SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
I recently upgraded to 7 from 6.

I was running the webserver (and mobile) with Jetty and had the proper versions.

My Sage server is headless, so I access via RDP or VNC, or for most things use placeshifter or my extender (old MVP style).

After I upgraded I installed the plugin for the webserver. When I tried to go into the config for the webserver plugin it just kind of hung my client via RDP, thought maybe it was the color depth so I switched to VNC, same thing. I tried placeshifter (for the Mac), with that I saw the menu, but when I tried to click on config it just hung there also.

So I uninstalled the plugins, removed jetty via the uninstall instructions, and reinstalled the plugins. Same thing. So I uninstalled and reinstalled just the jetty plugin same thing.

When I try to exit the menu the menu just hangs over the screens behind and won't close. It's not in a "window" like other plugin screens.

So I'm not sure if this is more a placeshifter issue, or a plugin issue, but I figured I'd start here as the couple other plugins I've tried seem to be ok.

I have debug logs on, but nothing seems to be logged.

So where do we start?
Old 09-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Sage Icon

I'm assuming you're running Jetty plugin 2.0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrowe View Post
My Sage server is headless, so I access via RDP or VNC, or for most things use placeshifter or my extender (old MVP style).
Is it ok if you use the Placeshifter on another machine to configure Jetty?

Quote:
When I tried to go into the config for the webserver plugin it just kind of hung my client via RDP... I tried placeshifter (for the Mac), with that I saw the menu, but when I tried to click on config it just hung there also.
So the popup with options to "View Plugin Details", "View screenshot", "Configure Plugin", etc displays and you can move up and down through the options, but when you select "Configure Plugin" it hangs?

Quote:
When I try to exit the menu the menu just hangs over the screens behind and won't close. It's not in a "window" like other plugin screens.
Can you provide a little more detail and screenshot(s)? The Jetty plugin configuration uses the same UI as all other plugin config screens.

Quote:
I have debug logs on, but nothing seems to be logged.
Were you able to set Jetty's logging level to VERBOSE? If you can't do it through the plugin config UI, then shut down Sage, set jetty/jetty.log.level=VERBOSE in Sage.properties, the start Sage again. That might write something more to the log that will help us.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
I'm assuming you're running Jetty plugin 2.0?
Correct. Jetty Plugin 2.0.1.19

Quote:
Is it ok if you use the Placeshifter on another machine to configure Jetty?
I tried on my other machine (also a mac running the same version of placeshifter (6.2.2), OS (10.6.4), etc) with the same results. The only windows machine I have here is the sage server itself. However I can probably install on work and try placeshifter remotely.

Quote:
So the popup with options to "View Plugin Details", "View screenshot", "Configure Plugin", etc displays and you can move up and down through the options, but when you select "Configure Plugin" it hangs?
Correct.

Quote:
Can you provide a little more detail and screenshot(s)? The Jetty plugin configuration uses the same UI as all other plugin config screens.
See attached.
sage_1 is when you first click the plugin
sage_2 is when you click on another plugin
sage_3 is after you move up and down in the menu

Quote:
Were you able to set Jetty's logging level to VERBOSE? If you can't do it through the plugin config UI, then shut down Sage, set jetty/jetty.log.level=VERBOSE in Sage.properties, the start Sage again. That might write something more to the log that will help us.
I wasn't, but will try via the properties file now and post that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage_1.jpg (91.9 KB, 502 views)
File Type: jpg sage_2.jpg (115.3 KB, 492 views)
File Type: jpg sage_3.jpg (102.0 KB, 484 views)
Old 09-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

I enabled the verbozse and now have the following in the sagex-api:
Code:
2010-09-07 22:21:16,847 [PooledThread] WARN  sagex.UIContext - No Context was found!
2010-09-07 22:21:16,847 [PooledThread] WARN  sagex.UIContext - No Context was found!
Digging into it more that only shows up when I try to use the client.
attached is sage_4.jpg with what shows when I try to select the plugin with the client. This shows before even the basic menu shows up.

You can ignore the weird orange colors, thats "normal"

I also tried RDP, but get the same thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage_4.jpg (198.1 KB, 494 views)
Old 09-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Sage Icon

It looks like you're using the MBDiamond (IIRC) theme. Can you remove any custom themes and see if this is still a problem?
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It looks like you're using the MBDiamond (IIRC) theme. Can you remove any custom themes and see if this is still a problem?
I can... However I put the theme on when I started having the problem to see if it helped
Old 09-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I can... However I put the theme on when I started having the problem to see if it helped
Unfortunately the same problem... I even tried uninstalling ALL plugins and just reinstalling Jetty with the same issue...
Old 09-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well good news and bad news.

Good news is that it's now working. Bad news is that I ended up blowing away my sage install and properties to do it.

Basically I had to do that for other reasons last night, and tonight finally got around to finishing (no pressure the night before premiers really start)...

So thanks for the help, still no idea what was causing the issue, but its good now
Old 10-03-2010, 03:56 PM
SageTVaholic

You know, when you start going around and thanking the devs for their hard work, it's amazing how many times the same people pop up. I can't help wondering where you guys find the time. Thanks for the amount of effort you put into these!
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 10-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
You know, when you start going around and thanking the devs for their hard work, it's amazing how many times the same people pop up. I can't help wondering where you guys find the time. Thanks for the amount of effort you put into these!
Ditto!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have been using Jetty since V.6. Sometime since upgrading to V.7 I noticed that SageTVService CPU went from 0 to 25% or more when I am running Jetty. This is on a Atom processor. Is anyone else seeing this? I do have a few other plugins running (commercial detector, InfoPopup, Comskip Playback, IMDB, Playon). I enabled logging but couldn't find the log (except the request logs). The server works fine other than causing SageTVService to use 25% CPU. Is this normal?

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Sage User

I'm trying to configure the user/pass of the Jetty web server on a 7.0.20 install from a HD200. When I click on Password, it asks me to enter the current password value for Password, which is frey (lowercase) by default.

The remote doesn't have a keyboard, so I'm left with the number entry, which apparently provides no possible way to enter the lowercase password, since all the letters are uppercase.

Is there any way to change this password without going to the server?
Old 10-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaszoo View Post
I have been using Jetty since V.6. Sometime since upgrading to V.7 I noticed that SageTVService CPU went from 0 to 25% or more when I am running Jetty. This is on a Atom processor. Is anyone else seeing this? I do have a few other plugins running (commercial detector, InfoPopup, Comskip Playback, IMDB, Playon). I enabled logging but couldn't find the log (except the request logs). The server works fine other than causing SageTVService to use 25% CPU. Is this normal?

Thanks.
I don't know why Jetty itself would take up a lot of CPU. Other plugins running in Jetty might (e.g. jobs launched by Sage Job Queue if they're processor-intensive).

The logging is written to the standard SageTV log. You may have to enable debug logging in the Detailed Setup menu for the log to be created.
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewispm View Post
I'm trying to configure the user/pass of the Jetty web server on a 7.0.20 install from a HD200. When I click on Password, it asks me to enter the current password value for Password, which is frey (lowercase) by default.

The remote doesn't have a keyboard, so I'm left with the number entry, which apparently provides no possible way to enter the lowercase password, since all the letters are uppercase.

Is there any way to change this password without going to the server?
I don't recall off hand but I think one of the keys on a remote's numpad will switch from upper to lower case text entry. You might check the Sage manual to see if it's in there.
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I don't know why Jetty itself would take up a lot of CPU. Other plugins running in Jetty might (e.g. jobs launched by Sage Job Queue if they're processor-intensive).

The logging is written to the standard SageTV log. You may have to enable debug logging in the Detailed Setup menu for the log to be created.
Thanks for the help. I was looking for logging specific to Jetty itself. I enabled logging and found that SageJobQue, which I had been running until recently, was still trying to run. I cleaned out all of the SJQ files I could find and that did the trick.

Thanks again for the help; I really appreciated what you and the other plugin developers have done.

Wayne
Old 10-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am gettting the "error in menu_items.js- check syntax " error when i login to my webserver. in addition, even though the major parts of the web interface are intact, the formatting is completely off, no background colors, disjointed columns....
any thoughts? it works well from my iphone....
Attached Images
File Type: png sage webserver error.PNG (103.8 KB, 449 views)
Extenders: HD300 x2
Tuners: HD Homerun Prime, HD Homerun, HD-PVR, Comcast Cable Box DCH-6200
Old 10-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Sage Expert

Jetty Failed

Hadn't used web interface in a bit and went to use it and there was no connection.

I go into plugin config and Jetty plugin is listed as failed. uninstalled all web plugins and reinstalled and still no dice. Jetty comes up as failed.

Only changes I'm aware of making are Sage beta updates. Now running latest 7 beta 21. Problem may have started when I upgraded from 17 or 18 to 20.

How do I troubleshoot this?

thanks
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)

Last edited by Deacon Crusher; 10-20-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: add details
Old 10-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Sage Expert

uninstalled all web app plugins, uninstalled all parts of sage alert.

made sure all other plugins were up to date.

restarted sage.

installed just jetty.

finally jetty working again.

Thanks
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 10-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

reinstalled jetty and sage webserver and mobile web interface and getting this error . any thoughts?
Code:
HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /apps/. Reason:

org/apache/jasper/runtime/JspSourceDependent

Caused by:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/jasper/runtime/JspSourceDependent
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.findClass(JasperLoader.java:204)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:190)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:122)
    at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.load(JspCompilationContext.java:639)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:192)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:372)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:486)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:380)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:334)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:126)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServlet.java:493)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:131)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1148)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:387)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
    at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspSourceDependent
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppClassLoader.loadClass(WebAppClassLoader.java:401)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppClassLoader.loadClass(WebAppClassLoader.java:363)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:184)
    ... 52 more

Caused by:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspSourceDependent
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppClassLoader.loadClass(WebAppClassLoader.java:401)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppClassLoader.loadClass(WebAppClassLoader.java:363)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:184)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.findClass(JasperLoader.java:204)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:190)
    at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.load(JspCompilationContext.java:639)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:192)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:372)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:486)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:380)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:334)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:126)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServlet.java:493)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:131)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1148)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:387)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
    at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
Extenders: HD300 x2
Tuners: HD Homerun Prime, HD Homerun, HD-PVR, Comcast Cable Box DCH-6200
Old 10-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericft View Post
reinstalled jetty and sage webserver and mobile web interface and getting this error . any thoughts?
Probably a missing .jar file or a conflicting .jar file if you previously had an older jetty and sage webserver running on SageTV 6. Enable SageTV debug logging on your SageTV server, restart SageTV, and post a sagetv_0.txt debug log file that includes the SageTV startup and I'll run it through my debug log analyzer to see if I can find the missing or conflicting .jar file.

If I had to guess without seeing the log file, I'd say you probably don't have exactly three files that fit the jsp-*.jar file mask in the SageTV jars directory. If you have fewer than 3, then you have missing .jar files. If you have more than 3, then you have conflicting .jar files. If you do have 3, you may have some other left over .jar files from an older jetty installation from SageTV v6.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters