SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

First off, the "ability" to rename SageTV Recordings views is at the top of page 37 of the "Version 6.6" manual .... ("Document Revision 6.6-B" is shown a the bottom of the first page of the one I'm looking at).

The pictures do not show the more "vertical" style of the v7 SageTV Recordings list style. The v6.6 style looks like the Malore recordings.

My question about renaming the views...

I can get the "standard" v7 view custom names to show on the main menu under the TV->Recordings area, but how do I get the Malore custom views to show up there instead?

Secondly, great job on the new "user defined categories" feature!

My user defined categories/custom view suggestion...

I am using Malore style recordings. I have these "custom" views:

Main | Hers | His | Archived

and have applied "his" and "her" recordings views where only "her" shows populate in her view, and vice versa.

My suggestion is it would be great to have some sort of "radio" button to the right of the name of each view that "lights" up when new shows have been recorded in each custom view! (similar to the way recent new recordings show up as green text in the Malore recordings) This way my wife would know when a new "Real Housewives" has recorded, and I would know when I have a new "Top Gear".
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?

Last edited by reboot_this; 08-18-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by reboot_this View Post
I can get the "standard" v7 view custom names to show on the main menu under the TV->Recordings area, but how do I get the Malore custom views to show up there instead?
There are several malore style menus & each one can now have up to 8 views... I don't think I want to try having them all get listed individually. Once in a menu, you can quickly change views via the FF2/REW2 commands.

Quote:
My suggestion is it would be great to have some sort of "radio" button to the right of the name of each view that "lights" up when new shows have been recorded in each custom view! (similar to the way recent new recordings show up as green text in the Malore recordings) This way my wife would know when a new "Real Housewives" has recorded, and I would know when I have a new "Top Gear".
It would have to run through the entire series of filters & settings for every view, so this won't be feasible.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

A) In "Favorite Defaults Settings", I have "Start Time" set to "1 minute earlier". In "Default Manual Recording Settings", I have "Inherit Favorite Settings" checked. When I manually set a show to record in the Program Guide, the "Schedule to Record" start time is the same as the "Aired On" start time. The "Schedule to Record" start time should be 1 minute early, but it is not.

B) If I set the "Default Start Time" under "Default Manual Recordings Settings" to start 1 minute early, when I manually set a recording in the Program Guide, the "Schedule to Record" start time is 1 minute earlier than the "Aired On" start time. This works correctly.

When I use option B with back to back recordings on the same channel, I get a recording conflict. In the program guide when I manually tell SageTV to record the first show, the "Schedule to Record" start time is 1 minute earlier than the "Aired On" start time. When I manually tell SageTV to record the second show, SageTV tells me the second recording conflicts with the first recording. The recording should not conflict since I have "Stop Time" set to "On Time".

Instead of manually recording the back to back shows, I told SageTV to record the shows as a favorite. The result is the recording conflict does not occur and the first show starts 1 minute early.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Administrator

I just tried A & B and had no issues with having the Fav's padding inherited by the new MR, regardless of whether the default MR options included any default padding. If you have more info about how to reproduce what you saw, let me know.

Regarding back to back recordings: only Favorites have an option to remove padding on back to back airings on the same channel; this does not apply to Manual Recordings and is one reason why the default MR options dialog includes this comment: "Note: If default padding is enabled for Manual Recordings, or padding is inherited from Favorites, there may be a higher chance of scheduling conflicts when trying to create a new Manual Recording."

Oh -- and if you turn off the Fav padding inheritance, it will ask whether to inherit the Fav's padding. (This is a standard feature that is overridden by automatically inheriting the Fav padding.)

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Possible bug.

I created a view called Unwatched choosing the Unwatched filter and setting it. While in this view I completely watch a recording to the end and when finished I'm back in the view. But the recording is not marked Watched. If I go out of Recordings and back into the Unwatched view it is still not marked Watched. I have to set the Watched status myself and then the recording disappears from the view.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:35 AM
Administrator

The malore menus don't manage Watched status; the core does that. I'm not sure what would cause a recording to not be marked watched after completely watching it.

- Andy
Old 08-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Sage Icon

I'm thinking of changing over to the malore recordings screen. The one thing holding me back is that I can't figure out how to change the sort order of the left side. I want the left to be sorted the same way it is in the default recordings screen (i.e., have the top be the group with the most recent recording). I'm sure there must be a way to accomplish this. Could I get pointed in the right direction?
Old 08-22-2010, 12:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I just tried A & B and had no issues with having the Fav's padding inherited by the new MR, regardless of whether the default MR options included any default padding. If you have more info about how to reproduce what you saw, let me know.

Regarding back to back recordings: only Favorites have an option to remove padding on back to back airings on the same channel; this does not apply to Manual Recordings and is one reason why the default MR options dialog includes this comment: "Note: If default padding is enabled for Manual Recordings, or padding is inherited from Favorites, there may be a higher chance of scheduling conflicts when trying to create a new Manual Recording."

Oh -- and if you turn off the Fav padding inheritance, it will ask whether to inherit the Fav's padding. (This is a standard feature that is overridden by automatically inheriting the Fav padding.)

- Andy

I was thinking "Inherit Favorite Settings" applied to all manual recordings. I understand now. "Inherit Favorite Settings" is used when a recording is converted from a favorite to a manual recording.

I also understand now that if I have manual default recording "start time" set to "1 minute ealier" and record a show at 6:00pm-7:00pm, SageTV starts the recording at 5:59pm. The second recording 7:00pm-8:00pm causes a conflict because SageTV can not start the second recording at 6:59pm because of the first recording.

Last edited by 49studebaker; 08-22-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I'm thinking of changing over to the malore recordings screen. The one thing holding me back is that I can't figure out how to change the sort order of the left side. I want the left to be sorted the same way it is in the default recordings screen (i.e., have the top be the group with the most recent recording). I'm sure there must be a way to accomplish this. Could I get pointed in the right direction?
No, there isn't a way to sort the group list other than by the groupings themselves (or reversed sorting).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Administrator

The v7.0.16 beta contains a couple more changes since the last v7.0.15 STV update:
  • Fixed channel number sort for malore menu left pane.
  • Added channel filter for malore menus and removed the old movies-only channel filter.

The updated channel filter can be set separately per view while the old movies-only channel filter was a single filter that affected every Upcoming Movies view. The new filter can be used on any malore menu, not just Upcoming Movies, so it could be used on the custom Guide menus to see just your favorite channels or to hide only your most despised ones.

- Andy
Old 09-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The v7.0.16 beta contains a couple more changes since the last v7.0.15 STV update:
  • Fixed channel number sort for malore menu left pane.
  • Added channel filter for malore menus and removed the old movies-only channel filter.
Awesome on both accounts!
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 09-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

On the Malore recordings screen, is there a way to set the default view it starts with instead of remembering the last one you used?
Old 09-06-2010, 09:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamanmi View Post
On the Malore recordings screen, is there a way to set the default view it starts with instead of remembering the last one you used?
I don't believe so.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamanmi View Post
If you wish to make custom entry points, the next version of the STV will allow you to set 'ViewNumber' via AddStaticContext() before jumping to a malore menu in order to specify which view number you want to use. If it isn't sent, then the last-used view will be shown, as it is now.

- Andy
Old 09-07-2010, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Andy,

I'd like to make one small suggestion that is strictly cosmetic. I think the menus would look better if the view name were highlighted by the same color used in the main header (light blue) vs. the current darker blue. To me it would just tie things together a little more by reusing the same colors rather than using a different shade of the same color.

Then again, I may just be watching too many of my wife's HGTV shows

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If you wish to make custom entry points, the next version of the STV will allow you to set 'ViewNumber' via AddStaticContext() before jumping to a malore menu in order to specify which view number you want to use. If it isn't sent, then the last-used view will be shown, as it is now.

- Andy
Hmm... and how would one go about setting the "AddStaticContext()"? Could this be the hint I've been waiting for?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 09-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I'd like to make one small suggestion that is strictly cosmetic. I think the menus would look better if the view name were highlighted by the same color used in the main header (light blue) vs. the current darker blue. To me it would just tie things together a little more by reusing the same colors rather than using a different shade of the same color.
There is no menu header BG color -- that is the menu full screen BG that just happens to not be covered by anything, just like the sand color in the footer. You can change the BG color to anything you want via a new theme or the "User Images" folder in your current theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Hmm... and how would one go about setting the "AddStaticContext()"? Could this be the hint I've been waiting for?
This would need an STV customization which uses that API call.

- Andy
Old 09-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just found the extras feature

I've been using sage for years and never thought of searching for plugins or hidden codes.

I think that auto configuration of manual and favourite recording padding should be in the main menu. Mainly for people like me who've never thought of using plugins.

and this is nitpicking but If anyone important is actually reading this ... I really liked the sagetv6 "top left hand corner sagetv menu button" that took you straight to the main menu - will it make a comeback in sagetv7.

OH AND a button in the program guide that takes you straight to the recording schedule would be good. I'm always going back and forth between them when I set the video.

thanks and keep up the good work
Old 09-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by matterofrecord View Post
I really liked the sagetv6 "top left hand corner sagetv menu button" that took you straight to the main menu - will it make a comeback in sagetv7.
It's in the bottom-right corner in SageTV7.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 09-09-2010, 09:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matterofrecord View Post
... but If anyone important is actually reading this ...
Andy (Opus4) has written a lot of this code and maintains all of the code. If "important" means "somebody who can get it done", then Andy is important

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.