SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Hit Options when watching the show you can disable autoskip for that show... you can still use the left and right to skip if you want.
I had seen that option before and it seemed to reflect the 99 sec disable I set in the comskip config. It would then re-enable automatically after the time expired. In playing with it last night it does seem to work for the entire show if I select disable manually before I start skipping back.

I think I know how it works now but I would be nice if I could just select it at any time. My first reaction when it skips incorrectly would be skip back and then to disable but at that point it is already disabled and I need to wait 99 seconds for the enable to come back on before I can effectively cancel autoskip. I guess I will just have to learn not to skip back first.

Thanks for the help.

Retired SageTV in favor of Plex\Emby and YouTubeTV.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:04 PM
Sage Icon

Delete Comskip Files

Whilst playing with this plugin I noticed that having an EDL file for each segment of a mediafile works perfectly as you would expect, but when using the "Delete Comskip Files" menu options only the EDL file relative to the first mediafile segment gets actually deleted, so I was wondering whether having a single EDL for all the segments of a mediafile is instead the expected way?

Cheers
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 08-30-2016, 04:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
Whilst playing with this plugin I noticed that having an EDL file for each segment of a mediafile works perfectly as you would expect, but when using the "Delete Comskip Files" menu options only the EDL file relative to the first mediafile segment gets actually deleted, so I was wondering whether having a single EDL for all the segments of a mediafile is instead the expected way?

Cheers
Eddy
No the expected behavior, and in fact, the only way it works, is to have a separate .EDL file for each segment of a recording. If the delete comskip files button doesn't work with multi-segment files, then it's an issue with that button (due mostly because there really shouldn't BE multi-segment files if everything is working right, so it isn't something whoever made the plugin expected).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-30-2016, 04:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
No the expected behavior, and in fact, the only way it works, is to have a separate .EDL file for each segment of a recording. If the delete comskip files button doesn't work with multi-segment files, then it's an issue with that button (due mostly because there really shouldn't BE multi-segment files if everything is working right, so it isn't something whoever made the plugin expected).
I'm not a programmer, but I don't think it would be hard to make the plugin delete all edls by simply using a wild card since Sagetv uses predictable naming for recordings. I also agree that there shouldn't be multiple edls unless you are interrupting the recording somehow.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korny View Post
I'm not a programmer, but I don't think it would be hard to make the plugin delete all edls by simply using a wild card since Sagetv uses predictable naming for recordings. I also agree that there shouldn't be multiple edls unless you are interrupting the recording somehow.
no, it wouldn't be hard at all - it just wasn't something on the developer's radar. I also, however, can't predict if/when that will happen.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
no, it wouldn't be hard at all - it just wasn't something on the developer's radar. I also, however, can't predict if/when that will happen.
I'll put it on the "things to fix" list.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If the delete comskip files button doesn't work with multi-segment files, then it's an issue with that button (due mostly because there really shouldn't BE multi-segment files if everything is working right, so it isn't something whoever made the plugin expected).
This is indeed true in case of manual or scheduled recording where multi-segments media file are symptomatic of some sort of interruption maybe caused by a tuner failure, but for live watching this is the expected behaviour every time you play/stop on a channel, also if a show is split in two or more parts on the EPG for the same channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I'll put it on the "things to fix" list.
Thanks Tom.

Cheers
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 09-06-2016, 12:52 AM
Sage Icon

I've made the change for multi-segment files in version 2.1.3

John
Old 09-06-2016, 03:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
I've made the change for multi-segment files in version 2.1.3

John
Thank you John

Eddy

Old 09-24-2016, 12:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy New version left me hanging

I just upgraded from version 2.0.10 to the latest build. Noticed the message in the UI, went to plugins, updated it that way.

Now, whenever I'm watching a show on my HD200, as soon as it hits a commercial break and tries to jump over it (or if I use an error button to trigger the same thing), I get the spinning circle that just goes and goes. The show keeps playing as normal, but all controls become totally non-responsive at that point. This does not seem to be an issue if I play directly on the Sage server - only on the extender.

Any ideas? Is there an easy way I can revert back to the older version?
Old 02-26-2017, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

JREKiwi, I think I have located an annoying issue. Since switching to the Android miniclient, I've had a bunch of times where in doing a manual skip, the recording ends up back at the beginning. Deleting the comskip files stops this from happening.

I think what is happening, is for an instant while skipping, the current time return a zero (probably a problem in the ciniclient). When the time is zero, and if the show starts with a commercial break, comskip playback ends up skipping to the end of the opening break.

I think an easy fix would be to simply ignore timestamp returns of zero. This simply means opening breaks would not skip until the timeline is at a nonzero time, which I don't see as a problem.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:11 AM
Sage Icon

I've had a look and even if the current time was returning 0 it would still skip to the next commercial block.

It could still be a timeline issue though, as all the manual seek is doing is getting the player to seek to a specific timestamp.

You could try turning on debug logging in the Comskip Options / More Options
The will log where it thinks it is, where it's skipping to and where it thinks it is after the skip

John
Old 02-28-2017, 03:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I'll definitely play around with the logging a bit. And this isn't necessarily an issue with the 'normal' autoskips, they seem fine. But if the user skips back to rehear something, for instance, there's a chance that it ends up back at the beginning of the file. For the recording that this was happening on, turning off autoskip did stop it from misbehaving.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Sage User

Obviously I haven't been keeping up on current affairs but I just noticed that many of my shows have not had their commercials detected. After doing a bit of investigating it appears this is happening to shows that Comcast is now transmitting in H264. Do I understand it correctly that if I sign up for the donator's version of Comskip I can go back to skipping those dastardly commercials?

SageTV7, Windows 7, Comcast, HDHR Prime(SageDCT), HD300
Old 03-08-2017, 02:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimz06 View Post
Obviously I haven't been keeping up on current affairs but I just noticed that many of my shows have not had their commercials detected. After doing a bit of investigating it appears this is happening to shows that Comcast is now transmitting in H264. Do I understand it correctly that if I sign up for the donator's version of Comskip I can go back to skipping those dastardly commercials?
While this should be in the CommercialDetector thread (since the Playback plugin that this thread is for doesn't do the actual analysis), yes, the donor's version of comskip can analyze h.264 shows (as can the Linux version that is bundled with the SageTV docker container, I believe).

Old 07-18-2018, 06:06 PM
Sage User

[SOLVED] Install failed on 9.1.9

Thought this might help someone. I found a thread about this under the githib development section, but maybe it's also helpful here.

TL;DR: If you are having trouble installing plugins on Windows 10 on a clean install of 9.1.9, go into java and allow it to update (from the installed version 7 to version 8).

---

I was doing a fresh install of 9.1.9 server on a new Windows 10 system, and when I tried to install Comskip Playback, I got an error:

Plugin Install Progress: Done - FAILED -
Resource Download
http://bintray.com/jrekiwi/SageTV/do...back_2.1.3.zip

The URL worked on both my desktop machine and the win10 box I installed Sage on, so it wasn't an issue of a missing file. Then I pulled the log file and it said:

Internally processing HTTP redirect...
ERROR with file download of:java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
Resource download failed from http://bintray.com/jrekiwi/SageTV/do...back_2.1.3.zip

The solution noted here:

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63911

was to shut down sage, update java to version 8, and plugins install properly.
Old 11-26-2021, 10:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Need some help here folks.

First off. Is this still a viable commskip utility?
Or has something replaced it.

Before I get around to replacing my SageTV backend, I updated a PC in the kitchen. Now, attempting to get this client plugin working it fails...

The url, from the post above..

http://bintray.com/jrekiwi/SageTV/do...back_2.1.3.zip

Alas bintray.com is gone. So the link fails. redirects to 'Jfrog'.
FWIW: I did try the update Java thing talked about in this thread.
Old 11-26-2021, 02:00 PM
SageTVaholic

I checked and the comskip plugin version 2.1.3.3 should load from Github and not bintray.

Can you check what version is listed in your plugin list that is failing?

What version of SageTV and Java are you running on that client ?

K