SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:55 PM
SageTVaholic

In a perfect world, the S-E number order would be the same as the OAD order - but we know that isn't always the case... of course, in a perfect world, you'd have S-E numbers for everything also. Having the option to display S-E numbers if present would work well, but there's already a plugin to do so.. ;-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 03-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Having the option to display S-E numbers if present would work well, but there's already a plugin to do so.. ;-)
I don't use any plugins & I want to see the s/e numbers instead of ID numbers, so that's what it does now.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:00 PM
SageTVaholic

There is possibly a more robust method possible.. but nothing would be foolproof. You could sort all the non-zero S-E numbers, and then insert the zero S-E numbers after the S-E having episode with the next older OAD... ;-) just trying to make work for you Andy... it may be the best alternative, though...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Administrator

I already know how it could be done, but it would just add more processing time for very little, if any, benefit compared to simply sorting by orig air date. I'll leave that to a customization so you have something to do.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I already know how it could be done, but it would just add more processing time for very little, if any, benefit compared to simply sorting by orig air date. I'll leave that to a customization so you have something to do.

- Andy
well, i won't be tackling it, though at the same time, I don't have any missing season and episode info (as I fix any missing parts with BMT or manual tweaking)... so i certainly wouldn't be caring one way or the other... but I wasn't the one concerned with the ramifications of the inconsistent sorting data.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:32 AM
Sage Icon

Why the code "5309"? Couldn't the code have been "1234" or "7243" (sage)? Is there a reason why "5309" was selected for the code instead of a number that would be easier to remember?

Dave
Old 03-26-2011, 05:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
Why the code "5309"? Couldn't the code have been "1234" or "7243" (sage)? Is there a reason why "5309" was selected for the code instead of a number that would be easier to remember?

Dave
Maybe it was someone's favorite song.

Quote:
"867-5309/Jenny" is a song written by Alex Call and Jim Keller and performed by Tommy Tutone. Jenny has been covered by a number of artists, including Everclear, Foo Fighters, Less Than Jake, Mötley Crüe, Green Day, Bracket, Crease, and the Goo Goo Dolls.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 03-26-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Maybe it was someone's favorite song.

Quote:
"867-5309/Jenny" is a song written by Alex Call and Jim Keller and performed by Tommy Tutone. Jenny has been covered by a number of artists, including Everclear, Foo Fighters, Less Than Jake, Mötley Crüe, Green Day, Bracket, Crease, and the Goo Goo Dolls.

Gerry
Thanks. Maybe the next time I need it I will be able to remember it!

Wayne
i5-6400, MSI B150M Micro ATX MB, 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 - WD Green 2TB SATA Drives, Lite-On SATA 4X Blu-ray Reader, Corsair 400W 80+ Power Supply, Silverstone Sugo SG02-BF MicroATX Case, Windows 10 (64), HDHR Dual X2, Quatro and Prime, 5 x HD300 + 2 x HD100
Old 03-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Sage Expert

And there were people all over the country that had that number that suddenly started to get all kinds of strange phone calls. Looking for Jenny....

The phone companies took the number off of their lists of available numbers. Don't now if any of them have ever started using them again.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

A couple of years ago some had one "for sale" on e-bay.

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-02-02/e...?_s=PM:SHOWBIZ
i5-6400, MSI B150M Micro ATX MB, 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 - WD Green 2TB SATA Drives, Lite-On SATA 4X Blu-ray Reader, Corsair 400W 80+ Power Supply, Silverstone Sugo SG02-BF MicroATX Case, Windows 10 (64), HDHR Dual X2, Quatro and Prime, 5 x HD300 + 2 x HD100
Old 03-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Administrator

The existing option to use the malore menus for "Custom Additional Airings" currently only applies to viewing the Future or Past airings for a show. This is being updated to cover the listing of all search results when the option is enabled.

- Andy
Old 05-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Sage Icon

Future Airings - Get the Channel Logo but not the Channel Number.
Is there a means to get the Channel Number (either with or without Logo)?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:23 AM
Administrator

I don't understand the question.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:46 AM
Sage Icon

ok. I'll try to explain better, if that doesn't work, I'll see about getting a screenshot tonight.

When you view Future Airings and the 2 pane Malore window shows up, on the Right-Side (I have as 2 rows height),

On the right hand side, I see the Title/Episode icons (m/f, 1, w, etc) date/time then the channel logo (ie. the "eyeball" for CBS, black circle with ABC in it for ABC channels, etc) but in my case, I have multiple ABC channels from different cities (local, NY, LA).

Is there a means of seeing maybe the Call Letters and Channel Number instead of the Logo?

Some shows my wife cares about WHICH station she is recording a show from or if the weather forecast is going to be bad, might want to record the NY station instead of local so as to avoid the "weather alerts" scroll bars or interruptions.

Also, another question I got asked about the Malore Menus:
For Future Airings, Scheduled Recordings, etc, is there a means to have Row Numbers? Wife is used to checking the row numbers to determine if there are stuff above/below or if she has wrapped around (V6). I have V7 on a Test box and trying to get WAF high enough for me to upgrade the Prod to V7.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
When you view Future Airings and the 2 pane Malore window shows up, on the Right-Side (I have as 2 rows height),

On the right hand side, I see the Title/Episode icons (m/f, 1, w, etc) date/time then the channel logo (ie. the "eyeball" for CBS, black circle with ABC in it for ABC channels, etc) but in my case, I have multiple ABC channels from different cities (local, NY, LA).

Is there a means of seeing maybe the Call Letters and Channel Number instead of the Logo?
Channel logos are always shown if a logo exists for the station. And, with the built-in logos, there is often a logo, though it can be somewhat generic for a network, such as the same image for all ABC stations.

You could, however, provide custom logos for each station, as described in Appendix B of the PDF manual. That would make it easier to distinguish between different stations for the same network.

Quote:
Also, another question I got asked about the Malore Menus:
For Future Airings, Scheduled Recordings, etc, is there a means to have Row Numbers? Wife is used to checking the row numbers to determine if there are stuff above/below or if she has wrapped around (V6). I have V7 on a Test box and trying to get WAF high enough for me to upgrade the Prod to V7.
There are no row numbers, but the scroll bars should show the relative position in the list & they wrap if the list has wrapped.

- Andy 19,000
Old 03-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Group by title and sort by date?

Hello,

I have been playing around with the 'upcoming movies' tool.

That tool uses the malore views.

In the view, I am grouping the movies by title.

When I do this, none of the sort methods seem to work other then sort by alpha.

For example, I change the sort method to by original airing date, and nothing changes in the display.

Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks
Les
Old 12-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am getting the oddest problem. When I'm in Recordings, if I select a show from the left side, it automatically selects the top episode on the right side. What I'm thinking it should do is select all of them, so I could perform operations on the whole list, such as archive all, delete all, set all watched/not watched, etc. I'm sure this is my doing, just can't figure out a way out of it other than "scorched earth".
ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 MB, Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz, Crucial Ballistix Gaming 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200, EVGA GT 1030SC, WD Black NVMe SSD 250GB, 1x WD120EFAX 12TB, 1x WD80EFAX 8TB, 1x WDBH2D0040HNC 4TB, USB-UIRT, Colossus 2, WinTV-DualHD USB, Windows 11 64bit
Old 12-25-2013, 10:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction View Post
I am getting the oddest problem. When I'm in Recordings, if I select a show from the left side, it automatically selects the top episode on the right side. What I'm thinking it should do is select all of them, so I could perform operations on the whole list, such as archive all, delete all, set all watched/not watched, etc. I'm sure this is my doing, just can't figure out a way out of it other than "scorched earth".
That has always been the case just left arrow and highlight the group.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Go into setup and change the option where select browses the group or supplies information.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by adone36 View Post
Go into setup and change the option where select browses the group or supplies information.
Yep, that fixed it, I had been blaming messing with plug-ins. My plug-ins needed a good cleaning anyway. Thanks!
ASRock B450M Pro4 AM4 MB, Ryzen 5 2600 3.4ghz, Crucial Ballistix Gaming 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200, EVGA GT 1030SC, WD Black NVMe SSD 250GB, 1x WD120EFAX 12TB, 1x WD80EFAX 8TB, 1x WDBH2D0040HNC 4TB, USB-UIRT, Colossus 2, WinTV-DualHD USB, Windows 11 64bit