SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Sage Expert

Couple quick questions:

1) Trying to link to mpeg2 video displays "Video does not have MPEG4, FLV or AVI file type". Any way to get mpeg2 streams to play?

2) RSS items containing videos will show fine, but is there any way to show items that link to another RSS feed as a folder?
Old 09-25-2009, 03:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Is it possible to drill down N levels before you hit feeds or are are you limited to
Code:
Category -> Podcast -> Videos
I'd really like to be able to do things like...
Code:
Category -> Sub Category -> ... -> Podcast -> Videos

Last edited by evilpenguin; 09-25-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Administrator

No, subcategories aren't available.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Ahh, too bad, I could do some awesome things with just one more level
Old 10-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Podcast subcategory support added

Adding podcast subcategory support has been on my to-do list for a while & I finally had time to look into adding that support a few days ago... at which time I found that I had accidentally added it a while back when I added the "Top Channels" YouTube item. I just didn't realize previously that I could tweak it to work for general podcast subcategories. The podcast subcategory properties might have been designed differently if I had started from scratch, but since the existing code worked...

The attachment in the first post of this thread has been updated to include podcast subcategory examples.

To use subcategories properly, you must be using the STV v6.6.2.17 (2009100701) update.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Sage User

I decided to try this out, but it doesn't seem to do anything, looking into the CustomOnlineVideoUIText.properties i see this:
Code:
# ==============================================================================
# Create the menu items for the Online Services menu:
# ==============================================================================

Source/xPodcastCustom/LongName=Custom Test Links
Source/xPodcastCustom/ShortName=Custom Test Links
I assume that adds a new entry into the online videos called " Custom Test Links"

However, after re-starting both Sage, and the Sagetv service, i see no new items in the list of online services.

i'm currently running:
SageTV 6.6.2.218
Java 1.6.0-15
SageMC STV 6.3.9a
df_sageutils.jar 2.2
phoenix.jar 1.43
current STV: SageMC_169-7.xml

-------=[EDIT]=-------

hrm... just updated to the latest sagetv STV and all it added was a " get hulu destop application " entry... am i doing something wrong?

Last edited by ArcAiN6; 10-08-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Did you put both custom files from the zip in the proper directory, as instructed in the first post of this thread? And, no SageTV restart is needed; the file are reloaded n the default STV every time the Online Services menu is entered.

- Andy
Old 10-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Adding podcast subcategory support has been on my to-do list for a while & I finally had time to look into adding that support a few days ago
just wanted to say thanks Andy.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks a bunch for the podcast subcategories, I should be able to do some cool stuff with the PlayOn feed now.

FYI, Opus doesn't mention it but you can also add images for the subcategory buttons

Code:
Category/AACustomSubCat/ThumbURL=ThumbURL
Category/AACustomSubCat/LongName=Subcategory 1 list name
Category/AACustomSubCat/ShortName=Subcat 1 name
Source/xPodcastAACustomSubCat/LongName=Subcategory 1 menu title
Source/xPodcastAACustomSubCat/ShortName=Subcat 1 title
Old 10-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

EvilPenguin can you let us in on what you are planning to do?

Q
________
Kawasaki GA

Last edited by Quazeye; 01-26-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:37 PM
SageTVaholic

@Opus

The Podcast sub categories back button and back remote button aren't working properly for me right now. No matter where I am in the tree it always brings me back to the top level.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
The Podcast sub categories back button and back remote button aren't working properly for me right now. No matter where I am in the tree it always brings me back to the top level.
That sounds like what happens when using the old STV -- what version does System Info list for the STV?

If you've included your import, did it by any chance reset something when it was imported?

Otherwise, I'll need to see the custom online properties files to see what happens on my system.

- Andy
Old 10-10-2009, 03:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
That sounds like what happens when using the old STV -- what version does System Info list for the STV?

If you've included your import, did it by any chance reset something when it was imported?

Otherwise, I'll need to see the custom online properties files to see what happens on my system.

- Andy
Yep, old STV, I forgot to update my dev PC. Thanks Andy.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Support for multiple custom file sets and external XML generating apps

The attachment in the first post of this thread has been updated to include info about using multiple custom online video properties file sets and how to format the podcast FeedURL to use a custom external application to generate the XML feed.

The updated support requires the STV v6.6.2.18 (2009101301) update.

Multiple Custom Online Video Property File Sets

Multiple custom properties files can be used by simply adding your own descriptive text between the end of the base custom filenames & their .properties extensions, like this:

Base filenames:
  • CustomOnlineVideoLinks.properties
  • CustomOnlineVideoUIText.properties
Sample secondary filenames:
  • CustomOnlineVideoLinks_Set2.properties
  • CustomOnlineVideoUIText_Set2.properties

The "CustomSources" properties in all the CustomOnlineVideoLinks files will be combined; any other duplicate property name values will be overwritten.

External XML Feed Generating Apps

See the example CustomOnlineVideoLinks.properties regarding formatting the FeedURL portion of a feed property to use an external XML feed generating application.

- Andy
Old 11-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Sage User

Question Subcategories Help

I can't get my head wrapped around the use of subcategories and need my hand held.

Here's my properties files I'm working on.

CustomOnlineVideoLinks_UPnP2Podcast_HGTV.properties
Code:
CustomSources=xPodcast_HGTV_PlugIn

#
# Declare Sub Catagories
#

#
# Declare Links
#

#HGTV
xFeedPodcastCustom/HGTV_Color_Splash=xPodcast_HGTV_PlugIn;external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:HGTV:^Color.Splash$:+2
CustomOnlineVideoUIText_UPnP2Podcast_HGTV.properties
Code:
Source/xPodcast_HGTV_PlugIn/LongName=HGTV
Source/xPodcast_HGTV_PlugIn/ShortName=HGTV

# Create the category names & thumbnail urls for xPodcasts:

# HGTV
Category/HGTV_Color_Splash/LongName=Color Splash
Category/HGTV_Color_Splash/ShortName=Color Splash
I'm trying to create a couple of subcategories inside Color Splash, named Season 2 & Season 3.

I've studied the samples in the first post and the .PROPERTIES files of EP's for Hulu & Netflix and the bulb hasn't lit yet.

Thanks
Old 11-11-2009, 02:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Check out Opus4's examples in the first post, they include lots of instruciton that I cut out of my files.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Sage Icon

How to remove unwanted podcast feeds?

It is easy to add custom feeds, but is there a way to remove unwanted feeds so they won't re-appear the next time there is an update?

I've noticed that there are a lot of feeds where there have been no new podcasts posted in months or years. In many cases the most recent podcast is a "goodbye" podcast indicating that there will be no more new podcasts.

I've also noticed that there are some feeds that I would prefer to be categorized differently (example: why aren't the NASA poscasts filed under Science-Tech? why are there so many animal/nature poscasts under Science-Tech?)
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 12-13-2009, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Shameless plug on.

You could try the malore online browser and mark the podcasts you like as favorites and ignore the rest. (Or browse them in the Category/Subcategory view.)

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...online+browser

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
It is easy to add custom feeds, but is there a way to remove unwanted feeds so they won't re-appear the next time there is an update?

I've also noticed that there are some feeds that I would prefer to be categorized differently (example: why aren't the NASA poscasts filed under Science-Tech? why are there so many animal/nature poscasts under Science-Tech?)
You can override the default properties in custom properties files, but I'm not sure what happens if you simply clear the values. You could, however, customize them to add/change categorization.

Quote:
I've noticed that there are a lot of feeds where there have been no new podcasts posted in months or years. In many cases the most recent podcast is a "goodbye" podcast indicating that there will be no more new podcasts.
There's already a thread to post ideas for new feeds, so go ahead & start a new one to report broken/obsolete feeds & I'll add a link to it in the first post of this thread, like the one for new feeds.

(My auto feed checking tool just checks for feeds giving a response, not those that still give a response but their content is no longer being updated.)

- Andy
Old 01-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm having no luck adding custom video feeds. Even the examples don't work. I click on the feed, it buffers for a while, and then it says that there are no videos. Running 6.6.2.218 and trying this on an HD200. Also, this is in SageMC.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit

Tags
google, online videos, podcasts, youtube