SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
You'd really have to be more specific. What, exactly, are you looking for in 'added features'... guesses are most already are available in some form in the plugin repository...
Sorry for not being more specific.

Anyway, the things I like:
  • New video library, although I also like Sage's regular one (perhaps an addition to the Videos sub-menu on sage's default UI?)
  • 'Smooth' FF/REW (couldn't find an addon with the same smoothness and button control SageMC's has)
  • A few of the addons that have been made to only work with Sage that has SageMC installed

Things I don't like (because I prefer Sage7's default ones):
  • SageMC's home screen and its submenus. Also, I can't seem to get the Left arrow key to go back to the previous menu on some of the submenus. I like how Sage's categories on the home screen just expand instead of opening a whole new section.
  • SageMC's TV Guide - It keeps glitching up on me and I don't like how the info and preview is on the bottom. I'm used to how it looks on Sage because I have been using it for a couple years now.
  • A few other minor things that I could get used to over time, but I can't seem to get all the keyboard controls to work properly like they do for standard Sage....
  • No Malore menus for recording (at least that I can find)... I prefer those over any other recording manager now...
Old 09-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Sage User

Saving clips from recordings

We need an easy way to cut out and save just a segment of a recording. My wife has many 1 and 2 hour shows she is keeping because she wanted to save a 2 minute segment. The current method of going to the “convert recording” menu and having to enter the start and end times in seconds is extremely awkward and requires a calculator. And heaven help you if you have added padding! At the very least, we should be able to enter the minutes and seconds shown on the OSD bar at the points in the show we want to start and end. An even more elegant solution would be to add the capability of pausing the show at the desired start point, hit the record button on the remote, advance the show to the desired end point, then hit the record button again and have it bring up the convert dialog with the start and end times already filled in. This feature alone would save me a couple of terabytes of disk space and make the wife much happier (and willing to buy the next version!). Please!!!!

Last edited by zappedguy; 09-23-2010 at 10:49 AM.