SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quick question
I looked through the sample file, and didn't see what I was looking for.
Can you add a single camera feed, like the Leoville Twit live feed?
http://twitlive.tv/
It opens a camera feed at http://player.stickam.com/stickamPla...207768-4654009

If so, this would be nice for doing stuff like webcams on traffic etc......
Old 07-11-2008, 12:18 AM
Administrator

It needs to be a podcast feed where the video is a media item in that feed. There are no direct links to individual videos, if that is what you mean.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
It needs to be a podcast feed where the video is a media item in that feed. There are no direct links to individual videos, if that is what you mean.

- Andy
I smell a feature request...........
Old 07-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Would like some more info here please.I see how to add feeds to the custom .ini and have the samples running. I have added some but cannot add others. This brings me to my questions.

Just what is the format to be added. I would love to add this site:
http://projectlore.com/ but everything I try fails. When I look at some sites and click on subscribe I get a lot of choices.

Do I have to see an .xml page?
Can we use ITunes feeds?
Must it be an RSS feed?
Can it be from Feed Burner or Google or some other "reader"?

When I add graphics to my weather website pages, I know how to "dig" down to find the final URL to display just that radar image or map, but I cannot "see" these with the different graphic players. I guess my question is which feeds or formats can we use with SageTV?

Thanks for listening .. longggg timeeee user
Old 07-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Administrator

You need to find the link to the xml podcast feed. If you know where to look on itunes, you can find the xml feed used for a feed.

I can't really say what you need to look for in an XML feed, other than that it has to contain direct links to the videos instead of links to web pages where you can view the videos.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

So once I click on a RSS feed which show the title of a video, that link must go directly to the video? So if I click on that link and it takes me to a web page with the video embeded .. no good?

EDIT: Thanks Andy, that did in fact help me identify potential feeds and I did in fact find a couple.

Last edited by jimmyb; 07-28-2008 at 05:47 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

A few YouTube questions/comments here.

First off, I'm really using the online video stuff a lot more now. Combine this with the Netflix Watch Now stuff and online video is becoming a close third to TV and Movies for my viewing habits.

Along these lines I'm happy with the ability to add custom online video feeds but wondering if there is any way to add a custom YouTube channel or playlist. For example, if I want to build my playlist of YouTube videos I can do that on YouTube under my signon, but currently don't see any way of getting that specific channel into SageTV. This would make navigating the pile of YouTube videos much nicer for the HTPC in my opinion - there's so much junk in there it's really difficult to sift through to the stuff I might actually want to watch.

Also, with CBS now adding full-length TV episodes on YouTube (like Hulu does), it would be nice to at least have that channel.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Along these lines I'm happy with the ability to add custom online video feeds but wondering if there is any way to add a custom YouTube channel or playlist. For example, if I want to build my playlist of YouTube videos I can do that on YouTube under my signon, but currently don't see any way of getting that specific channel into SageTV. This would make navigating the pile of YouTube videos much nicer for the HTPC in my opinion - there's so much junk in there it's really difficult to sift through to the stuff I might actually want to watch.

Also, with CBS now adding full-length TV episodes on YouTube (like Hulu does), it would be nice to at least have that channel.
You can customize the existing YouTube Channels list by overriding this property in the custom props file:
xYouTubeChannels/Categories

You could also look into the _GOO, _YTV, and _YTC suffixes listed in the OnlineVideoLinks.properties file to add direct links to their feeds in other podcast categories. (Those examples don't happen to be in the sample custom files in the first post.)

And, if I recall correctly from an older topic, there is a feed for your playlist(s), but it isn't in a standard type of format that SageTV parses.

I think all or most of this was previously discussed here.

- Andy
Old 11-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

So will these customization work with networked webcams with .sav or .asf?, I can access them with below addressing:

QuickTime or RealPlayer:
rtsp://< Camera IP Address>/img/video.sav
Windows Media Player:
http://<Camera IP Address>/img/video.asf
Mobile phone with RTSP support:
http://<Camera IP Address>/img/video.asf

so all I need to do is add this line for it to work?

xFeedPodcastCustom/NetworkWebCam=xPodcastCustom;http://<Camera IP Address>/img/video.asf

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Administrator

No, you don't link directly to the videos -- the video links need to be inside a valid XML podcast feed.

- Andy
Old 11-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

So...is there a way to get it to work?
Old 01-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Where do I need to look in iTunes to find the xml file for podcasts? I can't seem to find it.

Q
________
Scarabeo 500

Last edited by Quazeye; 01-26-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazeye View Post
Where do I need to look in iTunes to find the xml file for podcasts? I can't seem to find it.
One way is to subscribe to the podcast, go to your podcast subscriptions, select the ones you want to look at, then use File -> Export to export the file. That file shows the podcast URL after 'xmlUrl=' for each feed in the file.

You can also right click a feed & choose Show Description, but that only lists 1 and I don't think you can copy the URL text.

- Andy
Old 01-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok... thanks for the info.

Q
________
green crack

Last edited by Quazeye; 01-26-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Sage User

hi,

can we add the new youtube service: http://www.youtube.com/xl
Old 06-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having trouble with the custom categories. I want to have a custom catagory called Matt's Tech. So I edited the appropriate line in CustomOnlineVideoLinks.properties like this:
Code:
CustomSources=xPodcastPhotoshop,xPodcastCustom,xPodcastMatt'sTech,
And added a custom feed like this:
Code:
xFeedPodcastCustom/MacbreakWeekly=xPodcastMatt'sTech;http://leoville.tv/podcasts/mbw.xml
But instead of getting a catagory called "Matt'sTech" I get a catagory called "xPodcastMatt'sTech".

I tried changing the custom source, feed lines like this:
Code:
CustomSources=xPodcastPhotoshop,xPodcastCustom,Matt'sTech,
Code:
xFeedPodcastCustom/MacbreakWeekly=Matt'sTech;http://leoville.tv/podcasts/mbw.xml
This configuration give me a category name of "xPodcastMatt'sTech" when I want just Matt'sTech.

Anyone spot the error I'm making?

Last edited by mcaron1234; 06-05-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you follow the first post and the instructions in both text files?

Quote:
Any source or category item that has no title defined in the
# "CustomOnlineVideoUIText.properties" file will show its property name in
# SageTV.
Example in the CustomOnlineVideoUIText.properties

Quote:
Create the menu items for the Online Services menu:
# ==============================================================================

Source/xPodcastCustom/LongName=Custom Test Links
Source/xPodcastCustom/ShortName=Custom Test Links

Source/xPodcastPhotoshop/LongName=Photoshop
Source/xPodcastPhotoshop/ShortName=Photoshop

# ==============================================================================
# Create the category names & thumbnail urls for xPodcasts:

# Photoshop

Category/RusselBrownShow/ThumbURL=http://rss.adobe.com/www/special/rbrown/BannerArtjpg.jpg
Category/RusselBrownShow/LongName=The Russell Brown Show
Category/RusselBrownShow/ShortName=The Russell Brown Show

Category/PhotoshopQuickTips/ThumbURL=http://libsyn.com/podcasts/photoshopquicktips/images/quicktipslarge.jpg
Category/PhotoshopQuickTips/LongName=Photoshop Quicktips
Category/PhotoshopQuickTips/ShortName=Photoshop Quicktips
Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Gerry,

For some reason I decided I didn't need to mess with the CustomOnlineVideoUIText.properties file unless I wanted to change the feed logo, etc. I've now edited appropriately and all is well.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

is it possible for someone to post an example of an added link that i can use as a template, to just insert my own URL.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstretch View Post
is it possible for someone to post an example of an added link that i can use as a template, to just insert my own URL.
There is an the example file you can download in the first post.

- Andy

Tags
google, online videos, podcasts, youtube