SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
For "Support latest watched time when starting and suspending viewing on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad", I tested this on a recording and it doesn't seem to be storing/retrieving the latest watched time. e.g. if I watch 30 seconds of a show on my PC, then watch that same show on my iphone, it starts from the very beginning and not 30 seconds in.
In my experience, it saved the last watched time from using it on the mobile device to restarting on the mobile device. And saves last watched time when going from mobile device to SageTV device, but not going from SageTV device to mobile device.
Hope that explanation makes sense.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
In my experience, it saved the last watched time from using it on the mobile device to restarting on the mobile device. And saves last watched time when going from mobile device to SageTV device, but not going from SageTV device to mobile device.
Hope that explanation makes sense.
It does as I was going from SageTV to mobile. Perhaps that is something that could be added in the future?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)

Last edited by LehighBri; 11-08-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Sage Expert

I'll be installing this in a few minutes.

(and I'll be sure to report back after I do)
Old 11-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Sage Expert

I love my iPad more and more each day.

This is AWESOME! Thanks!

The only issue I had - I use Atomic Web Browser on my iPad and I have it set to identify itself as IE8. Because of that, video streaming didn't work in AWB. I could've changed my settings in AWB, but instead am just using Safari on my iPad. And right now I'm watching The Walking Dead streaming. Looks great, stutter free. Perfect.

Last edited by ybrew; 11-08-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
and the iPad is so much more useful now!
Like it wasn't already super useful.

Now I need a second iPad!

Old 11-08-2010, 11:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Has this functionality been added to the full Sage Web interface? On my iPad I prefer this interface to the mobile.

Does this work on Blackberries, specifically the Torch?
Old 11-08-2010, 11:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Be sure and read the first post in this thread including the FAQ and other links
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Has this functionality been added to the full Sage Web interface? On my iPad I prefer this interface to the mobile.
No.
Quote:
Does this work on Blackberries, specifically the Torch?
No.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Regarding my question above about live TV.. I didn't even try hitting "record" on a guide listing until just now. I see when you hit record on a live TV listing it immediately brings up the video window giving you the option of playing it right away.. nice..

btw, I noticed I can only cancel the recording when navigating from the guide listing rather than from the recordings menu.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Sage User

w00t! now for SageTV 7 to be released so I can install this.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Sage Icon

I admit that I have not had a chance to try this out yet, but I have a question:
Quote:
1. Start playback of TV recordings on extenders, placeshifters, and clients
2. View what's playing on SageTV Clients
I haven't seen much about this - point me to it if I've missed it, but it seems like everyone's main concern now is streaming video to mobile devices.

How is this (extender/client control) implemented? Screen shots?

It sounds like I can now use my iPod touch as a remote control for my HD Extenders. Is this true? And, if so, how much control does it have? It says "TV recordings" - is that the only thing you can control on the extenders? Any chance for other controls eventually?

I saw that this does not stream videos or music yet, but what about controlling those items on the extenders? Specifically, I would love to be able to control music through my extenders. In other words, if I run my HD300 audio through a home audio system, could I sit in another room and control what music the HD300 was playing?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton Bale View Post
Very nice - thank you for the hard work!

Here are a few things to add to the initial instructions to help other newbies like me get it working:
  • After installing the "SageTV Mobile Web Interface" plug-in and all the dependencies, go to the jetty web server plug-in and configure it to change the user name, password, and port.
  • The default user name is sage, the default password is frey, the default server port is 8080.
  • The initial URL to enter in your safari mobile web browser when on your home WiFi network is http://192.168.x.x:8080/sagem/m/, where the IP address is that of your SageTV server.
  • To access this away from home, you need to go into your router configuration and forward public port 8080 on your router to private port 8080 of your of your SageTV server IP address. You will then be able to access remotely (via 3G) by going to http://your_router_public_ip_address:8080/sagem/m .
  • Use a dynamic DNS service such as DynDNS to turn your public router IP address into an easy to remember domain name, and to automatically update it if the IP address changes.
Ok I am able to connect to sage webserver no problem. I changed port and login info. I go and try to connect to the mobile interface using above address and it says webpage cannot be found. Any ideas? I used to have this in v6 but hardly used it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin. I deleted all folders in jetty/webapps.
I have a dynamic dns. I figure since I can connect to the standard web page it has to be the mobile interface inself.

*Edit: Fixed issue had old versions of jar files. Now it opens.

Last edited by mzup; 11-08-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Issue Solved
Old 11-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Sage Icon

Wow. I was hoping the Sage community would be excited but the response to this is more overwhelming than I anticipated.

I see a lot of questions and requests are coming in. Thanks to all who are responding with answers, that helps me out a lot. I don't have time to reply to everything at the moment, but I'll sit down tonight and go through and address what I can.

It's fun to hear about how you're using this on train rides, etc. Maybe we'll need a thread about "How I use the Mobile Web Interface", with some discretion on the part of users of course
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

This is awesome!

Great work. I tested this last night with .mpg and .ts files and was able to watch them on my iphone without issue.

I just tested this at work over wifi streaming both .mpg and .ts files back to my server at home and again it worked great.

Going to test later over AT&T 3G and see how it fairs.

Thanks again for the great work.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Sage Expert

Tested over 3g to my iPhone at Sams Club watching Terriers.
Not a bad way to waste a little time waiting in line.

I'll still keep airvideo around, but I'm quite happy to relegate it to Imported Videos only now.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Fantastic job. Great interface. Had it up and running in about 30 seconds (already had jetty webserver installed).

Please, please, please add streaming to Android phones!

- Jeff
Old 11-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Sage User

This is phenomenal. Extremely impressive in its ease of setup and functionality. I couldn't be more impressed.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Sage Icon

So does live TV works like the placeshifter? The limitation of AirVideo was that it couldn't do live TV continuously, it would stop constantly because it thinks it reached the end of the video.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Sage Expert

I've tried this out a couple times today and it works great. One thing I noticed though is that the volume of playback even when my iphone volume is maxed out isn't too loud.

Is there a way to increase the gain or add additional volume to the playback so that it streams back at a louder level?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 11-08-2010, 08:20 PM

Movie could not be played

Hi, I am getting a 'this movie could not played' error message when I click the play button. I can see a thumbnail of the channel that is being recorded but I get that message when I press the play button, what am I doing wrong?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Sage Icon

Responses about Live TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
Very nice! Used it this morning on my morning commute on the train. Worked great... now if only AT&T would fix the multiple 3G dead zones I experience during that 45 minute ride.

By the way, does it support live TV? From the listings menu, I picked a live show but could only record it and not watch it live.. Obviously, I could then just open it in recorded videos but having the ability to watch it with one click would be nice. It would also be nice to be able to tell it to use a particular tuner (ie, my old PVR-250s over sVideo rather than HD-PVR) so I can get better live streaming.
Right now you can't just click "Play" on something that's airing right now. You need to start a manual recording or it could be a favorite as well. Once it's recording then you can watch, but as stated in the FAQ, the iPhone's media player UI doesn't allow seeking on a live recording. Once the recording finishes it will at some point allow you to seek. I'm not sure on the timing of it but I have seen it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
Regarding my question above about live TV.. I didn't even try hitting "record" on a guide listing until just now. I see when you hit record on a live TV listing it immediately brings up the video window giving you the option of playing it right away.. nice..

btw, I noticed I can only cancel the recording when navigating from the guide listing rather than from the recordings menu.
Thanks, I've made a note of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
So does live TV works like the placeshifter? The limitation of AirVideo was that it couldn't do live TV continuously, it would stop constantly because it thinks it reached the end of the video.
Somewhat. I haven't seen it stop, but while the video is recording, playback will start at the beginning (I haven't tested resuming from the latest watched time though) and you can't seek.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Tags
mobile, web