SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveres View Post
Ok, I have another one.

First, is there a way to say that I want to record a movie and have the scheduler pick the best airing of that movie? I have the TMN in canada and they air the movies many times during the month. I would like to say "record Iron Man whenever you can fit it in"

snip
This is similar to a request I made here . I also submitted it at that time to the Sage team to be implemented into the core (as I don't know if it is possible to execute in the STV).
Old 10-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
This is similar to a request I made here . I also submitted it at that time to the Sage team to be implemented into the core (as I don't know if it is possible to execute in the STV).
Doesn't Sage do this already? If there is a conflict in the primary airing time selected, I think it tries to find an alternate time to record if possible. I am almost certain I have seen this behavior on my system.
Client 3: Media MVP to 15" Toshiba LCD
Client 4: HD100 connected to Samsung 23" 720P LCD
Client 5: HD100 connected to Vizio VX37L
Old 10-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
Doesn't Sage do this already? If there is a conflict in the primary airing time selected, I think it tries to find an alternate time to record if possible. I am almost certain I have seen this behavior on my system.
I've not seen it... what I have seen is that it will throw a conflict that you have to manually resolve (manual recording is given priority). The conflict resolution options only include to cancel the manual recording, not to look for an alternate airing.

At least that is what I recall...
Old 10-16-2008, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveres View Post
Ok, I have another one.

First, is there a way to say that I want to record a movie and have the scheduler pick the best airing of that movie? I have the TMN in canada and they air the movies many times during the month. I would like to say "record Iron Man whenever you can fit it in"

I can't seem to do that on SageMC. Based on Mike's suggestion of using Search to record movies, I find that I do the following:

select search
select title
type in the title
select the entry in the list to the right.

at this point it gives me a list of airings. I have to select one of those airings and then I can select record.
It seems that a 'Record as Favorite' button in the Program Info screen for a Movie is in order. That will allow SageTV to work its scheduling magic. It is too late to get this in for the next release, but I could probably whip up a patch to add it.

Another approach available in the next release is to find the movie however you want and then do an IMDB search from its Program Info screen (Or just do an IMDB search directly from the IMDB search entry screen). Once you have selected the correct movie from the IMDB search results, you can hit the Options key to bring up a popup menu that allows you to create a Title Favorite, Keyword Favorite, or Title + Lead Actor Favorite. With the new code in the next release to automatically convert existing recordings to Manual Recordings when a Favorite is canceled, this should be a viable option.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
It seems that a 'Record as Favorite' button in the Program Info screen for a Movie is in order. That will allow SageTV to work its scheduling magic. It is too late to get this in for the next release, but I could probably whip up a patch to add it.
I just hit the "favorites" button on my remote and it adds it in as a Favorite.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
I just hit the "favorites" button on my remote and it adds it in as a Favorite.
Well sure, if you want to do it the easy way....
Old 10-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Sage Icon

I've been using SageMC for a few weeks now and only have one feature request.

When you are viewing recorded shows, I would love to see the "Sort By Date" option extended to "Sort By Date Ascending" and "Sort By Date Descending".

Currently when you go from "Sort By Date" to "Group" the shows with most current recordings are placed first, honoring the current "Sort By Date" listings. It would be nice to see the Ascending/Descending order we've chosen be maintained in the Group sort as well.

Loving SageMC by the way!!!
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 10-29-2008, 11:46 AM
SageTVaholic

I need to update the list at the top of this thread with the changes of 6.3.8 and new requests as well - I'll add that to my to-do list but feel free to continue adding your requests to the thread. I'll get them all organized in the original post eventually.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
I've been using SageMC for a few weeks now and only have one feature request.

When you are viewing recorded shows, I would love to see the "Sort By Date" option extended to "Sort By Date Ascending" and "Sort By Date Descending".

Currently when you go from "Sort By Date" to "Group" the shows with most current recordings are placed first, honoring the current "Sort By Date" listings. It would be nice to see the Ascending/Descending order we've chosen be maintained in the Group sort as well.

Loving SageMC by the way!!!
I think that if you bring up the options menu while the sort button is highlighted, that you can switch between ascending/descending.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I think that if you bring up the options menu while the sort button is highlighted, that you can switch between ascending/descending.Aloha, Mike
I thought that there might be a way but had not found it. I'll give it a try tonight. Thanks!!
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 10-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Sage Icon

It worked!! Of course I had to drag out my keyboard and use Ctrl-O to get the menu as my MS remote has no option button on it. I'm going now to try to find a way to define a button for options menu.

Thanks again.

EDIT: I got out my Sage Manual (Andy would be proud) and linked one of my unused remote buttons to the Options command. I am left to wonder what other Options I have been missing out on. I love SageTV and SageMC.

Last edited by HelenWeathers; 10-29-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
It worked!! Of course I had to drag out my keyboard and use Ctrl-O to get the menu as my MS remote has no option button on it. I'm going now to try to find a way to define a button for options menu.
By MS remote did you mean an MCE remote ? If so, the yellow button brings up options

cheers
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 10-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewston View Post
By MS remote did you mean an MCE remote ? If so, the yellow button brings up options
Well, I have two MCE remotes. One is Microsoft branded and has no colored buttons. The unbranded remote does have 4 colored buttons so I'll give that one a try as well.

Thanks for the tip! I never paid attention to the difference until you brought it up.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Sage Expert

Request: Multichannel Favourites

The default STV has had this for a little while now, and it would be cool if SageMC had it as well: multi channel favourites.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:05 PM
SageTVaholic

It's been a long while, but I've finally updated the top post in this thread for any missing requests as well as sorting out the completed ones from the "still-waiting" list. If I missed anything you think should be included let me know.

And Mike/Dirk or anyone else in the know - if you notice anything that just should be listed as a stock UI (STV) issue and not SageMC-specific or something that is already possible let me know that as well so I can correct the main post.

I added a few more feature requests of my own even though my number one request of all time is still:
"sort videos by date added or dvd release date" Man I wish that was easier to do.....

Here's a few new ones I added as requests:
  • Update the SageMC-built-in comskip monitor to the most recent version
  • Build in the various mini-guide add-ons to SageMC as options ootb.
  • ew optional Photo View VMC-style. Show nothing on the screen except for a wall of photos (customizable by number of columns/rows of photos) and navigate the photos with your remote. Take that a step farther and add the ability to do a slideshow where that wall changes one or more photos at a time. So for example, you see 12 photos on the screen, after 5 seconds two random photos are replaced with two new ones, and then two other photos are replaced on-and-on.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Not sure how much work this would be, but how about an automated IMDB lookup when new media has been added to one of the directories.

i started using the IMDB batch tool from stuckless and does the trick for the 500+ movies in the library, but now all the new ones i add i gotta rerun the tool or do it individually for every new title added.

any chance to add stuckless new tool that works from within sage http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=287

even if this is not enabled by default so who wants to use it can enable it and who doesnt they can just leave it off,
Old 12-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Sage Icon

There's been an update to DVDProfiler so the DVDPro2Sage.class needed an update. We're tracking changes here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=325431
Old 12-28-2008, 02:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Customize sub menus?

Is it possible to be able to customize sub menus of My Menu independent of my Menu?
Old 12-28-2008, 02:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Is it possible to be able to customize sub menus of My Menu independent of my Menu?
Not sure I understand what you're saying. Could you explain further for me - sorry, I'm slow
Old 12-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Sage Icon

In the default STV, when you need to browse for a file, if you traverse up all the way to the root of My computer basically, there is also a Network item listed where you can browse files under your workgroup and select the file you need. It would be nice to have all the browse dialogs updated to have this.