SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Sage Icon

really liking this theme. Ive been out of the loop for a while now due to a move and still had the items on the main screen going vertical. Got that all set up but as the previous poster, my icons are not exactly the same. Is there an override setting or something that i can just point to and use ALL of the centersage graphics?
Thanks,
juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 04-06-2008, 10:27 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't think there is a way to automatically load a set of icons - u just have to load them up one at a time.

btl.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Well, there kind of is. We had this same issue with Meedio, which now has a plugin to manage icons...but that's another story.

If the paths to the icons are relative, and the names to the icons are the same from theme to theme, then when you switch themes the icons will switch as well.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Well, there kind of is. We had this same issue with Meedio, which now has a plugin to manage icons...but that's another story.

If the paths to the icons are relative, and the names to the icons are the same from theme to theme, then when you switch themes the icons will switch as well.
Totally agree. The problem being that the default SageMC install doesn't have icons defined for everything on the Main Menu, and nothing on the Dynamic Sub Menus.

Once you get it set up, and if you have relative paths, then switching is automatic, assuming the new theme has icons with the same name.

btl.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Sage Icon

OK... maybe I'm slow...

I downloaded and extracted the files to my server, but when I select the theme on the HD extender, my menu is still the same stack it was before. Is your "carousel" layout not part of the package? What do I need to change?
Old 04-08-2008, 03:23 PM
SageTVaholic

You have to import the .layout file. Bring up the options on the Home screen and select "Customize Layout"

The CenterSage layout files are part of the download, and are in a folder "CenterSage" created in the MenuLayouts folder of SageMC.

btl.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Great skin - thanks. Is there any way to get the green selection bar when using the standard (text) menu style in the main menu and sub-menus? It seems to be using the blue selection bar from the iTV theme.
Were you able to figure out how to change to the green selection bar in the main menu? I tried to replace several images that looked like they may be used for the selection bar but I've had no luck. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry cncb - I totally forgot about this. I'll look at it 2nite.

btl.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Here's the image you need. Goes in the CenterSage directory under Themes. I'll update the main download sooner or later

btl.
Attached Images
File Type: png hp_selectionbar.png (4.9 KB, 704 views)
Old 04-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Here's the image you need. Goes in the CenterSage directory under Themes.
Looks great - thanks. One thing I have noticed which might be a SageMC problem is the menu selection image/bar is not stretched to fit some of the longer text items in the "My Menu" menu.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Looks great - thanks. One thing I have noticed which might be a SageMC problem is the menu selection image/bar is not stretched to fit some of the longer text items in the "My Menu" menu.
It used to be that the width of the main menu could not be adjusted and the selection bar appeared too long and out of proportion. The solution at the time was to add about 20% blank space to the left of the selection bar image. This practice is no longer necessary.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 05-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
It used to be that the width of the main menu could not be adjusted and the selection bar appeared too long and out of proportion. The solution at the time was to add about 20% blank space to the left of the selection bar image. This practice is no longer necessary.
Ok, I will just adjust the menu width and/or font size where I'm having problems. Thanks.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Sage User

couple thoughts for centersage

I'm loving the centersage theme. Downloaded on my sage system as well as set it up on a friends' sage system. Really sharp. 2 thoughts. On my buddies setup he the non active sections of the epg were really hard to read (black text on bluish background.) I changed the font color to white and it made it much easier to read. Not sure if you can change that on your end or if you even want to. It looks fine on my projector. 2nd thing - the main menu scrolls in the opposite direction that my brain thinks it should scroll. For example, I hit the right direction arrow, and instead of moving to the icon on the right side, it goes left. Is there an easy way to change this? Really love the theme.
-T
Old 05-01-2008, 03:58 PM
SageTVaholic

You just need to "reverse" the navigation direction using the menus (my mind is also "reversed").

On the main menu (or sub menu), press Escape. Select Customize Screen Layout, Scroll down to Menu and select the Customize button next to it, then scroll down to Nav Direction and change it from Default to Reversed. Then just select Close to get out of the menus (you may also want to export the layout if you don't want to have to repeat this the next time you setup your Sage menus)

Hope this helps.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Sage User

Perfect! Now just need to have some friends over so I can show it off...
Old 05-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
AH - I should have thought of that. I just assumed anyone using SageMC was using the dynamic menus.

IF you want to use the normal menus, in the theme.properties file towards the bottom this line is commented out :

Code:
#Background/Main_Menu=center_sage.jpg
Change it to :

Code:
Background/Main_Menu=main_background.jpg
btl.
I installed the theme and layout tonight, and it is superb! I have never used the dynamic menus before because the standard interface worked just fine for me. When I set the theme to use dynamic menus and loaded the _sub layout, I got nothing except that some of my standard icons were missing. How do I get SageMC to use your dynamic menu setup?
Old 05-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Sage User

hi there -

just installed this and it looks great! a couple of questions:

1. it looks like this uses the default icons for categories in the videos section (e.g., the icon for "crime", "action", etc.) i personally don't like the default ones...they look too old fashioned for me (though i'm sure others would like them). is there a set of icons available that are more thematically consistent with the centersage ui?

2. when i conduct a "search" under the television section, the "numeric pad" kind of thing that appears on the left is very small...and doubled. by that, i mean it looks like there are two numeric pads on top of each other. that seems to be an error, isn't it? and more importantly, is there a better method of entering text from the remote control? i'm coming over from a tivo, which uses a grid of the entire alphabet (not fantastic but not terrible either).

thanks again!
Old 05-21-2008, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=221

Those are the theme icons you want.

I've never seen the search thing before.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Sage User

thanks for the pointer to the icons.

in terms of the search interface issue, i just noticed that it happens only when i search under "televison" by title or by actor. everywhere else (e.g., under movies or by keyword in the television section) it looks like a regular-sized numeric keypad. and in fact, i'm noticing that under if i conduct a search in the music category, there's a full-sized numeric keypad shown, but right below that the first row of keys (1sym, 2abc, 3def) repeats again, full-sized. and below that, the second row of keys (4ghi, 5jkl, 6mno) repeats again, miniature sized. maybe that will help with troubleshooting...
Old 05-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just tried this theme and my wife and I love it. However, I managed to muck up the "My Menu" submenu.

At some point I must have accidentally cloned the main menu and can't undo it--it has the spotlight background and horizontal navigation. I really want the submenu look designed for this theme, but despite several attempts to re-import, I can't get it back.

Any suggestions?

Tim

EDIT: Orginally stated that the problem was with my "settings" menu

Last edited by othy; 05-25-2008 at 10:28 AM.