SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-24-2021, 01:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
I do have Mobile Web Interface in my plugins installs, but it’s been installed for years. When you did the ‘new sagetv install’, was the Mobile Web Interface available for you to choose & install in plugins?
I think I was confusing Mobile Web Interface with Neilm's webserver. Thanks for clarifying, since it's the latter I'm trying to get working, and may need to find a more appropriate place to post my question.

I did finally find the Mobile Web interface in the Plugns list, and installed it, but it's not the one I need. I need the full-fledged webserver which, among other things, allows me to manually edit metatata (or paste text from other sources into those fields) and - most importantly, to be able to adjust the metadata regarding the recording's length to match the length of the actual file - to handle heavily-padded recordings. Otherwise, if you watch the hour that was supposed to be there, plus, say 15 minutes into the padding, when you go back, Sage puts you at the 60-minute mark instead of the 75-minute mark. I do that a lot, so I need to get this functionality. I can't seem to get the Jetty server to give me anything but a "not found" error. I'm hoping there's either a tolerable way to get the Nielm interface working or, if there's similar functionality in Jetty, to get access to it.

I'm not looking for web-based playback, since I can use placeshifter or mini-client for that, but primarily the recording-editing functions. It's also easiest to set up recording conversions (which I also do constantly) from there rather than from the main UI.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 02-24-2021, 01:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I’ll search through my backup drives tomorrow.
Thanks. To clarify (because I've been confused!) I'm trying to set up Neilm's original webserver OR to get the functionality in Jetty. Right now, I can't get either working. I don't need the Mobile web interface (found it, installed it, and it wasn't what I needed).
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

DOH!!

Ok, I'm officially an idiot. I swear I searched and searched again in the plugins, and couldn't find it, but when I searched the @#%@#%K-th time, there was Sage TV Web Interface 3.3.1 (under "All") right there among the plugins. Installed it. It worked. Now I have just one quibble: the foreground/background colors aren't what I would prefer. When I'm back to sitting in front of the server (I did this last bit via a Placeshifter client on another pc), with luck I can find a human-editable (or idiot-editable in my case) file to tweak.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I do have Mobile Web Interface in my plugins installs, but it’s been installed for years. When you did the ‘new sagetv install’, was the Mobile Web Interface available for you to choose & install in plugins?
Yes, I believe the plugin was available and installed fine. Other posts here suggest this may be the only way to get it working.

As an aside, with my new x64 install, for some plugins, Java 8 was required to get appropriate files downloaded through the plugin menu. For some reason, Java 7 would run into a download issue, even though the download path and everything else is the same.

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient
Old 02-24-2021, 10:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCRUser View Post
Ok, I'm officially an idiot. I swear I searched and searched again in the plugins, and couldn't find it, but when I searched the @#%@#%K-th time, there was Sage TV Web Interface 3.3.1 (under "All") right there among the plugins. Installed it. It worked. Now I have just one quibble: the foreground/background colors aren't what I would prefer. When I'm back to sitting in front of the server (I did this last bit via a Placeshifter client on another pc), with luck I can find a human-editable (or idiot-editable in my case) file to tweak.
Glad you got it figured out.

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient
Old 02-24-2021, 10:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCRUser View Post
Where did you search?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 02-25-2021, 12:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Where did you search?
I was looking in the plugin-repository, and just missed it - possibly because I was scrolling through the "W"s for webserver and missed it with the "S"s for Sage TV Web interface.

That suggests a feature request for a search function for the plugin repository listings.
Old 02-26-2021, 07:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Java 8 Compatability

Is there any hope of this plugin being updated to work with Java 8? It's not possible to download some plugins with Java 7. Or is the best bet to go with Asul Zulu OpenJDK?

Last edited by Carlton Bale; 02-26-2021 at 07:08 AM.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton Bale View Post
Is there any hope of this plugin being updated to work with Java 8? It's not possible to download some plugins with Java 7. Or is the best bet to go with Asul Zulu OpenJDK?
Can both those Java variants work together on the same system?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 02-26-2021, 10:25 AM
SageTVaholic

I think that is trick to do in Windows but in unRAID it is easy to have multiple dockers with different Java versions. But those will be separate SageTV installs.
Old 02-28-2021, 06:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Can both those Java variants work together on the same system?
Sage can only use 1 version of java at a time.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton Bale View Post
Sage can only use 1 version of java at a time.
Okay, thanks. Looks bad then...

Tags
mobile, web