SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Make sure you're using the latest SageTV. Make sure you have the latest SageMC 16x9 STV loaded properly. This isn't for the default SageTV STV. Make sure you have imported it in SageMC-Settings-Import STVI and don't load it as a STV.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Sage User

That's what I've been using - in fact I have four instances of it in the "new internal screen" selection. I think that it would be necessary to enter my account information somewhere, but I can't seem to get to that section.

This is probably something simple, I'm just a dolt.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Sage Icon

I must be missing something too. I am pretty sure I have the plugin installed properly, but when I done with setup, no data seems to be downloaded. My netflix cache file is empty, and no data populates any of the categories.

I think my netflix ID is right (it starts with a P and a long list of numbers, extracted from the personalized RSS feed as documented), and my netflix signin information. Nothing seems to happen.

Is there a log file somewhere where errors are reported? I am at a loss as to how to debug this.

thanks,
mike
Client 3: Media MVP to 15" Toshiba LCD
Client 4: HD100 connected to Samsung 23" 720P LCD
Client 5: HD100 connected to Vizio VX37L
Old 02-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR2008 View Post
That's what I've been using - in fact I have four instances of it in the "new internal screen" selection. I think that it would be necessary to enter my account information somewhere, but I can't seem to get to that section.

This is probably something simple, I'm just a dolt.
That points to a definite problem. You are installing the import on top of the old one. The NetFlix import, like many others, is not re-importable. To load it again you need to reload the Sage_MC STV without any imports (or go back to the xml version before NexFlix was imported), and then add back the NetFlix import along with any others that you use. It will not work correctly without starting fresh. That may explain some of the other problems that are being reported.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
That points to a definite problem. You are installing the import on top of the old one. The NetFlix import, like many others, is not re-importable. To load it again you need to reload the Sage_MC STV without any imports (or go back to the xml version before NexFlix was imported), and then add back the NetFlix import along with any others that you use. It will not work correctly without starting fresh. That may explain some of the other problems that are being reported.
I tried that already. It's my standard practice when loading new plugins. Is there some debugging log to see what the issue is connecting to netflix and dwonloading info? I get no errors about my password being wrong or the netflix id being invalid, etc...
Old 02-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I think Morgan already mentioned this before, but it seems every time I exit SageTV, I have to delete the file in the neflix cache directory before restarting... then, I have to wait for everything to download when it's saying "Still Loading".

I can see why Morgan is motivated to get rid of the caching all together
At this point I was only thinking that you would have to delete the cache if you had one previously from the DwarF version of the NetFlix import. I seem to be fine between restarts without touching the cache directory file.

Yes, me no like the cache. (although there could be some limitations without it).
Old 02-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
I'm still having the same issue. My settings seem to be correct because its finding my queue but maybe I have something else wrong.

Things of note-

In my cache dir I have a single 0 bytes file, show.properties

My log file grows really fast but I do have it set to 5

All items in my queue say"(loading) Still Loading"

If I select the item from the queue it has downloaded the DESC but the next field actors: and all others say still loading.

Using the item ID# for the first item in my queue I found where it seems to be trying to get this information from netflix in the log file over and over. Here is one instance.

Code:
ShowHTMLParser constructed for:70044895
GetMovieDetailRemote recieved processRequest

:
:
cannot locate trailerUrl start
org.gnu.dwarf.sage.netflix.show.ShowNotFoundException: show is invalid:70044895:null:null
	at org.gnu.dwarf.sage.netflix.show.Show.<init>(Show.java:46)
	at org.gnu.dwarf.sage.netflix.show.ShowHTMLParser.getShow(ShowHTMLParser.java:61)
	at
Definitely a cookie problem. I'm not sure if the the remote access cookie handling in the JAR depends partially on the installed browsers. Do you have cookie access messages when navigating the netflix site on that PC in IE, and Firefox if you also have that? Make sure you have not imported the NetFlix import when it is already loaded in the STV.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
I tried that already. It's my standard practice when loading new plugins. Is there some debugging log to see what the issue is connecting to netflix and dwonloading info? I get no errors about my password being wrong or the netflix id being invalid, etc...
There is a Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\sage.netflix.log file with debug info. The NetFlix Main Menu only appears one time in the list of internal screen names now, right?
Old 02-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the help!

No I don't see any cookie issues when browsing Netflix. Although I personally prefer Firefox the box is just for media and the only browser is IE that I use to watch their Play now stuff.

To be on the safe side I turned off my firewall and set IE's cookies to allow everything but I still see the same issue.

peace . . .

Quote:
Definitely a cookie problem. I'm not sure if the the remote access cookie handling in the JAR depends partially on the installed browsers. Do you have cookie access messages when navigating the netflix site on that PC in IE, and Firefox if you also have that? Make sure you have not imported the NetFlix import when it is already loaded in the STV.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
There is a Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\sage.netflix.log file with debug info. The NetFlix Main Menu only appears one time in the list of internal screen names now, right?
Thanks for the pointer to the log file. It showed an access violation, which turned out to be a access rights issue on the cache directory (All my SageTV clients and server run under a common account). Fixed now, and now the plugin seems to be working.

Very nice plugin! This will be another improvement to WAF.

Thanks again!
Mike
Old 02-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Would you please be a little more specific what I need to do (as far as steps)? I got sort of lost here. Do I need to reload the basic sageTV? Thanks so much!
Old 02-18-2008, 02:11 AM
Sage User

Just got it figured out, thanks.

I use a MediaMVP in the living room, has anyone integrated this with an MVP? Seems that it would be impossible to hit the three or so click-throughs unless viewing on a client (which I'm trying to avoid by using a server setup).
Old 02-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Sage Icon

I don't think watch it now is going to work on extenders, or Macs, or Linux systems because of the windows drm they use. From the netflix help topic:

You need a computer
- running Windows Vista or Windows XP with Service Pack 2
- Internet Explorer version 6 or higher
- Windows Media Player version 11
- a broadband Internet connection
- and the free Netflix Movie Viewer software (which we prompt you to install the first time you instantly view a movie).

The hd100 has the ability to deal with windows drm, but this would take somw work by the sage guys and netflix to work.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Sage User

So it seems. For the programmers out there, is there any chance that we could have seemless integration for MediaMVP / HD Extenders? The thought of building another box for the living room is just not appealing and I just got the wife used to the MVP setup.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:48 PM

Setuo menu issues

I am having an issue setting this up once the mod is extracted and the STVi is imported I added the Netflix menu item . When I click on the menu item the menu asks me to setup it up when I click on setup I get a black screen with what appears to be menu items stack on top of each other in the top right hand corner. I have tried completely uninstalling SageTV and einstalling along with SageMC and still get the same issue. Here are some screen shots showing the issue.

Am I missing something somewhere?

Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sage_Main.jpg (32.5 KB, 710 views)
File Type: jpg Sage_Netflix.jpg (18.7 KB, 731 views)
File Type: jpg sage_netflix_setup.jpg (14.9 KB, 712 views)
File Type: jpg sage_Versions.jpg (47.2 KB, 706 views)
Old 02-19-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordruh View Post
I am having an issue setting this up once the mod is extracted and the STVi is imported I added the Netflix menu item . When I click on the menu item the menu asks me to setup it up when I click on setup I get a black screen with what appears to be menu items stack on top of each other in the top right hand corner. I have tried completely uninstalling SageTV and einstalling along with SageMC and still get the same issue. Here are some screen shots showing the issue.

Am I missing something somewhere?

Thank you

Ok, I have no Idea what I did to fix it but now its working.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

wow!! just signed up for netflix a week ago and cant believe there is something this cool to use with it!! Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen!

That being said i need some help getting going here

Im somewhat new to sage and am learning as i go along.. im having trouble finding this step on any menu

"3) Choose File->Import and select the packaged NetFlix_SageMC.xml file."

ive allready screwed a few things up and fixed them but still cannot find where to do this. im sure its an easy step as no one else seems to have had trouble with it.

ive also just upgraded to sagemc Build v6.3.7

thanks in advance for any help
Old 02-20-2008, 07:30 PM
SageTVaholic

My Menu-Settings-Import STVI. Scroll down and pick NetFlix_SageMC.xml.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

ahh ok.. that was actually just a continuation of step 2 then? I allready did that part.. i though this was another import menu all together.
thanks for the quick reply.. back to working on this

Edit::
ok i was pretty sure that i had it good to go but Im having the issue of it still saying "still loading" after a half hour or so. Reading through this thread i noticed it is not good to have more than 1 listing of netflix when you go to add it to the menu. In my "new internal screen" option it has it listed twice. This is because i didnt know what i was doing and imported it multiple times.
So I think i know what my problem is I just dont know how to fix it. How do i delete this stv completely and start over?
thanks again

Last edited by boognish; 02-20-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

boognish,
If you go to settings>load STV, you should be able to scroll through the directory that comes up and see that there is a new stv file created for each stvi you imported (you should see something like SageMC_169_1.xml, SageMC_169_2.xml, and so forth). Just pick an xml file that was generated before the second time you imported the plugin. Alternatively, you could go back to the original SageMC xml file and just import all of your plugins again. Hope that makes sense. Good luck!

Last edited by petereader; 02-21-2008 at 09:32 AM. Reason: butter fingers