SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-11-2023, 11:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

For me? Personally? I just wanted to be able to continue to capture USA (now has drm on TVE) via ChannelsDVR and feed it into SageTV.

Like I said above, you can always use opendct to use the script to control the android box to do the same thing but I prefer doing it through ChannelsDVR. (You can even use the tuning scripts and a hdpvr2 and get 5.1 audio YTT from an android box.) I prefer to use the network encoder with ChannelsDVR because that way I am able to more easily watch live Premier League games from work. Its just what works for me.

Last edited by boukmandutty; 05-11-2023 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-12-2023, 05:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry, boukmandutty, that comment wasn't directed at you specifically. It's frustrating sometimes that the Channels DVR developers don't seem to want to really dig in and solve problems by make something like this native to their software. When I was younger, I enjoyed tinkering with this stuff, but today, after running engineering calcs for 8, 9, 12 hours a day, sometimes I just like to leave the engineering at work and have things a little more aggregate when I get home.

I do appreciate you guys jumping in and leading the way on this stuff, though. Thank you.
Old 05-18-2023, 02:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukmandutty View Post
For me? Personally? I just wanted to be able to continue to capture USA (now has drm on TVE) via ChannelsDVR and feed it into SageTV.

Like I said above, you can always use opendct to use the script to control the android box to do the same thing but I prefer doing it through ChannelsDVR. (You can even use the tuning scripts and a hdpvr2 and get 5.1 audio YTT from an android box.) I prefer to use the network encoder with ChannelsDVR because that way I am able to more easily watch live Premier League games from work. Its just what works for me.
Watching HBO on SageTV thanks to you and NextPvr Support.

Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2023-05-18 131032.png (298.7 KB, 32 views)