SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matterofrecord View Post
OH AND a button in the program guide that takes you straight to the recording schedule would be good. I'm always going back and forth between them when I set the video.
Like Options -> Recording Schedule?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Sage Icon

I've searched the UI and read the first post in this thread and it's probably still right in front of me so I apologize in advance but I can't find what I'm looking for -- is it possible in the Malore menus to turn off the M and F icons in the right pane?

Also, and I know, new features are hard to come by (or maybe this is possible in a .properties file), is it possible to turn off the (number) in front of each entry in the left pane?

Thanks again, I love these menus/options and can't believe I put off using it for so long!

P.S. not sure if it was intentional but the .16 release seems to have sped up performance considerably too! Thanks!
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 09-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
... is it possible in the Malore menus to turn off the M and F icons in the right pane?

Also, and I know, new features are hard to come by (or maybe this is possible in a .properties file), is it possible to turn off the (number) in front of each entry in the left pane?
No, those items are not configurable.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Sage Icon

Okay, thanks!
Old 09-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, obviously, I'm working on setting upyet more menus

I'm not sure if this a bug with the Malore menus or with the guide data. I'm in the Premieres, Finales, and Specials section. I'm trying to filter by HDTV but almost nothing shows up. Interestingly, if I turn off all filtering, the SD premieres show up fine.

So, for example, the following SD channels / shows show up for premieres:

#3/KRCW:
Nikita/Pilot
The Vampire Diaries/The Return
90210/Senior Year, Baby
etc

These should also show up on channel #503, the HD version, but there isn't even an entry for that channel. Again, this is with all filtering off.

When I look at the guide for channel #503, Nikita and The Vampire Diaries both have HD and First-Run markers...

Bug maybe?
Old 09-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Administrator

That menu always filters out duplicates, but it was doing it before other filters, so I've changed it to do the duplicate filter after the other filters have been applied. The fix will be in the next update.

- Andy
Old 09-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks

Quote:
I really liked the sagetv6 "top left hand corner sagetv menu button" that took you straight to the main menu - will it make a comeback in sagetv7.

OH AND a button in the program guide that takes you straight to the recording schedule would be good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
It's in the bottom-right corner in SageTV7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Like Options -> Recording Schedule?

- Andy
thanks Tiki

- I just assumed it was part of the background image
I might never of "discovered" that button.

Opus4 thanks

Options -> Recording Schedule would definately work. I was thinking something more obvious so that oblivous morons won't miss it

What was in my mind was when you are recording something a little red REC botton apears in the top right and you can just click on that and go straight to the schedule and that kinda makes things easy. It would be great if it was there permanatly. red for recording - "greyed out" possibly when nothings recording ? - Kinda 1 click button. I didn't notice there was already a menu option for it.

I guess smart programs + dumb customer = request for features that already exist

thanks for your help
Old 09-14-2010, 12:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What was in my mind was when you are recording something a little red REC botton apears in the top right and you can just click on that and go straight to the schedule and that kinda makes things easy. It would be great if it was there permanatly. red for recording - "greyed out" possibly when nothings recording ? - Kinda 1 click button. I didn't notice there was already a menu option for it.
I don't think very many SageTV customers use a mouse anyways....

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Sage User

The bar for the recording space is nice, but can it be set for all scheduled recordings instead of just in the next 48hrs?

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Sage Icon

You can select the number of hours, maximum is 200.

Setup / Detailed Setup / Unsupported Extras / Menu Header Disk Space Bar Options / Disk Space Bar options / Number of hours to lookahead...
Old 09-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Sage User

OK.

Also, possible glitch, if not, it's a suggestion.

Near the bottom of the Customize list in the Detailed Settings menu, there is a non-selectable line that says "Unsupported Extras".

After those settings, there are the plugin settings, but there is no title that suggests that that's what those are and you can't distinguish which is which.

Perhaps adding another line there that says "Settings for Installed Plugins" or something like that.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jceggbert5 View Post
Also, possible glitch, if not, it's a suggestion.

Near the bottom of the Customize list in the Detailed Settings menu, there is a non-selectable line that says "Unsupported Extras".

After those settings, there are the plugin settings, but there is no title that suggests that that's what those are and you can't distinguish which is which.

Perhaps adding another line there that says "Settings for Installed Plugins" or something like that.
This is not an issue for this topic. If a plugin adds additional configuration options in Detailed Setup, it is up to that plugin's author to add a header for its options.

- Andy
Old 09-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Administrator

The v7.0.17 release Candidate contains several more changes:
  • STV developers can send "ViewNumber" to a malore menu via AddStaticContext() before jumping to the menu in order to specify which view is to be shown. If not used, then the last-used view will be shown.
  • Fixed "Premieres, Finales, Specials" malore menu to perform its forced duplicate filter after other filters have been applied. Also disabled the "Remove Duplicate Airings" option for this menu since duplicates are always removed.
  • Stopped filtering empty items from the malore Program Guide menus, other than "No Data" entries.
  • Changed Detailed Setup -> Customize option for Custom Menus to 'Add links to malore's custom menus on the Main Menu'; controls whether any malore menu items are added to the Main Menu, not just the Custom Menus submenu.
  • Added malore menu option to group by past, present, and future airings. This grouping option is most useful when using the malore menus for Future & Past Airings, i.e.: when the "Custom Additional Airings" option is enabled.
  • Can use numbers 1-0 to jump to % position in list for TV Show Editorials menu.
  • The Disk Space Bar can be configured to look ahead up to 360 hours instead of 200. That covers the full 2 weeks of EPG data that can be used for scheduling.

- Andy
Old 10-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That menu always filters out duplicates, but it was doing it before other filters, so I've changed it to do the duplicate filter after the other filters have been applied. The fix will be in the next update.

- Andy
In regards to: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...0&postcount=65

I'm still having an issue with the HD versions not showing up in Premieres, Finals, and Specials.

Current example:

"Hardcover Mysteries" on channel #123, Series Premier on 10/11. This is the SD version of the "I.D." Discovery channel.

The same item does not show up on channel #623 (and again, no entries show up for #623 at all), the HD version of the channel though it shows up if I select the airing on #123 and go to Additional Airings.

Same exact thing for South Park on #190 and #690 -- it doesn't appear in the listing for the HD (#690) airing.

I'm currently using RC2.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Administrator

Are you sure those airings are tagged as HD? If not, they would get filtered out if you filter out non-HD airings.

- Andy
Old 10-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Sage Icon

I'm looking at Premieres and checked, there are no filters active. But interestingly, Remove Duplicate Airings: Yes is still showing And I can't remove it

This is on a SageTV PC client (W7 x64).
Old 10-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Sage Icon

One other thing I've noticed is that here on the west coast, I get the east coast feed of SyFy HD (#680)and the west coast feed of SyFy SD (#180). The season premiere Sanctuary is showing up on #680 (since it airs there first, I assume) and not showing up on #180 (where it airs three hours later).
Old 10-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm looking at Premieres and checked, there are no filters active. But interestingly, Remove Duplicate Airings: Yes is still showing And I can't remove it
Did you see this in the above change list:
Quote:
Fixed "Premieres, Finales, Specials" malore menu to perform its forced duplicate filter after other filters have been applied. Also disabled the "Remove Duplicate Airings" option for this menu since duplicates are always removed.
And, did you see my previous post about checking the HD tags on the airings in question?

- Andy
Old 10-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Sage Icon

At this point, I'm very confused as to how this is supposed to work.

I'm not filtering anything. I would prefer that duplicates DO show up if that's the only way I'm going to see premieres, finales, and specials on HD channels that are either air after their SD counterpart or don't show up because the HD channel is always "after" the SD channel in the line up.

So, here's another example of what I'm talking about:

#122 SD channel has the Bugging Out series premiere, marked as season premiere, first-run

Nothing shows up for its HD counterpart (#622) in the Malore menu. However, the guide and the show details / program information have it marked as: HDTV, season premiere, first run. (Zap2it also shows this information, use zip code 97116 and choose frontier fios portland digital)

So what am I doing wrong that I can't view premieres on HD channels? Should I be filtering on HD? Then I'd have to have another one filter on SD and bounce back and forth to see if its an SD-only premiere? I'm probably missing something obvious?
Old 10-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm not filtering anything.
Then that probably explains it -- if you want to make sure the HD airings are shown on that menu, then either filter to include only HD airings or create a new view on that menu & filter the new one to only list HD airings.

Or, just don't worry about it. If you set up a Favorite, SageTV will automatically prefer to record the HD airing instead of the SD one unless it can't due to conflicts.

- Andy