholic

I think the URL should be http://myipaddress:8080/sagem/m/home.jsp

Try it on PC first before your idevice. And that assumes that you did keep the port at the default of 8080
Old 11-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
http:myipaddress:8080/sagem/

Don't connect. I try to ping my ipaddress and doesn't ping. Any idea or can someone point me in the right direction?
Typically, you need to setup a free account with some dynamic IP service like dydns, if you want to access your server from outside your router...
Old 11-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I think the URL should be http://myipaddress:8080/sagem/m/home.jsp

Try it on PC first before your idevice. And that assumes that you did keep the port at the default of 8080
Yes, I didn't change my port. still can't find it. I have my cable modem then my vonage phone box then my router. I wonder if the vonage box is doing something funky. I try to ping my ipaddress from CMD line and times out.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 02:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Can't you hit the "ignore warning", or just disable that warning in Safari's settings?
The warning wouldn't go away but I figured out the reason was that I had forgotten to put in the port number.

I have it working but then it forces me to type in my user/password after coming back from playing a video.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

"Desktop Safari version 5.0 or later is NOT supported. It supports the HTTP Live Streaming protocol but is not yet working with this plugin."

I did the update the other day and had no idea, that this was a part of the new web interface and then when I did read the FAQ I was so I excited I immediately VPNed to my house from work, loaded Safari and went to the web mobile start and started watching a recording from my imac. Then after watching a couple shows -- FULL screen on my 22" imac and the streaming was flawless. I decided to then try it on my windows tablet, I loaded Safari and then tried it and it didn't work. Now I come back to the FAQ and find this sentence. So then I did some more checking and the only reason it works on the mac side and not windows is quicktime x, windows only has version 7.6.8 and quicktime x is what enables the http live streaming in safari. So congrats on getting this to work, its more elegant than the VLC alternative or even doing orb for matter. And I hope that Apple releases Quicktime X for windows sometime soon as it was supposed to come out like end of 2009/ start of 2010.
CLIENTS: 2 x HD200s, 2 x HD300
Old 11-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
Yes, I didn't change my port. still can't find it. I have my cable modem then my vonage phone box then my router. I wonder if the vonage box is doing something funky. I try to ping my ipaddress from CMD line and times out.
Got it working. Even with Fonceur suggestion with dyndns. The reason was the vonage device had it's own firewall.

Tags
mobile, web