SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
I'm having no luck adding custom video feeds. Even the examples don't work. I click on the feed, it buffers for a while, and then it says that there are no videos. Running 6.6.2.218 and trying this on an HD200. Also, this is in SageMC.
Stick to the default STV while trying this; SageMC just loads the default for online videos anyway. Since you said the examples don't even work, then see the sticky in the Software section of the forum regarding making sure your STV is up to date. There are a few downloadable STV updates that you don't have yet.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Sage User

Audio Podcast Feed Not Working

I have a fresh install of SageTV on a new system. Everything is working fine, better than ever. Today I've been playing with adding custom feeds but haven't had much luck. Wonder if someone could try this feed and let me know if you can get it to work.

feeds.feedburner.com/coverville

Coverville is an audio only music podcast.

It does show up in the menu but when I open the link it says something like "no videos found".

Thanks,
M
Old 02-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Sage User

Custom YouTube Feeds

Does anyone have examples of YouTube feeds for the custom files? Nothing I do works.

M
Old 02-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Administrator

I found a few I had played with at some point in my samples file; I think they worked:
Code:
xFeedPodcastCustom/YouTubeCBSTest_YTV=xPodcastCustom;http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/cbs/playlists?alt=rss&v=2
xFeedPodcastCustom/YouTubeCBSSTPlaylist09_YTV=xPodcastCustom;http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/playlists/20048A7C541C941C?alt=rss&v=2
xFeedPodcastCustom/YouTubeCBSSTPlaylist10_YTV=xPodcastCustom;http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/playlists/20048A7C541C941C?alt=rss&v=2
SageTV and the default STV will have to be up to date.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Sage User

Fully up to date (updated my STV just today), only the middle link works. The other two say "No videos found". No matter what I do, the YouTube channels that I'm interested in all say "no videos found" unless I edit the OnlineVideoLinks file and add them to the YouTube categories. Nuts!
M
Old 02-27-2010, 08:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Where are you all finding the "gdata" youtube links?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Where are you all finding the "gdata" youtube links?
I believe this is the link to see:

Google/YouTube gdata API

- Andy
Old 03-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Sage User

Is this file extension supported? "*.dbml"

My favorite college team has RSS Feeds with video that has a *.dbml extention which gives me the "Sage Playback Exception Error". Are these file types supported? They do launch there own player so I suspect that may be part of the problem... I don't know. Any help is appreciated. A sample link is provided.

http://www.cmuchippewas.com/rss.dbml...media=ondemand
Old 04-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Stream links in XML file

Hello,

Is it possible to have video stream links (as opposed to actual video file names) in the XML files? I would use external application to generate this XML file with the goal to be able to play stream links as custom videos in the Online Services.

Thank you.

Michael.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

What happened to TED Talks? It used to show all the talks now it only shows the ones from 2010?

Thanks,
Q

Tags
google, online videos, podcasts, youtube