SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:52 AM
SageTVaholic

I would like to see improvements to the Search feature (a-la the Default STV). In the Default STV's search, you can use single-press NTE and it will show you the matches that work with any combination of the pressed numbers. In SageMC, you have to drill the NTE down to the actual letters you are searching for.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-24-2008, 12:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Music browsing

Hey there,

Just a quick feature request/suggestion to make browsing music a bit easier.

I sometimes find that I've started playing a track from an album, browsed about a bit into different albums but would like to go back to the track listing for the album that's currently playing. From the 'now playing' screen there's not an immediately obvious way to go to the album so I end up having to go and find it again in the album listing (or other view).

Here's a picture of how the now playing screen looks at the moment with the song details displayed.

What I suggest is changing the song detail so that the options for Album, Artist, Genre and possibly Year are selectable.

Selecting the Album option would take you to the Album listing;

Selecting Artist would take you to the Album Artist view for that Artist;

Selecting Genre would take you to the Album list filtered by that Genre;

I could have sworn there was a view by year option in MC but perhaps I was thinking of a different program.

Does this seem doable? Any alternative ideas for music navigation? Perhaps some buttons next to the image if you're viewing the 'Cover Art' rather than the 'Song Detail' in 'Now Playing'.

Mick.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
I would love to see :

Ability to add independant video submenus which dont have any relation to My Videos way of sorting and view options. So you could have your main My Videos, TV Series and Home Movies all have different views within their own submenu.

Different background images for different menus.

More information pulled from the movies chararistics like its screen resolution, audio type and a star rating from IMDB/DVDProfiler and have it display a small image for each. I've attached a very rough mockup.

Cheers

Ben
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Videos Image.jpg (137.8 KB, 808 views)
Old 08-25-2008, 09:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

SageMC is fantastic as is.. But I can think of a few things to make it supreme.

- dynamic folders/categories in My Videos. Not sure how possible this is but if we can create a folder that groups items by date added, or by actor, or by director, I think that would be terrific. I would want this folder to appear when I group by genre, ie, it would be a category or subcategory. This is kind of similar to smart playlists in iTunes. This would also address Brent's request to sort videos by date. I'd have a folder which would list "20 most recent", and "Disney movies", and maybe "G rated".

- caller id on the hd extender. I think the add-in works on pc clients, or at least is not as important since you can always just use a YAC listener on a pc.

- Auto-rotate pictures based on Exif data

- add custom aspect ratio functionality from standard STV for hd extenders

- Web browser in SageMC that works on extender. maybe I'm dreaming.

Its really hard to think of new features that SageMC doesn't already have.

Last edited by appelm; 08-25-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ditto for the web browser.

I wonder if the mozilla browser engine (i.e. FireFox) could be made to render to a layer in the Sage display. It would work in Windows and Linux versions.

Because almost every site uses some form of flash, java, etc. to animate pages, a simple static HTML page display isn't going to do.

This same tech should be applied to the weather maps as well to allow display of radar / map animation.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'll second this one... Auto-rotate pictures based on Exif data.

I wish we could get a better photo slideshow like the one on the Wii. That's my wife's favorite feature of the whole game console.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:36 PM

That old video conversation thread My Moviesd again nut with Open Media Library

i made the move - btv and vista are long gone - came down to h264....

The only grief i am getting from the WAF is over videos.

SageMC displays all movies in one place - being the 400 odd movies and recorded movies etc... I used to use my movies etc but for Vista I had dumped the old my movies front end in favor of the Open Media Library front end.

http://code.google.com/p/open-media-library/

Blurb - "Finally, an open source solution for viewing and organizing your dvd library with Vista media center. This add-in allows users to browse their movie library all in one location. The titles have associated actor, producers, summaries, runtime displayed. The main layout of the project was designed to work through an extender such as the xbox360."

Apart from being in mcML argh.. They have however come up with this;

Features

* (DONE) Mymovies Xml support (one single file)
* (DONE) VIDEO_TS playback
* (DONE) Image file playback with auto-mounting/unmounting using Daemon Tools (iso, bin, cue, img, udf)
* (DONE) Codec based playback support
* (DONE) DVD Library manager support
* (DONE) DVD Profiler Xml support (one single file)
* (DONE) Movie Collectorz Xml support (one single file)
* (DONE) Image caching for speed in loading images (using VirtualList class)
* (DONE) Command Line app to import data into OML database
* (DONE) multi-file (single movie in multiple files) playback support (auto create playlists)
* (DONE) Extender support
* (DONE) Support for Blu-Ray/HD-DVD ISO files
* (DONE) Triple tap: jumping to movie by using letters on remote control
* (DONE) Filter by genre, rating, date, runtime, year etc
* (DONE) UI based setup (importers, daemontools settings, etc)
* (DONE) Metadata editor
* (DONE) Nicer/Better quality thumbnails on menu page (you will have to reimport movies for this)
* (DONE) Define OML xml scheme for 3rd party export/import

* (IN DEVELOPMENT) Mymovies Xml support (one file per folder) (80% complete)

Top Requests from 0.1b

* Folder view option
* Recursive folder support for mymovies.xml files (50% complete)

* (ON HOLD) Support for Blu-Ray/HD-DVD (50% Complete)
* (ON HOLD) Movie bookmark features (20% Complete)
* (ON HOLD) Movie trailer support (80% Complete)
* (ON HOLD) Using 3rd party programs as datasource (10% Complete)
* (ON HOLD) Search functionality (0% Complete)
* (ON HOLD) DVD playback (actual discs in a real drive, see mounting/unmounting for images of discs) (0% Complete)
* (ON HOLD) Option to omit "The" in movie sorting and displaying
* (ON HOLD) Native VMC UI controls design
* (ON HOLD) Movie Label 2009 Xml support
* (ON HOLD) Ant Movie Catalog Xml support
* (ON HOLD) DVD Profiler Xml support (one file per folder)
* (ON HOLD) Movie Collectorz Xml support (one file per folder)
* (ON HOLD) Boxset and season support (group multiple titles on the main menu into a single boxart/season shown)
* (ON HOLD) Related movies on the movie detail page
* (ON HOLD) Parental filter with password
* (ON HOLD) Selection of audio track from eg. dvd and mkv
* (ON HOLD) Selection of subtitle track from eg. dvd and mkv
* (ON HOLD) Multiple right-click options
* (ON HOLD) View: Instead of moving a cursor around the screen, the cursor is frozen center and instead the movie rows move
* (ON HOLD) Movie queue
* (ON HOLD) DVD changer support
* (ON HOLD) Windows Home Server support
* (ON HOLD) View: File/folder view
* (ON HOLD) Autoupdate feature/automatic information of new build
* (ON HOLD) Delete movie feature, deleting everything releated to the movie (metadata, moviefile, moviefolder, covers etc)
* (ON HOLD) "Mark as watched" feature
* (ON HOLD) Ripping DVD's to local/server harddrive
* (ON HOLD) Automatic metadata/cover art retrieval
* (ON HOLD) Support of other languages
* (ON HOLD) Holding down the down button on the movie screen resolves in stopping scrolling and instead displaying letters changing up the alphabet. Stopping scrolling takes the user to the first movie starting with the letter chosen.

Now this is all open source... Was wondering if there were synergies - their Ui is cool, it is all open source, a lot of the work around My Movies etc to Open media Library transalations are complete - so may be we could base something around a common media format?

Just a random thought.....
Old 08-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
My top 5 Feature Requests would be as follows (in order of importance):
1 - One click DVD Burning or recorded TV (any format... HD-PVR, standard .mpg or HD .mpg)
2 - A MyMovies type of DVD management solution.
3 - Integrated support of SAV1 and/or DVRMSToolbox.
4 - Integrated caller ID support.
5 - Transparent mini-guide overlay.

I know that a lot of these are available as additional downloads and STVi's, but I would like to see them more tightly integrated.
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 08-31-2008, 08:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Here are my requests:

1. I would like to see a separate screen for DVDs. (i.e. separate them from the My Videos screen) These two things are disparate in my mind and I'd like to have a separate setup for each.

2. I'd like to be able to shut off the coloring of padding on the OSD timeline. (Using the SRE plugin causes there to be alot of padding for sporting events and I'd like to see the commercial breaks.)

3. On the EPG, I'd like to be able to use the skip3 buttons on my HD100 remote to jump a full day in the guide. Right now they don't seem to do anything.

4. A filter for unwatched items in the My Videos screen, like on the Recorded TV screen. (I've actually already added this for my setup, so if this isn't done in the next version I'll put out an STVi for anyone else that wants it.)
Old 09-03-2008, 06:54 AM
Sage User

I access a lot of the TV Series I have on DVD on Sage, and I use the folder view of my videos to access them.

I store them in this sort directory structure

\Cheers <DIR>
-\Season_01 <DIR>
--\Episode_01.mkv
--\Episode_02.mkv
-\Season_02 <DIR>
--\Episode_01.mkv
--\Episode_02.mkv
\Seinfeld <DIR>
-\Season_01 <DIR>
--\Episode_01.mkv
--\Episode_02.mkv
-\Season_02 <DIR>
--\Episode_01.mkv
--\Episode_02.mkv

What would be cool is if I could put a .JPG folder in the root, where all the TV show's root folders are located, with the same name as the show (cheers.jpg, seinfeld.jpg), and that would the thumbnail for the folder when using folder view of My Videos.

Just a thought, let me know if I can clarify,
thanks!
Old 09-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Sage User

New 6.4 option for SageMC

I was told that this new option isn't available if you run SageMC. I can confirm this.
Is it possible to make this happen ?

v6.4 option: Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Automatically Enable Channels Newly Added to EPG Lineups.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv73 View Post
I was told that this new option isn't available if you run SageMC. I can confirm this.
Is it possible to make this happen ?

v6.4 option: Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Automatically Enable Channels Newly Added to EPG Lineups.
Just switch to the default STV, set that configuration item, and then switch back to MC.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:19 PM
SageTVaholic

In the next release, you will be automatically switched to the actual default STV (not a modified copy) when entering the Detailed Settings menu. Hopefully this will eliminate most the confusion with settings in the future.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
In the next release, you will be automatically switched to the actual default STV (not a modified copy) when entering the Detailed Settings menu. Hopefully this will eliminate most the confusion with settings in the future.

Aloha,
Mike
Since you mentioned it

Are there any estimates as to when this gem will be revealed? Or have you learned from the SAGE masters that no estimate is better than an optimistic one?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Talking Feature Requests

Here are a couple things I'd like to see...

1) Ability to use weather data from other sites so that users with Personal Weather stations near to their homes could use that data.. ie, weatherforyou.com and wunderground.com.

2) Ability to password protect individual recordings and DVD's.. currently the parental controls don't 'seem' to allow me to block specific episodes, shows and/or ripped DVD titles.

Those are the things I'd find most useful at this point... looking forward to a new rev!!

Thanks!
Old 09-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Another Suggestion

Here is something I've wanted for a while.. maybe not possible.. but add it to my list..

I'd like to have the following option:

"Add Favorite from IMDB"

This way I could look up a movie, or actor or whatever and have a favorite added accordingly from the IMDB screen. I know you could still use keywords and such, but with movies with identical titles and such, it would be nice if we could Identify the movie or actor in IMDB and press a button and be certain that we stored the correct thing as a favorite!

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
I've been looking at MP and came accross this for a my video's layout, its proberly to tricky to have fan art backgrounds for individual films but the layout seems more reasonable and I think looks very cool.

Anyway heres the links -

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/at...c-23-06-07.jpg

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/at...c-22-51-49.jpg
Old 09-17-2008, 12:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Those are nice screen shots, but only really workable for either GIANT screens (ie front projection) or computer monitors. On a normal 40" - 50" Flat Screen at normal viewing distances, you wouldn't be able to read any of that!
Old 09-18-2008, 01:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Here's my current list in no particular order:
  • NEW 06/05/08 TV, Currently there is a "grouped" option where it groups shows by category and sorts by the category most recently recorded. Add an "apha grouped" option that lists the groups in alpha sort order
I guess I'm a little unclear about this request. If I'm reading this correctly, SageMC can already do this. Select 'Sort by Title' in the Recorded TV menu and it will list all recorded programs alphabetically, with series grouped. This is the view I have been using for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
Here is something I've wanted for a while.. maybe not possible.. but add it to my list..

I'd like to have the following option:

"Add Favorite from IMDB"

This way I could look up a movie, or actor or whatever and have a favorite added accordingly from the IMDB screen. I know you could still use keywords and such, but with movies with identical titles and such, it would be nice if we could Identify the movie or actor in IMDB and press a button and be certain that we stored the correct thing as a favorite!

Thanks!
I looked into this and it turns out that SageMC can already create a favorite by Title or Keyword from the IMDB data (but not by actor). Just bring up the Options menu when viewing your IMDB search result. That will pop up a menu with the options to create a favorite by Title or Keyword. Is this what you are looking for?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I looked into this and it turns out that SageMC can already create a favorite by Title or Keyword from the IMDB data (but not by actor).
Well, sort of.. the thing is that with so many remakes and such that just adding a film by title doesn't mean you will get the film you are looking at in IMDB.. I'm not sure how it could be coded to ensure you get the title you are viewing in IMDB, I'd guess you'd have to cross-reference some other field, like director, major star or perhaps a date of some sort.. so it would need to create a favorite that included both the title and a keyword... maybe?

Since you mention it though, adding favorites by actor in IMDB would be great too!