SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Sage Icon

Okay dokay! Thanks!
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 10-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Sage Icon

I think I have figured out a way to replicate a navigation bug that involves the Malore menus.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Using the right arrow, navigate to TV / Custom Menus / Premieres, Finales, Specials (I'm assuming any of the Custom Menus could be selected)

2) From any of the menus, bring up the Options Menu, select Menu Options, change the name of the view, select close, and then close the options menu

3) Using the right arrow, navigate to a program in the right pane

4) Using the right arrow, bring up the Program Information

5) Use the left arrow to return to the previous Malore menu but instead wind up "Home".

Additionally, the navigation "history" seems to be reset -- using the right arrow to navigate into TV, Custom Menus isn't highlighted by default.

Not a big deal but a bit jarring...
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 10-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Thanks -- that's actually a side effect of something else that also affects the malore menus. I'll be looking into it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Sage Icon

Malore Thumbnail Area Size

Just curious if there are any plans to increase size of the Malore thumbnail area to better fit HD content when previewing in a window?

Thanks,

Jeremy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Malore Video Thumbnails.jpg (210.3 KB, 687 views)
Old 10-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Administrator

I don't plan to take any width away from the description to add to the preview/thumbnail width, if that's what you mean.

The thumb/preview space on that menu is going to be affected by the number of rows you have it configured to use. Try increasing the number of rows on your menu - that will use some of the blank space below the description in your image & reduce the height of the preview area. On my screen with 15 rows & a font size of 12, the HD thumbs fit nicely.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks, that made things better.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 03-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Administrator

The SageTV V7.1.3 Beta contains a new hidden feature:
  • Added Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Add option to generate thumbnail during imported video playback while paused. When enabled, the playback menu's options dialog has an option to generate a thumbnail for a non-DVD/BD imported video while playback is paused.

This option is turned off by default, so to use it, you will first need to enable it in Detailed Setup. Then, while playing an imported video (not DVD or BD) that you want to create a thumb for, pause the video at the point you want to grab a frame for a thumb. Use the Options command and select Generate Thumb from Current Frame. Note that the thumb may not be from that exact frame, but could be form a point shortly before it, probably not more than a fraction to half a second.

- Andy
Old 03-09-2011, 09:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The SageTV V7.1.3 Beta contains a new hidden feature:
  • Added Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Add option to generate thumbnail during imported video playback while paused. When enabled, the playback menu's options dialog has an option to generate a thumbnail for a non-DVD/BD imported video while playback is paused.

This option is turned off by default, so to use it, you will first need to enable it in Detailed Setup. Then, while playing an imported video (not DVD or BD) that you want to create a thumb for, pause the video at the point you want to grab a frame for a thumb. Use the Options command and select Generate Thumb from Current Frame. Note that the thumb may not be from that exact frame, but could be form a point shortly before it, probably not more than a fraction to half a second.

- Andy
Any reason this doesn't work for DVD/BR I can understand DVDs but since sage already generates thumbnails for blu rays just curious why this won't work.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Sage Icon

I finally got around to moving my production server to the released version 7.0.23 a couple of weeks ago. I'm noticing one item that may be a bug in the "unsupported extras".

If using the Malore-style menus for Future Airings (Additional Airings), it appears to display all airings (past, present, and future). I don't see any way to filter out the old airings.

I did not see this problem in version 6.x.

Is there some filter setting that I am missing or is this a bug?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
I finally got around to moving my production server to the released version 7.0.23 a couple of weeks ago. I'm noticing one item that may be a bug in the "unsupported extras".

If using the Malore-style menus for Future Airings (Additional Airings), it appears to display all airings (past, present, and future). I don't see any way to filter out the old airings.

I did not see this problem in version 6.x.

Is there some filter setting that I am missing or is this a bug?
I think I improved it. The default future/past airings list has always shown all: past airings, current recordings, and future airings. But, it would list what you currently want to see & group the other two sets & put the groupings at the top of the list.

If I remember correctly, the malore menus would previously only display the future or past, depending on what you wanted to see, but it now includes all airings and has added the option to group by "Past, Present, Future". I feel it is more useful that way because you can see all available airings & recordings of the show instead of having to exit the menu & then choosing Past Airings instead of Future Airings, for example, with no easy way to also see its recordings.

- Andy
Old 03-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

I use malore. What Andy is saying is what I see. I think it is much better.

V7 is a dramatic improvement in almost everything.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I think I improved it. The default future/past airings list has always shown all: past airings, current recordings, and future airings. But, it would list what you currently want to see & group the other two sets & put the groupings at the top of the list.

If I remember correctly, the malore menus would previously only display the future or past, depending on what you wanted to see, but it now includes all airings and has added the option to group by "Past, Present, Future". I feel it is more useful that way because you can see all available airings & recordings of the show instead of having to exit the menu & then choosing Past Airings instead of Future Airings, for example, with no easy way to also see its recordings.

- Andy
OK - from your post, it sounds like what I am missing is the "Group by". I will have to look for that option when I get home tonight. Apparently it isn't grouping by this by default (at least not on my setup).

In the past, you are right that it separated the past and future. I would then set up different views within these where I either grouped by channel or title.

I was happy with how it worked before, but I can see how some might like to have everything in one menu.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
OK - from your post, it sounds like what I am missing is the "Group by". I will have to look for that option when I get home tonight. Apparently it isn't grouping by this by default (at least not on my setup).

In the past, you are right that it separated the past and future. I would then set up different views within these where I either grouped by channel or title.

I was happy with how it worked before, but I can see how some might like to have everything in one menu.
And I could see how you might not want to see all airings/recordings when viewing past & future airings.

I added a new filter option only for past/future airings views that allows including only the past/future airings. The option is ignored when using the "Past, Present, Future" grouping option, since by definition of that choice, they should all be shown. For all other past/future groping options, it is turned on by default. This will be in the next release. (edit: 'next' meaning after v7.1.5)

- Andy
Old 03-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Any reason this doesn't work for DVD/BR I can understand DVDs but since sage already generates thumbnails for blu rays just curious why this won't work.
I was told that the bluray thumb grabber isn't set up to grab a thumb from an arbitrary location. If the API call I use for this ever changes, then I'll update the hidden feature to allow it.

- Andy
Old 03-25-2011, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Season & Episode numbers

I know people have wanted to be able to sort airings by their season & episode numbers; now that the Zap2it EPG data includes those numbers for many series, I'm adding that option. This sort option really only works well when all airings in the list have those numbers. Older recordings w/o the season/episode info just use 0 as those numbers, so they fall back on sorting by original airing date, but end up listed in front of all the ones with season/episode values.

Since season/episode numbers seem more meaningful than the show ID number, I'm also switching it to display s#e# instead of the ID #### when the info is available. If sorting by Show ID, however, the ID number will be displayed, followed by the s/e numbers.

So, when the s/e info is not available for all recordings, sorting by original airing date is probably the better sort method than by s/e numbers -- you would end up with (hopefully) the correct order of the episodes with ID numbers for some airings & s/e numbers for those that have them.

I hope those changes sound reasonable.

- Andy
Old 03-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Actually, I'm starting to have second thoughts about adding the option to sort by season & episode numbers. Does anyone really want that option to be available?

Unless you have the s/e info for all airings, it won't sort that well & sorting by original air date would be better. As long as the show ID numbers are replaced with "s#e#" when that info is available, sorting by orig air date should effectively be sorting by season & episode.

- Andy
Old 03-25-2011, 12:53 PM
SageTVaholic

As you said the s & e numbers have more meaning. We watch and delete so it won't be long before all our shows have S & E. Since you asked I would like to have that option. If not enough people want it I can live without it. (If you want to call that living. )

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Sage Icon

I'm also in the watch and delete crowd so it won't be long before all my shows have the s & e info. Once I'm there sorting that way would be nice.

S
Old 03-25-2011, 01:29 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't care at all about Season and Episode information.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Provided the data is accurate, both sort options should end up with the same result, but I'll leave the s/e sort option.

- Andy