SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
Well, sort of.. the thing is that with so many remakes and such that just adding a film by title doesn't mean you will get the film you are looking at in IMDB.. I'm not sure how it could be coded to ensure you get the title you are viewing in IMDB, I'd guess you'd have to cross-reference some other field, like director, major star or perhaps a date of some sort.. so it would need to create a favorite that included both the title and a keyword... maybe?

Since you mention it though, adding favorites by actor in IMDB would be great too!

Ok, I've added an options menu to create a Person favorite when viewing a particular person in the IMDB search result. That was actually pretty easy.

I'm thinking about how to make the keyword favorite more specific. I could further specify the director and year for the Keyword favorite. Do you think that would be specific enough? I would add this as an additional button to the options menu.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Ok, I've added an options menu to create a Person favorite when viewing a particular person in the IMDB search result. That was actually pretty easy.

I'm thinking about how to make the keyword favorite more specific. I could further specify the director and year for the Keyword favorite. Do you think that would be specific enough? I would add this as an additional button to the options menu.

Aloha,
Mike
Great about creating a Person Favorite!! Will be a great way to add favorite actors/directors etc!!!

The additional Keyword Favorite options would be great. I was thinking it would have to be a field or fields that are often/always listed in a zap2it type listing so that it would be properly identified by SageTV. Having either the option to add those other keywords, or having SageMC automatically add those keywords when a "Add this Title as favorite" is selected would probably do the trick!!

I appreciate the work!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

we have already talked about it, but slideshow transitions for extenders.
Gaming Rig:Q6600 Quad O/C to 2.8ghz, 4GB DDR2 1066 RAM, Geforce 8600GTS
Misc: Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver, Netgear Pro Safe 16port Gig Switch, Cat6 cabling, Linksys WRT54G running tomato firmware
Old 09-18-2008, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
Great about creating a Person Favorite!! Will be a great way to add favorite actors/directors etc!!!

The additional Keyword Favorite options would be great. I was thinking it would have to be a field or fields that are often/always listed in a zap2it type listing so that it would be properly identified by SageTV. Having either the option to add those other keywords, or having SageMC automatically add those keywords when a "Add this Title as favorite" is selected would probably do the trick!!

I appreciate the work!!!!!!
Ok, I couldn't get at the year easily (and it doesn't make sense for TV series anyway), so I ended up adding a new button that creates a Title/LeadRole favorite. It basically takes the first listed actor in the cast and adds that in addition to the Title to specify the favorite. I imagine that would take care of most situations. It also jumps directly to the favorites manager when done, so you can open the new favorite and add a keyword or adjust settings as needed.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
Any alternative ideas for music navigation? Perhaps some buttons next to the image if you're viewing the 'Cover Art' rather than the 'Song Detail' in 'Now Playing'.

Mick.
Yes I want to see a file system hierarchy way of of displaying my music that reflects the non-filesystem way I mean I hate the stupid alphabetical listing of artists with folder icons, I mean I have a lot of music and I sometimes don't have all the folder icons in place for all the artists, plus some of my id3 tags may be incompatible with sagetv or they just aren't showing up correctly I'd like to see my music seperated by artist not just by the artist in the id3 tagt but by the folder name as welln and in a hierarchal fashion i.e.: Artist-->Album-->Song or Artist-->Album-->Disc #-->Song, accordingly. Of course you can use id3 tags to get all the info that you want but if a song is in a particular folder with that artists name then that artists album and the file itsel is called 01-track name.mp3 then don't list it off with a bunch of other badly tagged songs as 001, just because the other information in the id3 tag is either corrupt or missing, maybe even an option to fix the tag from within sage to have more detail as you can do with movies. Sorry about the rant but this has been my only real issue with sage since I jumped on board I hate the way my music looks on screen because I have so many (over 820) albums and its nearly impossible to even start to find which songs have bad tags let alone have the time to ever fix them all.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:01 PM
SageTVaholic

I think it'd be awfully cool to be able to sort recorded shows by season / episode number. No clue where that info would come from, but it'd be cool

btl.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I think it'd be awfully cool to be able to sort recorded shows by season / episode number. No clue where that info would come from, but it'd be cool

btl.
Sort by Original Air Date kind of does this.....as long as the data is there/correct.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-19-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarber69 View Post
Yes I want to see a file system hierarchy way of of displaying my music that reflects the non-filesystem way I mean I hate the stupid alphabetical listing of artists with folder icons, I mean I have a lot of music and I sometimes don't have all the folder icons in place for all the artists, plus some of my id3 tags may be incompatible with sagetv or they just aren't showing up correctly I'd like to see my music seperated by artist not just by the artist in the id3 tagt but by the folder name as welln and in a hierarchal fashion i.e.: Artist-->Album-->Song or Artist-->Album-->Disc #-->Song, accordingly. Of course you can use id3 tags to get all the info that you want but if a song is in a particular folder with that artists name then that artists album and the file itsel is called 01-track name.mp3 then don't list it off with a bunch of other badly tagged songs as 001, just because the other information in the id3 tag is either corrupt or missing, maybe even an option to fix the tag from within sage to have more detail as you can do with movies. Sorry about the rant but this has been my only real issue with sage since I jumped on board I hate the way my music looks on screen because I have so many (over 820) albums and its nearly impossible to even start to find which songs have bad tags let alone have the time to ever fix them all.
Hey wbarber69,

It sounds like you could use something to help with managing/fixing the metadata on your songs. The "View By Folder" view in Sage MC would work for general browsing of the collection though you'd always be limited to Artist/Album/Song. Is this what you do at the moment?

I like the way that my music collection works in SageMC but am a bit pedantic (retentive) about what goes into the centralised collection. Everything must be correctly tagged with at least album artist, album, song title along with a pic (not to mention satisfying my lossless fetish) before making it in.

I've been very impressed with the FREE dbpoweramp tools, particularly the batch converter (http://www.dbpoweramp.com). I notice that there's a utility codec "Tag From Filename: Set ID tags from filename or folder names". I've not used it though it looks like it should help. You would likely need to work on an album by album basis unless you've been particularly fastidious with naming conventions.

Using this tool (at your own risk using a backup copy of your collection of course ) might have an effect similar to your suggestion of having SAGE MC treat the directory structure as metadata.

Quote:
Tag Recognition this is where the format of the filenames is entered, for example audio files are in the format:

C:\A Folder\4 Madonna - Holiday.mp3
C:\A Folder\6 Eminem - My Name Is.mp3

Tag Recognition would be set to: [track] [artist] - [title]

Another example:

C:\AlbumName\ArtistName_Title.mp3 Tag recognition would be set to:

\[album]\[artist]_[title]

To recognize [ and ] as fixed string enter [[ ]], for example track number is surrounded by [], example: [12] so recognition would be [[[track]]]

Mode sets the search order of the elements, for example a track is \8 Artist Name - Track Title.mp3 if back to front was selected recognition would not work, because the artist name has a space in the name, and the track number is separated by a space, but front to back would work. If the track number was at the end of the filename, such as: Artist Name - Track Title 9.mp3 then back to front should be selected, test on a few files with spaces in the track title and artist name.

Recognized Tag Elements

dBpoweramp has a set of standard tag elements, such as [artist], but any tag value can be specified in [ ] brackets, by using standard tag elements ensures they are mapped to the correct locations, they are:

artist
album
title
genre
year
track ie 2 or 2/15
comment

Album Artist
band
disc
rating
tempo
composer
conductor
label
isrc
upc
mood
style
Subtitle

Encoded by
Encoder
Encoder Settings

I'm sure there are many good tools for managing tags out there. Brent reviewed MP3 Tag on Geek Tonic a while back. I prefer just to use the tagging built into Windows as it's understood by Sage, WMP and my Toshiba Gigabeat pmc thinger and just works.

Adding album art is pretty easy. I just do a Google Image Search for the Album title and artist and save one of the 300x300ish images to the Album's directory as folder.jpg.

Edit: It might be nice to automate this from within MC.

I'm sure that a tag editor could be built into SageMC but I'm not sure that it would remove a great deal of the drudgery of editing/fixing tags which tends to be a keyboard centric chore. How would you see this looking/behaving?

Have you considered making a second music collection for SageMC and only including the fixed files? It should only take about six months of manic dedication <jk>. Another alternative might be to date a Librarian .

Mick.

Last edited by mickp; 09-20-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:06 AM
SageTVaholic

How about a front end support to this: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=239

Then you could add in other TV/Movie data sources, etc.

B
Old 09-21-2008, 07:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

I agree about the metadata importer. If it worked with TV shows that would be great. For now I automate the importer with dirimon2 and a batch file.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ebooks and ect

ok i know it sounds stupid but i like have my ebooks collection dont use my pc very much mostly my pda but would be great if i was able to read them on my tv this is just a wish i know wont happen or how easy it would be or hard it would be to do
but with every one else just a couple things like viz for music would be great
and a better one touch integrated dvd to hd know this is a big bad thing to say and probaly get in trouble .

thx
Old 09-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

I always seem to have trouble with scheduling a manual recording. I have to go to the original STV to get that done, and it seems a bit clunky. It would be nice to have a simple and quick way to schedule "record this channel at this time for XX minutes" and have it run independently of what the guide says. That way I could quickly an easily record a PPV that I ordered, no matter what the guide says. Or sometimes, the guide is just way off and I just want to record this channel until I tell it to stop.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Sage User

I guess the add favorites through imdb thing that you've been talking about pretty much solves this, but it's otherwise awfully difficult to add a favorite for something that's not currently airing. If a show's title doesn't appear in the list, you can only add it as a keyword. At least the default STV now allows you to set the keyword to only search certain fields (e.g. Title) but even that's not perfect. My example, and this example is not perfect because I cannot remember what shows gave me grief, but I just switched to Sage over the summer and wanted to setup favorites for a slew of fall shows that weren't currently in the guide and therefore didn't show up in that list. I can't be trusted to wait until January to remember to set up a favorite for "24" for example, but setting that as a keyword catches waaaay too many other shows. The same goes for older shows that are only aired sporadically. SciFi shows things like The Incredible Hulk in 8-hour blocks maybe once every couple months. By the time I notice it it's too late. I'd like to set it as a favorite and forget about it. Anyway, as I said, the IMDB thing pretty much fixes this, but it's such a non-obvious way to do things that I never ever would have figured it out on my own. There should really just be an option on the add-favorites-by-title selection to go ahead and add it anyway, even if it's not in the list.

I'd also like to see the IMDB Search option added to the left hand menu of the details page for tv shows (currently that button only shows up for movies). I know it's on the options menu, it just seems less intuitive to me. Why do it for one category (movies) and not others?

Is there a way to make the Filters on the Recorded TV menu stick that I've missed? I would like it to filter out Watched shows by default. The Sort method sticks when I leave the menu and come back, but not the Filter.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

Another thing I've always thought would be neat, and this is probably more for eye-candy than anything.. is to have the moon on the main title screen show the correct phase! In addition, if the weather data could have options for 'east coast, west coast, midwest' or some other type of geographical breakdown for the maps, that would be very slick!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

a display overtop of the slideshow for songs playing like MCE does would be nice
Gaming Rig:Q6600 Quad O/C to 2.8ghz, 4GB DDR2 1066 RAM, Geforce 8600GTS
Misc: Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver, Netgear Pro Safe 16port Gig Switch, Cat6 cabling, Linksys WRT54G running tomato firmware
Old 10-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Allow me to use the numeric keys to jump to a specific time during video playback.

BTV used to do this and I used it all the time.

For example, during playback, I would like to be able to press '2' '0' 'ok' and have it jump to minute 20 in the recording.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Use the numeric keys in the Guide to jump to a specific channel. I really don't get what the numeric keys do right now while I am looking at the guide, but I should be able to enter '2' '7' '4' and jump to Speed TV in HD.

Thanks
Greg
Old 10-07-2008, 01:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveres View Post
Allow me to use the numeric keys to jump to a specific time during video playback.

BTV used to do this and I used it all the time.

For example, during playback, I would like to be able to press '2' '0' 'ok' and have it jump to minute 20 in the recording.
We added something like this for the next release, but it is percentage based. Pressing a numeric key while the time bar is displayed will jump to number*10% in the timeline. When the time bar is not displayed, numeric entry is used to enter channel numbers as it always has.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-07-2008, 01:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveres View Post
Use the numeric keys in the Guide to jump to a specific channel. I really don't get what the numeric keys do right now while I am looking at the guide, but I should be able to enter '2' '7' '4' and jump to Speed TV in HD.

Thanks
Greg
That's supposed to be what it does now. If you are having issues with it, start a new thread with all of the relevent details and maybe a debug log.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-08-2008, 07:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
We added something like this for the next release, but it is percentage based. Pressing a numeric key while the time bar is displayed will jump to number*10% in the timeline. When the time bar is not displayed, numeric entry is used to enter channel numbers as it always has.

Aloha,
Mike
Hi Mike - here are my thoughts on this. Take it or leave it.

Hmmm I don't know what percentage based means. If I know that I want to jump to 47 minutes into the show, what percentage is that? I can see that doing that is easy to do because you just have to capture 1 key and act on it but I don't see that its overly useful. I guess the point is that it gets you close and then you use the skip forward and back from there?

Having the numbers change channel is a good thing, but only when you are watching live tv. It doesn't make any sense when you are watching a recorded show.

My $.02
Greg