SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Sage Icon

How were you able to tell the fork was still running?
Old 07-27-2009, 05:20 AM
Sage User

Yeah, I had all of that straightened out...I think the problem may be a conflict with Serenity because my selection boxes don't look like yours. I'm going to retry tonight when I get home.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
changing the group window width shouldn't matter... when "Banner Time Display" is set to "Right" it will put the time to the right of the banner. With banner stretching enabled you wont see the date b/c there is no room on the right for it (the banner is stretched to 100% of the panel width). Disable banner stretching to have the title on the right (TVE Options -> Browser -> Stretch Banner -> Disabled)

In the attached screenshot i also have Banner Watched Count set to "beside"

MeinMaui - SageMC ** stuckless - Phoenix & BMT ** PLUCKYHD - Sage Movie Wall ** razrsharpe - TVExplorer ** Slugger - SJQ, SRE and SageAlert ** bialio - Advanced Mini Guide
Old 07-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
How were you able to tell the fork was still running?
before i fixed the RefreshArea("string") call and after the video stopped it was still changing the background of TVE every second or so. And then i even loaded a different stv (without osd play in it) and it was still changing the background every second or so. If i shutdown/restarted the client it was back to normal until video playback was resumed.

Alternately you can add some DebugLog("Fork Started"), DebugLog("Time Updating", DebugLog("Fork Ended") lines to write to the log. If you have the live log (babgvants registry tool can turn this on) enabled then youll be able to see exactly whats going on
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdodge View Post
I think the problem may be a conflict with Serenity because my selection boxes don't look like yours.
I personally don't run serenity but TVE should respect the SageMC theme you are running (for highlight colors, icons, selection box styles, etc). I tested it with all the themes that sagemc ships with OOTB and they all worked...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Razrsharpe -
TVE looks really neat. I am just starting to get into Sage and it is awesome to find such a great home grown community of developers making Sage have a great look and feel.

I installed TVE according to the instructions, I can launch TVE but the TVE screen I get seems to have a text problem or some other problem. Here is what mine looks like:

Is there something I should do to fix the layout on my end?
Old 07-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Sage Icon

@broconne:
What version of SageTV are you running?
What version of SageMC are you running?
(you can see these on the My Menu -> Settings page)

It looks like that is one of the issues in the SageMC 6.3.9 install.

Did you upgrade to the latest pre release SageMC xml from here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...16&postcount=9

Make sure you are running SageMC 6.3.9_a46 or later.

if you are running SageMC 6.3.9_a46 or later check this: TVE Options -> Browser -> Group Panel Rows. What is that set to? (it defaults to 7). You can also load the defaults at TVE Options -> Main -> Load Defaults.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
@broconne:
What version of SageTV are you running?
What version of SageMC are you running?
(you can see these on the My Menu -> Settings page)

It looks like that is one of the issues in the SageMC 6.3.9 install.

Did you upgrade to the latest pre release SageMC xml from here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...16&postcount=9

Make sure you are running SageMC 6.3.9_a46 or later.

if you are running SageMC 6.3.9_a46 or later check this: TVE Options -> Browser -> Group Panel Rows. What is that set to? (it defaults to 7). You can also load the defaults at TVE Options -> Main -> Load Defaults.
Sage Version: 6.5.9.204
Sage MC Version: 6.3.9a pre-release 46

I have it set to 7, I did a Load Defaults and no change.

I upgraded to Sage Beta 6.5.20 and looks much much better.

Last edited by broconne; 07-28-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broconne View Post
Sage Version: 6.5.9.204
Sage MC Version: 6.3.9a pre-release 46

I have it set to 7, I did a Load Defaults and no change.

Anything else I shoudl check?
mmm weird... i have only tested the released version of TVE with SageTV 6.5.20rc (which is basically 6.6.0) (and i think i began development when i was on like 6.5.13 or something). I would recommend you upgrade SageTV to the latest release version (6.6.2)

EDIT: support for the custom metadata fields that BMT fills (and TVE reads) require SageTV 6.5.15 or later... so i would definitely upgrade to the 6.6.2 release
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 07-28-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
mmm weird... i have only tested the released version of TVE with SageTV 6.5.20rc (which is basically 6.6.0) (and i think i began development when i was on like 6.5.13 or something). I would recommend you upgrade SageTV to the latest release version (6.6.2)

EDIT: support for the custom metadata fields that BMT fills (and TVE reads) require SageTV 6.5.15 or later... so i would definitely upgrade to the 6.6.2 release
Razrsharpe -
Thanks for the help. Looking much better. I have another newbie question - which may just apply to sage in general rather than TVE. All of my TV at this point is imported from the Videos section. However, in TVE (and sage TV) the episodes are not grouped like I see in your first screenshot. Instead each episode of the same show seems to be its own group. Is there a way to fix that?

I can post a picture if that will help.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
All of my TV at this point is imported from the Videos section. However, in TVE (and sage TV) the episodes are not grouped like I see in your first screenshot. Instead each episode of the same show seems to be its own group. Is there a way to fix that?
Does your non sage recorded TV have metadata collected by BMT (or mediascraper) and is it imported into the SageTV db? (i believe the answer to this is YES because you allude to it showing up in the MY TV section of SageMC, and conversely it does not show up in the My Videos section)?

If that is the case then it is a bug that i discovered last nite. Imported TV that has its metadata collected by BMT and is also imported into the SageTV recorded db does not get grouped correctly because BMT writes the "Title" to something episode specific. This will be fixed in the next release. (imported tv that is NOT imported into the sage recording db does not have this problem and is grouped correctly)

If your imported TV is not imported into the sage recording db (ie doesnt show up in My TV) then something else is going on. Does Metadata exist? how was it collected? does a .properties file exist alongside the video? Can you post it?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Does your non sage recorded TV have metadata collected by BMT (or mediascraper) and is it imported into the SageTV db? (i believe the answer to this is YES because you allude to it showing up in the MY TV section of SageMC, and conversely it does not show up in the My Videos section)?
That is how it looks. Things are in either My TV or My Videos. Although, for some reason 3 episodes of the IT crowd show up in My Videos rather than My TV, even though the .properties file says TV. I am using BMT and did a fulls can when I installed BMT.

Quote:
If that is the case then it is a bug that i discovered last nite. Imported TV that has its metadata collected by BMT and is also imported into the SageTV recorded db does not get grouped correctly because BMT writes the "Title" to something episode specific. This will be fixed in the next release. (imported tv that is NOT imported into the sage recording db does not have this problem and is grouped correctly)
Ok - That seems to describe what I am seeing.

Quote:
If your imported TV is not imported into the sage recording db (ie doesnt show up in My TV) then something else is going on. Does Metadata exist? how was it collected? does a .properties file exist alongside the video? Can you post it?
I am using BMT. There are properties files. I can post two from the same series if that helps you:

1)
Code:
#Sage Video Metadata for file:/E:/Weeds/weeds%20s3e1.mp4
#Tue Jul 28 08:21:02 EDT 2009
Actor=Mary-Louise Parker -- Nancy Botwin;\nElizabeth Perkins -- Celia Hodes;\nKevin Nealon -- Doug Wilson;\nRomany Malco -- Conrad Shepard;\nTonye Patano -- Heylia James;\nAlexander Gould -- Shane Botwin;\nHunter Parrish -- Silas Botwin;\nJustin Kirk -- Andy Botwin;\nZooey Deschanel -- Guest;\nPage Kennedy -- Guest;
Description=After being threatened by U-Turn and The Armenians, Nancy goes in search of Silas and her hijacked pot. Meanwhile, Celia has Silas arrested for stealing her "Drug Free Zone" signs. Nancy visits him in jail only to discover that the pot is still in his car - the one that Celia has just driven away in.\nUser Rating\: 8\n
Director=Craig Zisk;
EpisodeNumber=1
EpisodeTitle=Doing the Backstroke
Genre=Comedy
MediaProviderDataID=tvdb\:74845
MediaTitle=Weeds
MediaType=TV
OriginalAirDate=2007-08-13
Rated=TV-MA
RunningTime=1800000
SeasonNumber=3
Title=Weeds - S03E01 - Doing the Backstroke
UserRating=8
Writer=Jenji Kohan;
Year=2007
x-Fanart-BackgroundUrl=http\://www.thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/74845-7.jpg
x-Fanart-BannerUrl=http\://www.thetvdb.com/banners/graphical/74845-g9.jpg
x-Fanart-PosterUrl=http\://www.thetvdb.com/banners/posters/74845-3.jpg
x-MetadataProviderDataUrl=74845;;;;SEASON\=3&EPISODE\=1
x-MetadataProviderId=tvdb
x-ser-Cast=0|Mary-Louise Parker|Nancy Botwin|null;0|Elizabeth Perkins|Celia Hodes|null;0|Kevin Nealon|Doug Wilson|null;0|Romany Malco|Conrad Shepard|null;0|Tonye Patano|Heylia James|null;0|Alexander Gould|Shane Botwin|null;0|Hunter Parrish|Silas Botwin|null;0|Justin Kirk|Andy Botwin|null;0|Zooey Deschanel|Guest|null;0|Page Kennedy|Guest|null;1|Jenji Kohan|Writer|null;2|Craig Zisk|Director|null
x-ser-Description=After being threatened by U-Turn and The Armenians, Nancy goes in search of Silas and her hijacked pot. Meanwhile, Celia has Silas arrested for stealing her "Drug Free Zone" signs. Nancy visits him in jail only to discover that the pot is still in his car - the one that Celia has just driven away in.
x-ser-Genres=Comedy;Drama
2)
Code:
#Sage Video Metadata for file:/E:/Weeds/weeds%20s3e2.mp4
#Tue Jul 28 08:21:20 EDT 2009
Actor=Mary-Louise Parker -- Nancy Botwin;\nElizabeth Perkins -- Celia Hodes;\nKevin Nealon -- Doug Wilson;\nRomany Malco -- Conrad Shepard;\nTonye Patano -- Heylia James;\nAlexander Gould -- Shane Botwin;\nHunter Parrish -- Silas Botwin;\nJustin Kirk -- Andy Botwin;\nJulanne Chidi Hill -- Guest;
Description=Sanjay has a new experience. Nancy gets bruised. Conrad won't do what U-Turn wants him to. Lupita still won't follow orders. Heylia's out to handle a few things. The Amber Alert is still out on Shane. Andy gets in trouble with a couple who make him for a child molester. Silas gets to talk to Shane. Celia is still having problems with her husband and daughter. Doug begs Celia to forgive him.\nUser Rating\: 8\n
Director=Craig Zisk;
EpisodeNumber=2
EpisodeTitle=A Pool and His Money
Genre=Comedy
MediaProviderDataID=tvdb\:74845
MediaTitle=Weeds
MediaType=TV
OriginalAirDate=2007-08-20
Rated=TV-MA
RunningTime=1800000
SeasonNumber=3
Title=Weeds - S03E02 - A Pool and His Money
UserRating=8
Writer=Jenji Kohan;
Year=2007
x-Fanart-BackgroundUrl=http\://www.thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/74845-7.jpg
x-Fanart-BannerUrl=http\://www.thetvdb.com/banners/graphical/74845-g9.jpg
x-Fanart-PosterUrl=http\://www.thetvdb.com/banners/posters/74845-3.jpg
x-MetadataProviderDataUrl=74845;;;;SEASON\=3&EPISODE\=2
x-MetadataProviderId=tvdb
x-ser-Cast=0|Mary-Louise Parker|Nancy Botwin|null;0|Elizabeth Perkins|Celia Hodes|null;0|Kevin Nealon|Doug Wilson|null;0|Romany Malco|Conrad Shepard|null;0|Tonye Patano|Heylia James|null;0|Alexander Gould|Shane Botwin|null;0|Hunter Parrish|Silas Botwin|null;0|Justin Kirk|Andy Botwin|null;0|Julanne Chidi Hill|Guest|null;1|Jenji Kohan|Writer|null;2|Craig Zisk|Director|null
x-ser-Description=Sanjay has a new experience. Nancy gets bruised. Conrad won't do what U-Turn wants him to. Lupita still won't follow orders. Heylia's out to handle a few things. The Amber Alert is still out on Shane. Andy gets in trouble with a couple who make him for a child molester. Silas gets to talk to Shane. Celia is still having problems with her husband and daughter. Doug begs Celia to forgive him.
x-ser-Genres=Comedy;Drama
Old 07-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That is how it looks. Things are in either My TV or My Videos.
but not both correct?
Quote:
Although, for some reason 3 episodes of the IT crowd show up in My Videos rather than My TV, even though the .properties file says TV.
the .properties file is independent of where sage puts them. There is an experimental BMT option somewhere to enable putting imported tv into the sage recording db. this is not required nor encouraged when using TVE.

The properties files just confirm that the MediaTitle is correct... which it is... but sagemc by default groups by title... (thats what im fixing in the next update to TVE)

If you want to test out a beta (with this update in it) send me a pm with your email and ill send you the file (after i have it coded). I do not have any imported tv that is also imported into the sage db so its kind of hard for me to test
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
but not both correct?
Correct.

Quote:
the .properties file is independent of where sage puts them. There is an experimental BMT option somewhere to enable putting imported tv into the sage recording db. this is not required nor encouraged when using TVE.
I don't think I enabled that option.. I didn't try anything experimental.

Quote:
The properties files just confirm that the MediaTitle is correct... which it is... but sagemc by default groups by title... (thats what im fixing in the next update to TVE)

If you want to test out a beta (with this update in it) send me a pm with your email and ill send you the file (after i have it coded). I do not have any imported tv that is also imported into the sage db so its kind of hard for me to test
YGM
Old 07-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

I find this a bit confusing..

I found this thread here

Which seems to describe the same problem I was having.. I then went into BMT web interface changed the settings so that for title it would only write the title rather that title - episode - etc...

Did a full rescan of the library. Then I told sage to do a full reindex. It took a while and ran - however the episodes are still listed as show - episode - etc.. which messes up the grouping..

However, before I did that I also fixed the names of the three episodes of IT crowd that were showing up as movies. And those episodes are now titled correctly and grouped correctly.

So, that change worked for new items, but even with a full rescan didn't fix the old ones - even though the properties file now shows the correct title entry..
Old 07-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I find this a bit confusing..

I found this thread here

Which seems to describe the same problem I was having.. I then went into BMT web interface changed the settings so that for title it would only write the title rather that title - episode - etc...
yup thats the same issue. is the import into tv db option also checked (it should be since youre imported shows are showing up in the default sagemc tv library)? (not sure what its called or where it is in bmt but that is the option i was talking about earlier). changing the title mask to just title will work for media sage thinks is new. The update i was talkign about will still group correctly even if the title is mask is set incorrectly.

Quote:
Did a full rescan of the library. Then I told sage to do a full reindex. It took a while and ran - however the episodes are still listed as show - episode - etc.. which messes up the grouping..

However, before I did that I also fixed the names of the three episodes of IT crowd that were showing up as movies. And those episodes are now titled correctly and grouped correctly.

So, that change worked for new items, but even with a full rescan didn't fix the old ones - even though the properties file now shows the correct title entry..
in order for BMT to recreate the .properties files and sage to read the new .properties you need to delete the existing .properties files, then rescan, then reimport (no need to do the full content rescan).

Regardless of the title setting though, when TVE gets updated it wont matter what the TitleMask is set to. TVE will still group it correctly. However, the SageMC tv library will continue to group them incorrectly until the title is masked correctly.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
yup thats the same issue. is the import into tv db option also checked (it should be since youre imported shows are showing up in the default sagemc tv library)? (not sure what its called or where it is in bmt but that is the option i was talking about earlier).
Nope, it isn't checked oddly enough...

Quote:
changing the title mask to just title will work for media sage thinks is new. The update i was talkign about will still group correctly even if the title is mask is set incorrectly.
Great!

Quote:
in order for BMT to recreate the .properties files and sage to read the new .properties you need to delete the existing .properties files, then rescan, then reimport (no need to do the full content rescan).
Sorry to be so BMT dense here.. But when you say "rescan" and "reimport" I don't fully understand what you mean.
For rescan do you mean:
My Menu -> Settings -> SageTV Setup -> Advanced -> Rescan Existing Library?

And by Reimport do you mean running BMT again?

Quote:
Regardless of the title setting though, when TVE gets updated it wont matter what the TitleMask is set to. TVE will still group it correctly. However, the SageMC tv library will continue to group them incorrectly until the title is masked correctly.
Cool - but I would like to fix it for both so I can see how both work, but I can always put it back if you need a beta tester for this fix.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Nope, it isn't checked oddly enough...
weird...it must have been at some point otherwise i dont see how those imported tv shows ended up in My TV.

Quote:
For rescan do you mean:
My Menu -> Settings -> SageTV Setup -> Advanced -> Rescan Existing Library?
no i meant do a full content rescan, the one that takes forever (i think that option is somewhere in that same menu...)
Quote:
And by Reimport do you mean running BMT again?
i mean rescan the existing library. you can also get this from TVE Options -> Links -> Rescan library. or int he SageMC video library right click on video -> metadata options -> rescan. THat may not be exactly correct since im doing it from memory but should get you close.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

I tried all those steps to fix my grouping issue..

Eventually, I removed the video source containing those shows from sage, rescanned everything, then re-added and rescanned. That fixed my problem.

TVExplorer looks awesome! It is a great contribution to Sage.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I tried all those steps to fix my grouping issue..

Eventually, I removed the video source containing those shows from sage, rescanned everything, then re-added and rescanned. That fixed my problem.
yup that would have been the next step i would have recommended... and seems to always work

Quote:
TVExplorer looks awesome! It is a great contribution to Sage.
thanks glad you like it
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-28-2009, 08:23 PM
SageTVaholic

First of all, let me just say that this plug-in is great. You've absolutly nailed what i'm looking for in a TV browser. Combining Sage Recording with imported videos, allowing me to filter/sort by Season/Episode, and some really nice fanart usage. And don't even get me started on your STV code, its just fantastic.

However, i'm one thing i'm not wild about is the layout so i've been tweaking it a bit the last few nights. Check out what I've got so far, I think you may like it...
Attached Images
File Type: png subtle.png (591.1 KB, 564 views)