SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Sage Icon

Is there a reason that this plugin is now a desktop only plugin? The previous version is working fine on my extender and the plugin manager now shows it as installed, update available, and not compatible with the reason being Desktop Only.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Is there a reason that this plugin is now a desktop only plugin? The previous version is working fine on my extender and the plugin manager now shows it as installed, update available, and not compatible with the reason being Desktop Only.
Same here.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Lightbulb

Quote:
Toricred,

I went to my server and it upgraded there, then my extender was upgraded.

-Polen
Old 06-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Sage Icon

Unfortunately I can't do that as my server is a headless whs server and won't run the client unless I reduce the java heap significantly. I believe the problem is that the manifest was accidentally set up wrong. I'm hoping the author will fix it.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Does anyone still use the Run Comskip settings? JREKiwi, would it be possible to actually split these functions out to a separate plugin, as it seems to cause a lot of confusion to new users (or really, possibly just remove them in general, if no one really uses them)

Just a thought...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrent View Post
I installed the upgrade from the first port of this but there is still no timeline appearing when it skips.
I noticed that too and fixed in 2.0.1
Quote:
Is there a reason that this plugin is now a desktop only plugin?
Only due to misreading the Plugin Developers guide. Fixed in 2.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Does anyone still use the Run Comskip settings?
I use them all the time, but I've change the default to it being disabled in 2.0.1

John
Old 06-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

New version works great! Thanks.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:13 AM
Sage Icon

Version 2.0.1 fixed the desktop only issue. I figured the problem was in the manifest. Is that the same issue with the Favorite Excluder?
Old 06-02-2010, 07:35 AM
Sage Icon

CS Marker Size in OSD Timeline - Too Big (See Attached)

Good morning,

Comskip plugin is working great for me.

Just noticed that the CS markers in the OSD timeline seem to be a bit bigger than the hight of the timeline itself. See attached.

Is it supposed to be that way?

Thanks for all the hard work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CSMarkers.jpg (19.8 KB, 386 views)
Old 06-02-2010, 08:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Good morning,

Just noticed that the CS markers in the OSD timeline seem to be a bit bigger than the hight of the timeline itself. See attached.

I was just about to post a question about this (I suspect a lot of SageMC users who are unused to the way the Default Comskip plugin works will be asking this) - so I'd like to see:

1) an option to make the commercial marker in the timeline the same size as the rest of the timeline
2) an option to set the color of the commercial marker in the timeline

btl.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've used CS for some time through MC. I've been noticing that the skips usually take place a few seconds after the commercial break starts and resumes just a few seconds into the show which means that I have to skip back to catch the first spoken line of dialogue. I discovered that I was set to PAL which I changed to NTSC but I didn't notice a change.

Is there something else I should try? I already have time scaling set to off.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question

I still have no timeline on skip. It aslo still says comskip playback options v1.5.4 in detailed setup. could there be something left over from thye previous version that is messing thus up? Uninstall and reinstall does nothing to fix this. Is this showing on skip for anyone else?
Old 06-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Work great! Timeline on skip is back! Thanks
Old 06-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Sage Icon

YUP BACK for me TOO!!

thanks everyone!

~Pix64
Old 06-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Comskip help.

I had comskip working perfectly, however after upgrading to version 7 my comskip is off. What happens is the skip is fine for the first time and then as the show continues it skips early and then starts playing early. By the end of a one hour show I have to watch 30 seconds or so of commercial.. the annoying part is the skip starting early. Many times I have to disable comskip and then take over manually.

I saw the earlier post about the sage.properties setting. I tried this and it made no difference. My recordings are done with an
HDHome Run only.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Good morning,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I was just about to post a question about this (I suspect a lot of SageMC users who are unused to the way the Default Comskip plugin works will be asking this) - so I'd like to see:

1) an option to make the commercial marker in the timeline the same size as the rest of the timeline

btl.
Thanks for the hard work. I see the same as the 2 people quoted above. Are there some settings?
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
so I'd like to see:

1. I've got some playback issues on my PC, so I'd not noticed they were a different size. I'll fix that.
2. I'll have a look at that. On SageMC was the marker color themed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrent View Post
I still have no timeline on skip. It aslo still says comskip playback options v1.5.4 in detailed setup. could there be something left over from thye previous version that is messing thus up? Uninstall and reinstall does nothing to fix this. Is this showing on skip for anyone else?
Are you using the plugin manager and are running on an unmodified SageTV7.xml?

Quote:
Version 2.0.1 fixed the desktop only issue. I figured the problem was in the manifest. Is that the same issue with the Favorite Excluder?
I think I got it right on Favorite Excluder. The background process doesn't work when it's not running on a desktop UI. You can set up excludes via an extender, but there needs to be a desktop UI running for the processing to work. I know flachbar looked into why that was the case, but it didn't get resolved.

John
Old 06-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Sage Icon

I had a weird thing happen. I didn't try to reproduce it or have enough time to see what happened.

I watched 2 shows and the 1st show worked great (but I thought maybe it autoskipped but maybe not). The commercial skips were green in color.

The second show seem to autoskip from the 1st commercial. I went into options and autoskip was disabled, then changed to enabled (in front of my eyes). Could this be a delay or did it actually change. Then all the commercial sips were blue in color.

Went to a 3rd show just to see if the commercial color and it was back to green. Can someone tell me what I was seeing? Going to bed....maybe I'm just seeing things.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 02:07 AM
Sage Icon

2.0.2 available

Fixed height of Commercial markers
Themed color and alpha of Commercial markers

Available theme values are in Comskip_Playback_Theme.properties

John
Old 06-03-2010, 02:17 AM
Sage Fanatic

New version is not showing commercial markers on the timeline bar for me.